CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranoid about Main stream lines

2 posters

Go down

Paranoid about Main stream lines Empty Paranoid about Main stream lines

Post by aBailey 3rd November 2010, 6:40 pm

God bless Google. It wasn't very helpful in the olden days of my natural hair "journey"... I used my myspace to join a few natural hair groups and troll the groups few pictures. But 2 years ago i discovered a few natural hair blogs by way of searching for Dominican hair care products ( which from my own experience , were the only products aimed at my type of hair)

So as I read the daily blogs I've noticed that the ad banners are much more specific than they once were. Amla, avyuerdic , henna, noo-poo, define, shea, coconut, henna...the list goes on. Products that a few years ago were so badly needed by the "natural" hair community now seem to over run the internet, blog reviews ,shelves and online carts. I'm now officially paranoid that I need to stock pile my henna,amla,coconut oil, favorite conditioners..and a few ingredients to make the good stuff at home. What if my own...our own love and need to know has allowed research and development to target our needs! And eventually drive up the prices of the basics!

am I alone? Does anyone else get a little panicked when another cosmetic company jumps on the band wagon, when another not so close facebook friend post pics of their transition, when someone BIG CHOPS and wants applause...I become a lil more afraid that my staple product will become apart of a trend and then fly off the shelves...Sad I know : pale
aBailey
aBailey

Back to top Go down

Paranoid about Main stream lines Empty Re: Paranoid about Main stream lines

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd November 2010, 7:02 pm

My thought is the more people going natural means more products. For the people who decide to go natural as a "trend" wont be around long. Remember, trends dont last forever.

I also have a few homemade mixtures that work just as well as the store bought/online products.

Dont worry. Your staples will be there. Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down