CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner.

+21
brandiitneka
jlowman1
quincie1479
Erica5417
KurlyK
CreoleLady88
Stacye
Shauny
DvaAuNaturel
TMS
LaToya28
curlylexi22
Melng
naturallytexan
CessCurls
elleeccentric
StephanieB
Heart2Heart
Chinita07
Ms. Mycole
feelinme
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner. Empty Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner.

Post by feelinme 7th March 2010, 1:31 am

So I have been a natural for about 3 months [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have been have pretty much used HEHH, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration for those that dont know, and it has been okay. But after a few months I beleive my hair has adjusted to it. It is soft for a day but by day two it is less than stellar.

My sister recently took out some braids and her hair was super tangled. After about 2.5 hours I told my mom I would go get some conditioner that had good slip so she could get thru my sisters hair. By this point we tried two conditioners and a detangling spray. It was a dud [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I was tired of watching my sis and went to the store to get her some conditioner with good slip and would also work as a good moisturizer. As I was scanning the aisle for the HEHH, I noticed a green bottle in the Suave section. I usually dont use Suave bc I find it is too thin for my thick hair.

Well once I got up close it was call Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner. It was $1.47 and smelled great. Once we got it home it was even better. It was thicker than the Organic Coconut Suave Conditioner and the smell kinda reminds you of HEHH mixed with Jergens Cherry Almond lotion. Best of all Suave is claiming it uses all orgainc oils like Sweet almond oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba seed oil, Aloe Leaf Juice, Lemongrass oil, Rosemary oil and Lavender oil. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those are the bulk of the ingredients but it does have a couple of thickening agents that are okay for your hair bc they add sheen to the hair and help with slip. Basically I think it is pretty good if you are on a budget, needs good slip and nicer oils. If you use Aussie, Herbal Essence or any of the other Suave Conditioners I think you should give this a try.

BTW when me sister used it on her hair it helped immeadiately. It was great.

I just had to share
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner. Empty Re: Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner.

Post by Ms. Mycole 7th March 2010, 7:11 pm

I just purchased this conditioner from target and since I've been transitioning, i've had many tangles so now I can't wait to try this on my hair.
Ms. Mycole
Ms. Mycole

Back to top Go down

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner. Empty Re: Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner.

Post by Chinita07 9th March 2010, 12:53 am

ooh I need to try this! Did you use it solely as a detangler and wash it all out when finished combing, or did ya'll leave any in her hair? Thanks so much!
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Heart 12th March 2010, 9:01 pm

I purchased this condish the other week..and I LOVE it!!! It's a great detangler..I also mix it with the Desert Essence Ginger condish as a leave-in and received great results :-)
Heart2Heart
Heart2Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 12th March 2010, 11:52 pm

I bought some of this today. I hope I like it since it's cheap. lol

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 13th March 2010, 1:12 pm

I bought this earlier this week and have used it twice already lol! I LOVE Suave conditioners for detangling and I must say I didnt have a lot of shedded or broken hair when i used this to detangle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I'd definitely recommend this to try. The price doesnt hurt the pockets either =D
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by CessCurls 13th March 2010, 4:41 pm

Oh yes this conditioner is WONDERFUL. I use it as a leave in,or I make a beautiful braid spritz moisturizer with it. My ends are softer and more moisturized than they have ever been. I completely gave up the BSS braid sprays ( too much build- up and after awhile hair was left feeling dry and brittle) and my hair loves me for it;0)

CessCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 14th March 2010, 1:59 am

I saw this product in Kroger yesterday when I went to purchase Suave Clarifying Shampoo. I saw Almond Oil and Shea Butter on the bottle and I knew I had to give this a try. I used the conditioner today and I absolutely love it, OMG my hair is so moisturized!! I will be stocking up on this one for sure.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Melng 14th March 2010, 12:04 pm

i just purchased this last night, and after reading all the post i cant wait to try it!!!!
Melng
Melng

Back to top Go down

Post by curlylexi22 16th March 2010, 6:39 pm

That's the conditioner I'm currently using for my co-wash and I love it. It makes my hair feel and smell great.
curlylexi22
curlylexi22

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th March 2010, 6:50 pm

I've heard so many good things about this condish...might have to pick it up!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 16th March 2010, 8:15 pm

@everyone - does this product have any sls ingredients?
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th March 2010, 7:36 pm

Sounds like something I might consider trying myself. Here are the ingrediens.

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acd, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 19th March 2010, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 20th March 2010, 4:32 pm

I've seen this in the aisle a couple of time but passed it up for the Suave Natural Coconut condish but I will be purchasing a bottle when I go back to the store. Suave condish is a great detangler
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th March 2010, 8:38 pm

I was going to get this today, but Wal-Mart was all out! They had the shampoo, but no conditioner...guess the word is gettin' out.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 20th March 2010, 11:20 pm

lol @ Latoya. I was at wal mart today too looking for the conditioner. They had big family sized shampoo for this brand but no conditioner. I was looking behind other products for it and everything; figured they were hiding them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have to stop with the PJ practices.
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 22nd March 2010, 10:45 pm

i love this stuff for co-washes! It works great, and leaves my hair soft and smelling lovely Smile
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 23rd March 2010, 11:54 pm

I bought some today cant wait to use it!!!
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 12:16 am

awww man, I was so ready to go buy this but my hair hates Cyclopentasiloxane!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th March 2010, 12:41 am

@DvaAuNaturel - thanks for posting the ingredients.
@Erica - What does it do to your hair? And, how can you be so specific?! I cannot wait until I'm able to decipher which products/ingredients don't work for me. Heck, I still don't know my porosity?! LOL
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 12:48 am

It coats my hair and causes it to dry out really bad. Also makes it look dry and hard. I narrow it down by paying attention to the ingredients in products my hair doesn't like. Just find out the common ingredient and that's typically the culprit. Now I avoid almost all silicones but I can use amethidicone doesn't cause problems as long as I cowash daily if I'm using it.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th March 2010, 12:51 am

Erica5417 wrote:It coats my hair and causes it to dry out really bad. Also makes it look dry and hard. I narrow it down by paying attention to the ingredients in products my hair doesn't like. Just find out the common ingredient and that's typically the culprit. Now I avoid almost all silicones but I can use amethidicone doesn't cause problems as long as I cowash daily if I'm using it.

Thanks this is very helpful. I will be paying close attention from now on. It really is a trial and error process, huh!?! Whew!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 24th March 2010, 1:22 am

Chinita07 wrote:ooh I need to try this! Did you use it solely as a detangler and wash it all out when finished combing, or did ya'll leave any in her hair? Thanks so much!

I have that same "onesee" lol! I wore it on Christmas.
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th March 2010, 4:29 pm

Everywhere I've gone to get this is sold out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 25th March 2010, 12:40 am

I bought some last week but havnt used it yet.Hell half the products under my sink have not been used! Have yall seen the other new one? I think its Rosemary Mint or something like that. I was gonna buy it yesterday when I went to Wally World, but I got some Cantu instead. I will prob. go get it, I am such a PJ!!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next