CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Turnaround Stories

+7
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
j. kinky
blkbeauty2010
Curlock Holmes
rayray19
SummerSkye
11 posters

Go down

Product Turnaround Stories Empty Product Turnaround Stories

Post by SummerSkye 9th November 2010, 1:39 am

I'm interested in know if you all initially tried a product and hated it. Then, you used it a different way (other than the directions or in a different order in your regimen) and you fell in love!
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Product Turnaround Stories Empty Re: Product Turnaround Stories

Post by rayray19 9th November 2010, 1:55 am

hmmm thats a good question..i would have to say KCCC..when i first tried it i was like "why did i waste my lil bit of money on this?" but i refused to give up on it and keep trying to use it different ways..i finnaly tried coconut oil under the KCCC and BAM!! I had soft define curls..without all the hardness
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 9th November 2010, 3:15 am

Right now, it's shea butter. I just realized that I CANNOT use shea butter on wet hair, as it just makes it hard. And I just made up a shea mixture that has my hair feeling very soft- I'm excited! (my hair is picky, so finding stuff that works is a huge deal!)
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th November 2010, 11:23 am

I agree with Ray. KKCC i didnt really care for the first time I used it. It wasnt so much how the product made my hair look or feel cuz I actually judged it before my hair even dried (IKR!?!?) I didnt like the consistency of the product or how it was so hard to wash off my hands. I couldnt imagine how my hair would look or feel dry. I found out that I CANNOT shingle any stlyer in my hair finger combing is the best technique for me. And after watching a YT video I learned i must shake the hell outta my haed to form curls and not KKCC was my end of summer early fall go to product! So wish they had a styling product you could use on dry hair to define curls
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 9th November 2010, 11:27 am

SHOUT OUT TO CURLYDEE... I'm from the 'ill Mil' (I hate when people call it that lol!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 10th November 2010, 4:23 am

Thanks you all! Ha, I am having issues with KCCC and shea butter as well. I just think the shea is not my friend. My skin loves it though. It's like the new vaseline! KCCC, eh, it feels and looks too much like snot. LOL! I paid for this stuff so I guess I'll try to work with it.

Take care, ladies!
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 12th November 2010, 4:31 pm

Aussie Moist. It ok as a detangler but when i try it as a leave in it sucked!!!!!!made my scalp itch like crazy! But i wasnt about to let that whole bottle go to waste so i used it with a polisher as a styler on my dry twist out and i was like whoa....loving it. Defined curls with a nice hold.
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 12th November 2010, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I love aussie moist. I just have to make sure any conditioner I use for a leave-in is not on my scalp. Its much happier now. I also find I don't break out so much when I make sure the styling products don't touch my skin. Makes sense I guess, I don't need styling product on my roots or scalp. lol.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 12th November 2010, 4:46 pm

Madeaj wrote:Yeah, I love aussie moist. I just have to make sure any conditioner I use for a leave-in is not on my scalp. Its much happier now. I also find I don't break out so much when I make sure the styling products don't touch my skin. Makes sense I guess, I don't need styling product on my roots or scalp. lol.

I have to learn how to keep the evoo from touching my face when i dt bc since using it i starting to break out but the hair loves it.....what a girl to do Sad
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th November 2010, 5:34 pm

KBB (karens body beautiful) did nothing for me in the beginning or I wasn't using right ... now I'm learning to love her shea butter and hair milk

Oils break me out too - when I mix them together - the nape of my neck I started developing pimples and couldn't figure why - then it dawned on me the oils - when i stopped using them the pimples went away and never came back
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliGoddess 12th November 2010, 7:12 pm

I'd have to saqy the KCCC. Iwas attempting to be cheap and just bought the KCCC with out the Knot Today (leave-in) or Come Clean (shampoo). I hated it! Therefore, i used shea butter and some other leave-in under the KCC which left white residue on my hair.

After watching a tutorial on Kinky Curly, i saw that it generally doesn't play well with other product lines and was developed to work together. So i caved and bought the additional products and OMG the Knot Today....Love IT!

Definately a staple for now.....
CurliGoddess
CurliGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th November 2010, 7:23 pm

The Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque works great as a moisturizers!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 12th November 2010, 7:24 pm

KCCC and Shea Butter. Kccc didn't impress me right away, but I love it now. And Shea Butter didn't do magic the first time I used it, but now I use it in a way that my hair loves.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 12th November 2010, 8:23 pm

Unrefined shea butter. The first time i used to on dry hair and it kind of just sat on top of my hair, making it look "ashy". I then tried it on damp hair and it worked a little better, but after whipping it and adding oils and conditioner to it...i love it!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down