CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient

+5
natmommy415
Jazzyrin
rayray19
Renny
MsKayDee
9 posters

Go down

Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient Empty Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient

Post by MsKayDee 2nd November 2010, 12:19 am

My hair is revolting against products with shea butter as it's main ingredient. Maybe it always has and I didn't know since I am a recent big chooper, but as I began to experiment with products I noticed my hair absorbs aloe and water based products much better . With that said, does anyone know of a great deep conditioner that not shea butter based (it can be in the ingredients but not in the top 4-5)?

Last edited by LadyDivah on 2nd November 2010, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient Empty Re: Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient

Post by Renny 2nd November 2010, 12:20 am

Scroll down and read my Darcy Botanicals review.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient Empty Re: Need A GREAT Deep Conditioner Without Shea Butter as Main Ingredient

Post by rayray19 2nd November 2010, 12:37 am

wow shea butter is revolting against a lot of natural now lol but yea my hair hates shea butter as well.. i use aubrey organics honeysuckle rose..shea butter is number 5 on its ingredients list BUT my hair loves it..I've been using it religiously since my BC and always get nice soft, moisturized, and defined hair

its one of the only products with shea butter i can use

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 2nd November 2010, 4:01 am

@ REnny-thanks!

@rayray_thanks! Yea--shea moisture products seemed to be fine on my hair when I first cut it but I guess my hair is changing -who knows!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 3rd November 2010, 5:35 pm

my honey child olive you deep conditioner
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by natmommy415 4th November 2010, 1:11 pm

Also, if you want to try a cheaper, drugstore deep conditioner, try Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I use this as a deep condish and my hair LOVES it. It has aloe in it and my hair seems to love anything with that ingredient and cannot deal with shea as well!

Good luck!

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 4th November 2010, 4:45 pm

I've learned that if you add olive oil and honey to a conditioner (regular or a DC) and use that mixture to DC, it works very well!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th November 2010, 5:16 pm

Aubrey Organics White Camelia
Aubrey Organics GPB

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 4th November 2010, 7:52 pm

try Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner. I bought a huge bottle for 12.99 at Marshalls but also Whole foods and the Vitamin Shoppe sell a smaller sized bottle for 7.99 anywho the conditioner is not thick but creamy and it works so well on my 3c/4a/4b hair the first ingredient is water, aloe vera extract is also included in it. i noticed this product works well by itself but it also works well with essential oils of your choice. try both!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 4th November 2010, 8:03 pm

Thanks Everyone Smile
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by caracara01 4th November 2010, 10:01 pm

I like GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally's.
caracara01
caracara01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down