CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to care for 4c hair

2 posters

Go down

How to care for 4c hair Empty How to care for 4c hair

Post by richroots2010 5th November 2010, 2:36 pm

Hi Curly World. This is my very first post but I have been reading and following the site for a while now. When I first made the decision to transition it was because I was sick of the salon scene and I am so jealous over my 2 year olds hair - I'll get to her in a minute. I had not clue what to expect so I jumped on the internet and WOW! I am currently about 4.5 months into transition. I am sporting micros right now and hope to BC after Christmas or in Jan 2011. I am trying to hold out. Anyway, I have been trying different products and styles on her 4b/c hair. She has lots of volume when worn out and it's past her shoulders when straight. I love her hair in twists and she gets lots of compliments. The problem is by day 2 or 3 they look dry and start to get fuzzy. I've done twists outs and get the same results. If I untwist the individual strands completely it becomes a fuzz ball with curls on the ends only. What am I doing wrong?

richroots2010

Back to top Go down

How to care for 4c hair Empty Re: How to care for 4c hair

Post by Lynnieluve 5th November 2010, 3:04 pm

Congratulations on your decision to come over to the curly/natural side and Welcome to the forum!! I'm glad you join us and stop lurking Laughing

Now, what products are you using on her hair? Give me the run down of her wash day.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by richroots2010 5th November 2010, 3:15 pm

I use Hello Hydration to wash and condition. For twists I've used Garnier Curl Cream Gel and olive oil - good results but nothing to brag about. I also used the Eco Styler which made her hair crunchy and then it turned white - a mess! The Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie was good for hold but it didn't have any shine. The last wash I used the Garnier Cream Gel and used Carol's Daughter Hair Elixir and Hair Balm after wards. It was okay. I always air dry.

richroots2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th November 2010, 10:57 pm

I would suggest using a leave in conditioner, then apply an oil (coconut or extra virgin olive oil), then a styler of your choice.

Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist gel works GREAT for shine and eliminating frizz for twist without the white stuff. A little goes a looonnnggg way.

Deep conditioning her hair will help with moisture too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down