CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner?

+4
Lynnieluve
LadyMika
Alanija
Cupcake415
8 posters

Go down

How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner? Empty How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner?

Post by Cupcake415 7th November 2010, 4:05 am

Hey Naturals/Curlies...

Since you all have been Natural... Surprised How long did it take you to find a Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, and Leave-in?

I have been Natural for quite a while, but since September of 2010, I started paying close attention to my hair needs....

I started my hair Journey and Journal At the end of September...

I started using "Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in" in September, it works, and hasn't failed me...
I started using "HE Hello Hydration Conditioner" in October, This works so I will continue using it...
TODAY: November of 2010, I decided to give "Aussie Moist" a try... It is a keeper for me...

It took me about 1 1/2 months to find 3 products that I plan to stick with ...
NOW, I just need to find a wash/co-wash/deep condition routine...

SO far I:
Co-wash: 3x a week
Apply Leave-in: Every other day (or when needed)
Wash/Deep Condition: 1x a week woot!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner? Empty Re: How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner?

Post by Alanija 7th November 2010, 9:16 am

Last month I settled on my main shampoo and conditioner. When I shampoo and condish I use Giovanni products, for co-washes I use Aussie Moist or Moisture Maniac. I bought three new shampoos to try the other day only because I had the conditioner for them. Still haven't found a dc, so when making a dc in the kitchen I use a Vo5 or Suave condish. My leave-in is GDLI.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner? Empty Re: How long did it take you to find a good Shampoo/Conditioner?

Post by LadyMika 8th November 2010, 9:09 pm

Honestly? The whole time I've been natural (two years in December). I tried A LOT of different products, but only VERY recently settled on products that worked for me. I cleanse my hair with raw black soap--I don't have to use a lot of this, and it takes care of the build up. I have three conditioners I can use (Organix Coconut Milk, Giovanni Smooth As Silk and ORS Replenishing). EcoStyler is my staple styler--all tgis, after nearly two years and repeated trial and error. Now that I know what works, my hair life is A LOT easier. Laughing
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 8th November 2010, 9:22 pm

LadyMika wrote:Honestly? The whole time I've been natural (two years in December). I tried A LOT of different products, but only VERY recently settled on products that worked for me. I cleanse my hair with raw black soap--I don't have to use a lot of this, and it takes care of the build up. I have three conditioners I can use (Organix Coconut Milk, Giovanni Smooth As Silk and ORS Replenishing). EcoStyler is my staple styler--all tgis, after nearly two years and repeated trial and error. Now that I know what works, my hair life is A LOT easier. Laughing

Right now I am using the BLACK Soap for my face...

Organix Coconut Milk: I've tried the shampoo... It makes my hair feel soft, BUT Aussie Moist has the slip that I like, as well as brings my curls out...

I am interested in trying that ECO-Styler though Laughing
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 9:35 pm

I was lucky. The same shampoo (Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo) I used as a permie, worked for my natural hair (even thought I have tried about 4-5 Embarassed Product Junkie). Then the first leave in I tried (Giovanni Direct Leave in) worked great!!! I used it until I came across the Kimmaytube leave in.

I have a deep condition that works ok. I am not actively looking for one yet.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by alainabee 14th November 2010, 1:24 am

haha girl, September is not a long time at all! I BC'd March 2010 and I just now found what I think will be my regimen. I'm super juiced because I tried so many things and spent SO much money. But my hair is such a weird mix of 3c/4a that it's hard to find things that detangle well AND moisturize. But yeah, it can definitely take awhile depending on the rate that you're trying and buying things.

My advice is to try many things! It's definitely fun to be a product junkie in the beginning stages. I felt that I deserved it since I totally didn't know my hair when I was relaxed. Find stores that have good return policies and use them! Good luck Smile
alainabee
alainabee

http://sheslikeadream.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 14th November 2010, 3:15 am

alainabee wrote:haha girl, September is not a long time at all! I BC'd March 2010 and I just now found what I think will be my regimen. I'm super juiced because I tried so many things and spent SO much money. But my hair is such a weird mix of 3c/4a that it's hard to find things that detangle well AND moisturize. But yeah, it can definitely take awhile depending on the rate that you're trying and buying things.

My advice is to try many things! It's definitely fun to be a product junkie in the beginning stages. I felt that I deserved it since I totally didn't know my hair when I was relaxed. Find stores that have good return policies and use them! Good luck Smile

LOL, yes... Being a product junkie is fun, spending the money isn't...

But I still need a butter, a jam, or some kind of seal for when I go out... I found good wash/condish/leave-in, just need the stuff to use for when I go out!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 15th November 2010, 1:24 am

It took me awhile but I use organix coconut milk shampoo. I havent tried the conditioner but I really like organic root stimulator replenshing conditioner.

In the case of butters...I love Jane Carter Nourish and Shine! It makes my curls pop and give me awesome shine. I also use a medium refined coconut oil. My hair cant get enough and it doesn't leave my hair oily. But that jane carter is the business and the smell is delish. Its pricey at 22 bucks from target for 4 oz but you really don't need alot once you have melted it in your hand. I like to use it for my edges as well but I will use the coconut oil and the butter together to make it stretch. The jane carter can leave some product on wet hair but I just have to give it some time to melt.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 16th November 2010, 12:29 pm

Took me a few months to find the right products for my hair. I started off with the regular CG trial and error - trying every damn thing there is to try and spending tons of money while doing it. Then I started cruising YOUTUBE and watching videos made by women with the same or close to same hair texture as myself - then trying the products they recommended. Also getting advice from women on this site and naturallycurly.com helped also helped me alot.

So far I'm cool with the stuff I've been using but as always ur still going to seek out for something different if you have that PJ blood in your veins.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 16th November 2010, 1:52 pm

I still haven't figured it out for the shampoo. Lol. I BC'd Oct 19th. What kind of shampoo would you suggest for 4B/C hair? I use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down