CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Hair Plans?

+13
courtrhapsody
popsbaby
yacoomba
Renny
Fleur
raina
misscece
Sebastain13
naturallynola
rayray19
Tnt38
thetiffany
CrissyQ
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday Hair Plans? Empty Saturday Hair Plans?

Post by CrissyQ 6th November 2010, 11:24 am

Happy saturday curlies, what are you hair plans for today? Its cold here in chicago so I wll be inside all day. Mine will go as follow

1. Cassia treatment
2. Wash
3. Twist for the weekend.

I am off on monday so my twist can stay and extra day. I will post a pic of my twist.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Saturday Hair Plans? Empty Re: Saturday Hair Plans?

Post by thetiffany 6th November 2010, 11:37 am

happy saturday! my hair is already twisted from last week. later today i plan on trying an updo style msvaughn on youtube did. its her most recent tutorial but she did it on loose hair. i did a trial the other night and think it will come out nice.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 6th November 2010, 11:46 am

Happy Saturday!!! I already washed and conditioned my hair. I applied Kimmaytube leave in (which Im seriously loving) and banded my hair to stretch for some twists!!
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th November 2010, 12:04 pm

my plans are to do my weekly wash with shampoo, then DC for about 3 hrs (whenever feel like washing it out) and twist it
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 12:44 pm

Happy Saturday I did my normal sleeping with the oil in last night. This morning I went an extra step and did a hot olive oil treatment (hair needs extra this week as I was in a different climate x 1 week and went an extra week without washing and kimmaytube and I see the difference this week!). I am about to shampoo with my regular Dr.Bronner's and then do a hibiscus treatment for about 1 hour. Already made my Kimmaytube leave-in this a.m. and currently soaking flaxseed for my first go around making the gel. I will braid/plait as usual and hopefully, this time tomorrow my hair will be dry.

Question ladies - Do you guys still use coconut oil in the cold/winter months?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 6th November 2010, 12:51 pm

I do my routine on Friday so I twisted it and will take them down today bc used a new product on it UFD Extra Butter so I want to c wat they look like
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th November 2010, 1:00 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Happy Saturday I did my normal sleeping with the oil in last night. This morning I went an extra step and did a hot olive oil treatment (hair needs extra this week as I was in a different climate x 1 week and went an extra week without washing and kimmaytube and I see the difference this week!). I am about to shampoo with my regular Dr.Bronner's and then do a hibiscus treatment for about 1 hour. Already made my Kimmaytube leave-in this a.m. and currently soaking flaxseed for my first go around making the gel. I will braid/plait as usual and hopefully, this time tomorrow my hair will be dry.

i still use coconut oil..my hair loves it soaks it up like water..but i know some people sat in the winter coconut oil gives them white balls..because it turn soild in their hair in the cold but ive never experienced that..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 6th November 2010, 1:13 pm

Yay for Saturday! I plan to wash, henna and condition my hair. Then twist and bun for next week. I never do both, always one or the other and because my hair is fine and thin it's usually the bun, but I'm feeling adventurous this weekend.
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 6th November 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi ladies I am off to a late start so just a detangle and cowash and air dry in a loose ponytail or bun.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 2:14 pm

Saturday! Yaaaaaaay! As I type this, I'm sitting in a chair getting kinky twists for the first time. I plan on wearing them the entire month of November. I decided to get them after walking outside in 30-40 degree with a wash-n-go and almost froze to death. If I like them, I'll keep them.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th November 2010, 2:25 pm

LOL@Fleur. Girl, WNG in 30 - 40 degree weather.

Last edited by Renny on 6th November 2010, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th November 2010, 3:33 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Happy Saturday I did my normal sleeping with the oil in last night. This morning I went an extra step and did a hot olive oil treatment (hair needs extra this week as I was in a different climate x 1 week and went an extra week without washing and kimmaytube and I see the difference this week!). I am about to shampoo with my regular Dr.Bronner's and then do a hibiscus treatment for about 1 hour. Already made my Kimmaytube leave-in this a.m. and currently soaking flaxseed for my first go around making the gel. I will braid/plait as usual and hopefully, this time tomorrow my hair will be dry.

Thanks ladies for chimming in. I am still twisting, maybe I will be done sometime today tongue its saturday right no hurry. Yes I still use coconut oil, I have fallen in love with this stuff.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 3:43 pm

Renny, wth was I thinking? It felt like I was wearing ice-cream on top of my head. My nose was running, then I started sneezing, and of course I got headaches from the cold. I bought a heat cap, which is much better than a dryer, but I am too busy in the mornings to use it. Regardless, I won't be a fool and walk outside with wet hair again. Lesson learned.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th November 2010, 3:57 pm

LOL@ you Fleur. I did it back in September. We had a really cold day, in the low forties and I washed my hair, that's why I know whatcha talking about. I was in my car on the way to work thinking "WTH is wrong with me?" This hair thing has gotten out of control. I'm still washing and going, but I wash the night before and dampen my hair with water the next day. I also make sure I can stay in the next morning (I telework twice a week). That's why I'm looking for a glycerin free product that will give me at least 3 day hair, because I like my curls.

As for my Saturday hair, I have my hair in twists right now. I cowashed Thursday night and put my Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I twisted my hair in about ten sloppy twists and sealed the ends with DB Cherry Kernal Butter. Well yesterday I took the twist out to get ready to try the Curls Whipped Cream and I liked the way my hair looked so I rocked a twist out. It was a little dry though, so I decided to redo it. I twisted last night with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and aloe vera gel (a mix I got from Kimmaytube). The hair looks ridiculous in these twist, but it feels very silky. I like that it's not oily. I don't think oily products are going to work for my twists. I'll put on a hat when I go out with my son and then wear a twist out for church tomorrow and however many days it last for me.

I'm definitely going to have to protective style in Kinky Twist and soon.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 5:41 pm

Ladies in the north/colder climates thanks for chiming in about the coconut oil.

Fleur, plz take pics and post your kinky twists.

Sebastain - I hope your new product treats u right!

I can see I am definitely going to have to change some things for this cooler/colder weather. It was no joke being in the shower for so long doing hair. I wonder about these ladies doing ayurvedic and clay treatments and having to rinse for darn near days. Miss Cece, what say you since I know it must be cold in Jersey?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 6th November 2010, 5:56 pm

I guess I will pre-poo later on making sure we're in for the night and shampoo w/ my Creme of Nature adding YTCuc on my hair before rinsing shampoo. Then do my weekly deep treatment with YTCuc and oils(loving castor oil in my mixture). May use coconut oil in mixture since I think I may do Kimmaytube's leave in w/ Giovanni Direct Leave In. After detangled and leave in applied will set mt hair in two ponytails to dry for now until I come up with a style for the week.
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 6th November 2010, 6:44 pm

I'm currently DCing with one of those metalic silver cap thingys. I'ma throw on a turban and some hoops and go on a Chinese food run. After dinner I'll steam my hair, rinse, do the leave in thing and cornrow my hair.
I am definately feeling like wigs are my winter staple. The Mommy wig is being very good to me.
Have a great weekend ladies.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 6th November 2010, 8:34 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Ladies in the north/colder climates thanks for chiming in about the coconut oil.

Fleur, plz take pics and post your kinky twists.

Sebastain - I hope your new product treats u right!

I can see I am definitely going to have to change some things for this cooler/colder weather. It was no joke being in the shower for so long doing hair. I wonder about these ladies doing ayurvedic and clay treatments and having to rinse for darn near days. Miss Cece, what say you since I know it must be cold in Jersey?

I can definitely say that I henna more in the summer than the winter because I can air dry and still leave the house. Now that it's getting cold I pretty much sacrifice my weekend and stay in. I really won't be leaving the house this weekend anyway since I have too much homework to do. But by Monday my hair will feel lovely and homework will be done! Laughing
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 6th November 2010, 9:51 pm

I went to zumba this morning and sweated it out my second day WNG puff, so I co-washed, air dryed for a while and chunky twisted with carol's daughter hair butter and castor oil on the ends. I will fluff it out it the morning for church.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 10:43 pm

Renny, I will try that technique. Freezer hair was unbearable. No Very Happy

Nola, here are pics of my kinky twists. This is my first time trying a style like this and I was impressed. I called up a girlfriend and sat down in her living room while she fixed my hair for about 3 hours. If I do it again, I will try human hair. This synthetic stuff is nice-looking, but iffy to touch. Overall, I can take a break from my long hair routine for a few days. I'm just conditioning via spray bottle and continuing my healthy diet/exercise routine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 11:38 pm

You go fly girl! I don't really know anything about those. How do you take care of them? Do you have to go to her to have them removed and how do you care for your hair?

Love the butterfly!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 11:51 pm

Thanks! I just bought the butterfly 2 weeks ago from Claire's.

These twists are not like human hair braids where I can just wet them and go. I am only spraying/conditioning my scalp with my spray bottle concoction in order to keep my hair moisturized. Since this is synthetic hair, oversaturating the hair with water may cause them to tangle. Next time, I'm going for human hair.

I always have removed my own braids. When my hair was long, I just cut off the bottoms of the braids, spray in a braid remover, untwist them just a little, and for some unknown reason--just slide them out. Since my hair is short, taking these out will be easy breezy.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 7th November 2010, 9:36 am

@ fleur_nouvelle, your kinky twists look great!
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th November 2010, 10:21 am

Your hair looks great, I want to get braids but my head is so sensitive to tight things.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th November 2010, 12:48 pm

Thanks ladies. CrissyQ, these twists are really loose. I am really tender-headed at the crown of my head so thank goodness my friend starts the braid a little bit away from the scalp. I'm expecting some will fall out real soon, lol.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next