CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimmaytube leave-in

+9
NylaCoils
CiaE
kbelle
NaptownCurls
Naturalin2010
Niqui36
Lynnieluve
MsJay1121
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
13 posters

Go down

Kimmaytube leave-in Empty Kimmaytube leave-in

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 27th October 2010, 3:24 pm

Hi ladies! So I decided that I was finally gonna try the kimmaytube leave-in mix since there have been such rave reviews about it. So I followed the recipe exactly and then I co-washed w/ Tresseme Naturals (used that for the first time 2 an really like it) and then applied the leave-in to wet hair and sealed with olive oil. So here's my question...when should I feel the results? B/c right now with my hair wet it doesn't feel slippery or anything , it kinda feels like theres nothing on my hair. Did you notice a difference when wet or are the results not apparent til it dries?

Back to top Go down

Kimmaytube leave-in Empty Re: Kimmaytube leave-in

Post by MsJay1121 27th October 2010, 3:40 pm

When wet, I noticed that it defines my curls REALLY well (thanks to the AVJ/AVG). When dry, it leaves my hair still defined, with little frizz, and it's soft...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th October 2010, 6:24 pm

She suggests you apply the leave in conditioner to clarified/shampooed hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 27th October 2010, 7:52 pm

When I use the leave in I feel immediate effects. It smooths my ends very well. I don't have puffy ends anymore since using the recipe. Sometimes I switch the KCKT with Oyin Handmade honey hemp conditioner.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 27th October 2010, 8:21 pm

well my hair has dried some now and i have to say...this stuff DOES feel amazing! I don't think my hair has EVER felt this soft and moisturized! and my curls are poppin'! I'm sold! I've found my HG leave in! dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 27th October 2010, 9:46 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:well my hair has dried some now and i have to say...this stuff DOES feel amazing! I don't think my hair has EVER felt this soft and moisturized! and my curls are poppin'! I'm sold! I've found my HG leave in! dance

Good for you!!!! I use it religiously now. I love the way it makes my ends feel. They feel much softer and smoother now when I do my twists. I think it has something to do with the Ph balance that she talks about.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 28th October 2010, 2:42 pm

I love this leave-in as well....really defines my curls. I sometimes just W&G with this leave-in and that's it. I love that it's ph balanced too
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th October 2010, 3:07 pm

I've tried it too, I used a tad more Castor oil along with the EVOO and it worked better for me.
It really kept my ends and twists with a natural sheen, if that makes sense.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th January 2011, 11:21 am

instead of using the Knot today has anyone used like a conditioner thats not a leave in? I am trying to use my wash out conditioner of suave naturals. I tried her method with shea moisture and it failed =(
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 6th January 2011, 1:10 pm

A friend of mine has used to say yes line- However with that line- the ingredients of their leave in is the same as the conditioner. Also there are a couple of people that have used giovanni leave in on youtube
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th January 2011, 2:12 pm

I'm transitioning and i use it everytime i wash my hair after i shampoo though so i think maybe you should try shampooing your hair to feel the full effect
i replace it with my leave the Giovanni and it works wonders my hair stay moisturized 4 days after wash day for type 4 hair that soak up everything thats an accomplishment i plan on using that for a while Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 6th January 2011, 2:42 pm

The leave in didn't work very well for me, and I tried it a couple of different ways. I'm big chopping on Saturday, so once I'm fully natural, I hope it'll turn out differently.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th January 2011, 2:45 pm

Allycoils wrote:The leave in didn't work very well for me, and I tried it a couple of different ways. I'm big chopping on Saturday, so once I'm fully natural, I hope it'll turn out differently.
Congrats and good luck!! =)

Thanks ladies
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 6th January 2011, 2:47 pm

CiaE wrote:
Allycoils wrote:The leave in didn't work very well for me, and I tried it a couple of different ways. I'm big chopping on Saturday, so once I'm fully natural, I hope it'll turn out differently.
Congrats and good luck!! =)

Thanks ladies

Thank you!
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th January 2011, 4:16 am

CiaE wrote:instead of using the Knot today has anyone used like a conditioner thats not a leave in? I am trying to use my wash out conditioner of suave naturals. I tried her method with shea moisture and it failed =(

I have used it with Garnier Fructice Sleek and Shoine and the Cantu Shea butter leave-in. I have used aloe vera gel and juice. If using the sleek and shine, you can use the aloe vera gel and juice. If using the cantu leave-in, use the gel only because the juice makes it a bit watery but the results are still the same. I also tried it with the giovanni direct leave-in. I like all three but I prefer the sleek in shine because it mad a thicker mix.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 7th January 2011, 10:37 am

It didn't work that well for me. I may try again with a different conditioner.
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th January 2011, 4:32 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:
CiaE wrote:instead of using the Knot today has anyone used like a conditioner thats not a leave in? I am trying to use my wash out conditioner of suave naturals. I tried her method with shea moisture and it failed =(

I have used it with Garnier Fructice Sleek and Shoine and the Cantu Shea butter leave-in. I have used aloe vera gel and juice. If using the sleek and shine, you can use the aloe vera gel and juice. If using the cantu leave-in, use the gel only because the juice makes it a bit watery but the results are still the same. I also tried it with the giovanni direct leave-in. I like all three but I prefer the sleek in shine because it mad a thicker mix.
hmm i use to use sleek and shine on my relaxed hair... i may try it thx!
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down