CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat Damage or Permed Ends

3 posters

Go down

Heat Damage or Permed Ends Empty Heat Damage or Permed Ends

Post by Miz B 4th December 2009, 8:07 pm

I noticed on the left side of my head there's two long straight ends! My last perm was 5/2008- I'm not going to BC so I've been doing the small trims since 2008. The last visit to my stylist she said the majority of my perm was gone! Since transioning I've worn weaves, braids and flat ironed but since 9/09 I've stopped heat. Right now I do twist outs-twist n curl. I notice it when I do my co washes of course. I tempted to snip it myself but I'm not sure if its a permed end or heat damage, I know which ever one it most go!! HELP CURLIES! Sincerely long transitioner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Heat Damage or Permed Ends Empty is my hair heat damage??

Post by marquila2007 7th January 2010, 10:51 pm

Well I been natural for about 18 months and I use to deep condition with a deep conditioner and a shower cap about every week or two under the hood dryer under med to high heat for about 15 to 20 mins. Do you think after all that time I would have heat damage? I never flat ironed my hair and my hair seems alittle straight in the front but course on the ends(or kinky). I dont have split ends or anything but I was just alittle afraid I have heat damage. Also is there some kind of test I can do on my hair to see if I do have heat damage in that area of my hair? Thank you so much in advance for your response. Have a blessed day!!!

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Heat Damage or Permed Ends Empty Re: Heat Damage or Permed Ends

Post by jada07 12th January 2010, 6:58 pm

@ Miz B - I think it really depends on how long your hair is and how much you cut each time you were getting a trim to determine if it is perm or damage. My last relaxer was 9/07 but I flat ironed my hair for almost 2 years before deciding to just rock my natural hair and cut off a lot in 9/09. Because I was getting trims regularly to help speed the process, I am pretty sure that all of the straight hair I still have is damage and not perm. Unfortunately, you will just have to cut it off.

@Marquila2007 - if you have not been using direct heat then it probably isn't heat damage. Sitting under the dryer shouldn't permanently straighten your hair. Do you have color or anything? That could also straighten your hair a little.
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 12th January 2010, 7:53 pm

I havent been using direct heat(flat ironing,blow drying etc.)Im just tripping lol. Besides Im just starting to think my natural hair is just a little straight cause my daughter is natural too and her hair looks like mine too a little straight. thanks for the reply take care.

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down