CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Hair Plans?

+13
courtrhapsody
popsbaby
yacoomba
Renny
Fleur
raina
misscece
Sebastain13
naturallynola
rayray19
Tnt38
thetiffany
CrissyQ
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saturday Hair Plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saturday Hair Plans?

Post by naturallynola 8th November 2010, 12:50 am

I did a hibiscus conditioning rinse Saturday, but got nervous because no other conditioning or rinses were to be done after it. After having one haystack day a couple of months ago that I am not likely to forget, I was hesitant not to just condition as usual. Conditioning seems to be a necessity for all the other ayurvedic treatments I have seen and heard about.

Why did I do this treatment - Find another strengthening treatment since I am protein sensitive and its difficult for me to get enough protein in my diet.

What did it purport to achieve- 1. Strengthen hair from the papila root to tip
2. Cover premature greys
3. Immediately seal the hair cuticles, stop hair breakage and repair split ends

Process - The night before I prepared a hibiscus infusion using water, let it cool and poured it over my hair after shampooing the next day by using an applicator bottle (big mistake = big mess. I think dunking in the sink of a bucket would have been better), then covered hair for 1.5 hours and rinsed with cold water.

My observations - Hair was soft, easy to comb, and I did not have to put a few dabs of KCKT as I usually do before setting my hair. I am not sure about the strengthening. I don't know if that is a cumulative effect, but I did not notice any remarkable strengthening as I did immediately with the Bentonite.

Lessons learned - Another method of applying the hibiscus. This was the biggest mess I have made thus far. Pink and purple liquid everywhere. The next time I use it (next week) I will add it to amla to make a paste as I intended to do originally, but I wanted to see the benefits of the hibiscus on its own.

I was trying to post a pick of the outcome, but as I read the instructions, I got to "paste" and am not sure how to do it since "control V" doesn't work her. Any help would be appreciated!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 8th November 2010, 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, I finally had some success with uploading this pic. This is after I took down the braids yesterday. ON Saturday, I did my first hibiscus treatment. Hair incredibly soft, good definition, and very slight color, but I think I might have to leave it in a lot longer for a deeper color. I will use the hibiscus this weekend with amla and when I finally henna (on a warmer day), I will use hibiscus to release the dye.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 8th November 2010, 6:52 pm

Wow!!!! You're hair is beautiful! That's a beautiful braidout. I can barely tell that your hair is in transition. The two textures blended well. My Seattle friend keeps telling me about hibiscus, but I haven't looked into it yet.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 8th November 2010, 7:32 pm

Fleur, Thank you. I was so nervous because it said not to condition afterwards. I keep having visions of hay stacks in my hair-- LOL. When it says it is a natural conditioner, they didn't lie. However, I would not confuse "condition" with moisturize. My hair was very soft, even as it dried, but that is not a replacement for H20. I am going to keep using the hibiscus. I am researching the different options for using it. I even decided to drink the tea each day (healthy from within) because of the high Vit C content.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th November 2010, 8:02 pm

I agree you hair is beautiful. i use amla too, but what will the hibiscus do

Here are my coils I did saturday
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 8th November 2010, 8:27 pm

naturalnola your hair is beautiful! Love the color too. Is that from henna or hibiscus?
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th November 2010, 9:39 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, I finally had some success with uploading this pic. This is after I took down the braids yesterday. ON Saturday, I did my first hibiscus treatment. Hair incredibly soft, good definition, and very slight color, but I think I might have to leave it in a lot longer for a deeper color. I will use the hibiscus this weekend with amla and when I finally henna (on a warmer day), I will use hibiscus to release the dye.

Your hair does look really good. I bought some hibiscus a while back and I think I may have added it to my henna...can't remember though. Anyway, good job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 8th November 2010, 10:30 pm

Thanks ladies,

Crissy, in addition to the "what it purports" above, it also is a natural conditioner, it is very high in Vit C, so it has antioxidant qualities, which is good b/c our hair is exposed to all things bad in the air, products, etc. Its suppose to enhance growth (seems all the ayurvedic herbs purport to enhance growth) and thicken hair. These are the benefits I know about hair, but drinking the tea provides other health benefits. I will use it with my amla next week. Tell me, have you used amla long and what are your reasons for using it? Have you seen successes, if so, what? BTW - your picture is so pretty. You are rocking those coils for sure! I wish I knew how to do that, but it would take forever even if I knew how.

Niqui - I have not tried henna yet. I said I would try this month, but I have so many other things to try that don't take as long to do. I really don't know when I will get around to doing it. BTW if I can achieve the same benefits of henna using other things that are less time consuming, count me in!! That is really what I am trying to achieve. A bit more research and I think I will know.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th November 2010, 12:12 pm

I bought the amla oil and I was using it as a pre poo The one I have contains mineral oil in it so I stopped because my hair seemed heavy. I was mostly using it for hair growth, but I don't think I used it enough to get that benefit. Do u use the oil or powder?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th November 2010, 12:50 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Happy Saturday I did my normal sleeping with the oil in last night. This morning I went an extra step and did a hot olive oil treatment (hair needs extra this week as I was in a different climate x 1 week and went an extra week without washing and kimmaytube and I see the difference this week!). I am about to shampoo with my regular Dr.Bronner's and then do a hibiscus treatment for about 1 hour. Already made my Kimmaytube leave-in this a.m. and currently soaking flaxseed for my first go around making the gel. I will braid/plait as usual and hopefully, this time tomorrow my hair will be dry.

Question ladies - Do you guys still use coconut oil in the cold/winter months?

My hair likes coconut oil in the warmer months. But in colder weather, my hair gets hard and doesn't absorb it as well. Also, you hair turned out really nice.

Last edited by curlsntwirls on 9th November 2010, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 9:17 pm

Thank you curlsntwirls.
Also, I appreciate you weighing in on the coconut oil. I am still trying to decide if I want to chance it in these cooler/colder months.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2