CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Many Product Lines to choose from

+2
Niqui36
WilliT0206
6 posters

Go down

So Many Product Lines to choose from Empty So Many Product Lines to choose from

Post by WilliT0206 22nd May 2010, 5:53 am

Hello All,

Okay ladies I am in desperate need of some product advice. With all the different brands and product lines out there I am having difficulty deciding which ones to try. From Deva Curl, Miss Jessies, Unkle Funky's Daughter, Carol's Daughter, Curls, Jane Carter, Kinky Curly, and so on and so on. I am torn on which products to try. Naturally my curiosity wants to try them all but I don't think my pocketbook would like that. So my fellow curlies any advice or prior knowledge on these products and also any others. Also does any of these offer trial sizes or samples, that would also be great. I am a current transitioner last relaxer was October 09 and I plan to do my big chop in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure of my hair type (probably the 4a,b,c). Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

So Many Product Lines to choose from Empty Re: So Many Product Lines to choose from

Post by Niqui36 22nd May 2010, 9:21 am

I like Afroveda, Bee Mine Products, Qhemet Biologics, Aussie Moist, Suave Coconut conditioner, V05 conditioner, Yes To Cucumbers conditioner, TIGI Moisture Maniac Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, and that's about all I can think of right now with a 6 year old whining for breakfast.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! Let me go feed her.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

So Many Product Lines to choose from Empty Re: So Many Product Lines to choose from

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd May 2010, 9:30 am

My first question to you would be, what style do you plan to wear after your BC? wash n go, twist/twist out, braid/braid out, coils?

Here are the basics, shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, deep conditioner, oils, and moisturizers.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 22nd May 2010, 2:17 pm

If your concern is spending wisely if at all possible there are product suggestions that you can purchase locally that may work for you just as well as online ordering. In the beginning I started trying things online, but most times if it doesn't work you are stuck, or have to ship back and wait for refunds....Although there are some online products that I have heard raves about ...Out of anything I have ever ordered, I have always been able to find a more economical product that were also local...My suggestion would be to start with Target,Sally's, Walgreens,CVS, and Health Food stores, both carry many products that I have heard many of the ladies use on CN and have found success with, and you should be a to return without any hassles. Once I finish the internet products, I have found local replacements.....

Cond: Aubrey White Camellia($11), Giovanni Direct Leave-In($7), Organix($6) (Coconut milk),Skala Avocado Cond($1), Mane and Tail Deep Moisture Cond($4),Cantu Shea Butter($5)

Shampoo:Aubrey White Camellia ($10)

Stylers: Eco($4), KoilsbyNature(Internet $12), TreasuredLocks Lock It Up Gel(Internet $Cool, Organics Smooth and Hold Pudding($6), Pantene Curls Styling Milk($3)

Oils:Almond, Castor, EVOO, Jojoba, EVCO, along with various EO's

Good Luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 22nd May 2010, 11:35 pm

I JUST DID THE BIG CHOP MAYBE FIVE DAYS AGO AND I HAVE TOLD MYSELF TO USE LESS PRODUCTS AND STICK TO ONE BRAND THE BRAND OF CHOICE IS SHEA MOSITURE THE REASON WHY I CHOOSE THIS PRODUCT IS BECAUSE I NOTICE ALL THE NATURAL STUFF INSIDE OF EACH BOTTLE AND I WANT MY HAIR TO STAY MOSITURIZE AND IT HAS BEEN WORKING RIGHT NOW IM USING THERE CONDITIONER AND HAIR SOOMTHIE AND IT WORKS WONDERS IN THE MORNINGS I SPRAY WITH WATER AND ADD (EVOO LOVE THIS STUFF) I SOMETIMES USE ECO STYING GEL WITH EVOO AND IT WORKS AS WELL. IM NOT GOING TO LIE ITS HARD NOT TO BE A PRODUCT JUNKIE I STLL FIND MYSELF LOOKING AT NEW PRODUCT EVERYTIME I ENTER A STORE WITH THE HOPE FOR BETTER RESULTS
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 6th June 2010, 7:49 pm

Hey girl,
If you go by Uncle Funky's, they have another adjacent store called Funky Couture Boutique and they sell Miss Jessie's, Qhemet Biologics, Mixed Chicks and some other brands including their own. I have heard that they also have samples, but I'm pretty sure you would probably have to purchase something.

I have tried a few brands and I can tell you that KCCC is not worth the trial & error process for that price. It cost $30 and I tried it twice and it didn't work for me. Miss Jessie's is too expensive in my opinion ...so if you did end up liking it, would u really want to continue to purchase it? I bought the 8oz of curly pudding and buttercreme, but ended up giving them away. They probably have the 2oz. sample sizes($9) for sale @ Uncle Funky's but I'm not sure cause I've never actually been to the boutique, but I know they sell the products.

I would say if you're going to buy from one of these major natural hair product lines...go with Qhemet Biologics....I have only tried their AOHC, BRBC,and OHHB.....if I had to choose 1 that is the best it would be the BRBC!

Also Oyin Handmade's Shine & Define is great on damp/wet hair. Not sure if this is sold at Uncle Funky's.

Lastly Smile, since you're in Houston, I would suggest you try out The Original Fragrance Shop's products! I would recommend the Hair& Scalp Moisturizer and in second place the Hair Butter. They're both $15 for 8oz. I've also tried her whipped shea butter, but the fragrance is too strong and I tried the Leave it in & Let it be , but it did nothing for my hair.

I hope that helps.
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 10th June 2010, 9:48 pm

I CURRENTLY ADDED HELLO HYDRATION CONDITIONER TO MY LIST AND STARED USING HENNA EVERY OTHER WEEK
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down