CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

+27
Erica5417
.nikki.b.
C.
Elasstikwaistlyne
Blackdoll83
kinksncurls
Deva_87
mverde3
Intelligentbeauty
Lilith_Eve
splitsun
bholmes87
CreoleLady88
xoxo
Mrsafro
NewlyNina
BlondeByDesire
Ameenah
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
CocaColaCutie
Courtney
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
Miss BL
danycurls
Poundcake921
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories! Empty February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

Post by Poundcake921 18th February 2010, 12:16 am

Hello My Fellow BC'ers!

I thought I would start this thread for those of us who BC'd this month....most recently last week! There was something definitely in the water....the amount of BC's was astonishing but libertaing at the same time! I'm curious to hear your one, two, and three week anniversary stories! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll start....

I BC'd on 02/10/10 (night of the snowstorm) after 8 months of transitioning. So far my experience has been very positive...I have gotten alot of great feedback from my peers (especially on Facebook) even though it wouldn't have mattered if it was negative...I did the BC for me and no one else! I even got stopped twice today in the street by strangers with compliments about my hair and the headband I was wearing....it gave me a lil extra pep in my step!

As far as my hair goes, since I have very dry, thick, and coarse hair, it took awhile to figure out how to get my hair soft and make my curls pop....the products I used were mostly JBCO, S-Curl Gel and activator, and a leave in conditioner spray mix with water, leave-in cond., EVOO, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and a lil of JBCO. However, I am still experencing frizziness but just tonight out of nowhere my curls are POPPING OUT OF NOWHERE...they are fighting against the frizziness of my hair....these were finally the curls I recognized when I was transitioning....not only that my hair is growing already (seriously) and it looks full and healthy...I am still so excited about my hair and I really can't stop twirling my curls...it's addictive and everyone keeps yelling at me "Stop touching your hair!!"...lmao!

So that's my story! Can't wait to hear yours! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories! Empty Re: February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

Post by danycurls 18th February 2010, 12:38 am

I BC'd on 02/07/2010 after transitioning for four months. At first I contemplated BCing after a year ,but I couldn't take it anymore how my relaxed broke off, so on a whim that day I chopped it off. Supringsingly enough it was so liberating.I am so inlove with my natural hair, it is soft and curly I can't stop touching it eventhough I shouldn't as much. I am so excited to take care of it as the most precious fabric ever created.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][img][/img]
danycurls
danycurls

Back to top Go down

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories! Empty Re: February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

Post by Miss BL 18th February 2010, 1:13 am

I did the big chop on 2/13/2010 after transitioning for 9 months. I was 39 weeks post relaxer, and really wanted to hold off till 40 weeks. However, I couldn't wait, and really happy I didn't. I love my natural hair, and have gotten a lot of compliments. I don't see growth yet, but I am starting to see waves and curls form. I am also still learning what works for my hair and what doesn't.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miss BL
Miss BL

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 1:32 am

this is a great idea..this way I can say BRavo to all of you at once!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th February 2010, 6:27 am

congrats ladies!! great idea!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 18th February 2010, 11:30 am

Congrats Ladies! woot!
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th February 2010, 11:51 am

yea congrats. You all look great!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 12:14 pm

Congratulations ladies!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 18th February 2010, 12:15 pm

Well I BC'd on 02/09/2010. I kinda did it on a whim, ironically because of my husband. We got hit with a blizzard so while stuck in the house prior to my BC I decided to do my hair. I rolled my hair on flexi rods and it turned out cute. My husband said well you should just go ahead and cut it off because now you know how you'll look. And that's exactly what I did. He took me to his barber and the rest is history. I wanted to be a long term transitioner, but then decided that I wanted to really watch my curls grow as oppose to trying to blend them in with the relaxed hair. I'm happy with my decision and have gotten all positive feedback so far. Not that I care. I've gotten a few stares from a few relaxed sista's but I just strutted right past them like yeah and what lol. Congrats to all of those on the BC train!!!!

Last edited by newcurlieque on 18th February 2010, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 2:36 pm

Congrats Newcurlie!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 18th February 2010, 3:03 pm

I BC'd on 2/16/10 and I had transitioned for 13 months I actually had decided to be a long term transition and never BC, but I began to get curious and I would see my curls. Also I stayed on youtube and on this website looking at everyone journey and how healthy their natural hair looked. I decided to go ahead and do the BC maybe a week from now. But I got antsy sitting here and doing more research looking at other peoples stories and just said let me cut just a part. I looked up and I had did my whole head.

I am still finding some perm but I just snip, I actually cried and called all of my friends because I was in shock, yesterday I had a bad day stressed about how short it was i kept changing the style. But today i wore my first wash and go and I am loving it, still not loving the length but I am grateful for what I have obtain and will try to take care of it as much as possible. Although I went through all of this I can't keep my hands out of my hair I did not know that my hair had these curls I LOVE THEM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so all and all I am glad I did it.
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 3:23 pm

Congrats Ameenah!! Now let us see..post some pics please bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 18th February 2010, 4:06 pm

Thank you sweetdrk1!!! congrats Ameenah!

Last edited by newcurlieque on 18th February 2010, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th February 2010, 4:18 pm

I'll be back on Saturday to tell mine ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 4:26 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'll be back on Saturday to tell mine ...

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 18th February 2010, 4:36 pm

Ok... I BCd on 2/10/2010 and I will post my story and pics this weekend! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 18th February 2010, 4:57 pm

Hi Ladies

I too decided to BC at the spare of the moment (13/02/10). I was tired of weave and braids and have never really been a big fan of them.

I thought I would love my short hai because i love the feel of my natural hair whenever it grows.

BUT WOW..... I cried for almost 3 days.

To this day the only person that has seen it is my boyfriend and that was by picture.

Ladies I need some help please ...

XxX

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 18th February 2010, 5:08 pm

I BC'd on Valentine's day of 2010 after transitioning for 9 months. At first I hated it, it was short, dry and I couldn't style it. But, then I did my first wash and fell in love.

My grandfather was shocked and speechless. But he never seen me with short hair before so it was new to him. My mom was shocked as well, but overall they like it - its just going to take some getting use to.

So far I am loving my hair, the softness, the kinks and napps, and I love conditioning my hair. I just can't wait till it grows longer so I can start doing twistouts and what not.

Can't post pics .. my laptop is broke and I'm writing this from my phone Sad
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 18th February 2010, 6:09 pm

Hello ladies! I BC'ed on 2/7/10, and it was one of the best decisions i could've ever made for my hair! My last relaxer was May 2009, it wasn't until after the summer i decided i didnt want to get relaxers anymore; they were painful, time consuming, and ultimately made my hair thinner. My sister wears her hair natural and its soooo beautiful, so i thought to myself "why don't i do that?!"

So during the fall i considered myself transitioning, and i hated it! I would wash and rollerset my hair every weekend and wear my hair in a bun EVERYDAY! The more and more my hair grew, the more beautiful my curls became, and i was sooo anxious to see them! My relaxed hair was super str8 and thin, and i hated it. On 2/6/10 i decided to flat iron my hair instead of rollersetting. Well some how i put too much oil in my hair and my flat iron job came out extra oily, it was long and super str8 and all my family loved it but i hated it. At that moment i was sooooo fed up with dealing with two textures, and only being able to wear a pony tail, so i wanted to chop it off right then and there! But it was too late to book an appointment at the salon so i made one for the next day.

The night before my BC i was soooo excited!!! I woke up early, prepped my hair, and was out the door! When i told the hairdresser what i wanted to do she looked at me like i was crazy lol! As she was cutting thru my hair, i couldn't help but laugh! I couldnt believe i was doing this, i was shocked, scared, but so excited at the same time! When she finsihed i rushed home, and everyone was in shock. No one liked it. But after a quick wash and style everyone loved it! My dad kept telling my mom she needs to go natural like me! When i went back to school i got compliments from teachers and my classmates!

I honestly LOVE MY HAIR!!! I love the curls the fullness and just everything about it! It literally takes my minutes to do my hair in the morning! I thank God and the ladies on this site for opening up my eyes to see that my hair is beautiful in its natural state! I wish i would've did this years ago, but its better late than never Smile
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th February 2010, 6:11 pm

I have to say I love this idea too!!! It was getting so hard to track all the BC's going on because there was a fever going around! lol they were drinking the natural hair/CurlyNikki Kool Aid for reals
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 18th February 2010, 6:16 pm

Mrsafro wrote:Hi Ladies

I too decided to BC at the spare of the moment (13/02/10). I was tired of weave and braids and have never really been a big fan of them.

I thought I would love my short hai because i love the feel of my natural hair whenever it grows.

BUT WOW..... I cried for almost 3 days.

To this day the only person that has seen it is my boyfriend and that was by picture.

Ladies I need some help please ...

XxX

I am sorry that this has been so hard for trust me I completely understand it definitely takes some getting used to. But what is done is done and you did this to obtain better hair and a better you so I say just breathe and do some research on hairstyles and try them out. Your hair is not your beauty is just helps to enhance it.
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th February 2010, 9:46 pm

mrsfro, i understand as well and TRUST ME, when u lift your head high and take ur head out of the sand, you'll realize its not so bad afterall. #1 stare at yourself in the mirror and let that inner confidence come thru. people will stare becuz they are envious and WISH they could be half as bold as you! look at rihanna, everyone had somethin to say about her cut and her outfits shine even more wit her hair alone. solange got attn alone for her cut and we all turn it into a positive!

the cn community is filled with nothin but positive and informative ladies who've been in your shoes! now put on some mascara n lip gloss, a dash of eyeshadow n take some pics WITH a smile cuz you'll find it to be ur best accessory!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 19th February 2010, 1:04 pm

I can't remember the date. It's sort of irrelevant to me now but I love wash and go. I get people staring at my hair all the time cause I wear it out everyday (not much to do when it's this short).

I didn't care about how i looked. I didn't think too much of it, I just wanted to get rid of the relaxed hair and get on with the rest of my life. So said, so done.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 19th February 2010, 5:51 pm

I just want to congratulate everyone on their BC's this month! I actually plan to BC the beginning of next month which will be month 7 of my transition. Getting excited about it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th February 2010, 1:28 am

Congrats to all the BCers. You did it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next