CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat damage on transition hair

2 posters

Go down

Heat damage on transition hair Empty Heat damage on transition hair

Post by naadei 1st November 2010, 2:40 pm

okay i have been transitioning for about 7 months and i didn't really do my research about natural hair. so every time my hair got nappy i would go and get a Dominican blow dry every 2 weeks and i would flat iron my bangs everyday.im starting to realize that this can cause heat damage and im afraid i might have it. the thing is i can't tell, for 7 months of transitioning it doesn't look that long and im scared thats a sign of heat damage also when i wash my hair it doesn't even seem like i've been transitioning it just looks regular so my question is how do you know if your transition hair is heat damaged?

naadei

Back to top Go down

Heat damage on transition hair Empty Re: Heat damage on transition hair

Post by Free2BMe :) 1st November 2010, 3:10 pm

I flat ironed all throughout my transition and I believe I had some heat damage on the end of my natural hair. Where your natural hair and permed hair meet may look heat damaged if you compare it to your natural hair.
Do thorough deep conditioning and protein treatments. If those don't work you may need to be more careful in flat ironing your hair or just stop it all together. Spending all your time growing out your hair and realizing you have heat damage would be the worst.

Also, I flat ironed my bangs EVERY school morning and now my bang area is slightly thinner than the rest of my hair but it's quickly growing out.
Free2BMe :)
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naadei 1st November 2010, 6:25 pm

thank you so much you've helped me alot

naadei

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 2nd November 2010, 6:31 pm

You're welcome Smile Glad to help