CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimmaytube Mix and Twists

5 posters

Go down

Kimmaytube Mix and Twists Empty Kimmaytube Mix and Twists

Post by Naturalin2010 24th October 2010, 6:59 pm

Hi curlies!! What have you used with the kimmaytube leave in mixture to do your twists. I normlly do my twists with the Eco custard, but thought that might be too much and would take too long to dry. Any suggestions? Has anyone just used the eco styler gel w/olive oil by itself?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kimmaytube Mix and Twists Empty Re: Kimmaytube Mix and Twists

Post by Niqui36 24th October 2010, 7:04 pm

When I use the leave in and twist my hair I don't add anything else. That's if I'm just doing twists for a twistout. I'll wear the twists for a couple days and then a twistout. I'm going to do micro twists in a couple days so I'll probably add my Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter. I'll add it section by section.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 24th October 2010, 7:13 pm

@niqui, so you have pretty good hold with just the leave in mixture to do your twists? I know the moisture will be there, because I've used it before, but only with a WnG. I'm wondering if I can get a strong hold because I'm going to twist them tonight but take them out in the morning for work. I can't quite wear my twists to work just yet. I'm thinking if I use a little melted shea butter under the plain eco styler gel, it'll be soft.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 24th October 2010, 9:03 pm

Yes, I get a good hold with just the leave in. I've never used eco styler gel for twists before but when I used it for a wash and go my hair was super crunchy! I have used flaxseed gel over the leave in before and that gave me excellent hold. I just know that when I do it without anything extra I get good hold as well because I forgot to use my flaxseed gel before but realized when I took the twists down that it didn't even matter! lol.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:18 am

I, like Niqui don't usually add anything. I was thinking of starting to add DM Miracurl or Curls Goddess Gel just to get rid of them. I am not big on gels. Never used Eco Styler or any of the ones I usually see mentioned on this forum.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 25th October 2010, 1:48 am

I use ORS lock & twist gel over the leave-in along with shea butter because I leave my twist in for a week and that is the only way they will hold and look neat. But when I do braid-outs or twist-out I use the same products so the style will last me longer with getting old looking.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th October 2010, 1:55 am

I use GDLI instead of KT in my Kimmaytube leave in. I need a styler to hold my twists, so I use LA Natural Styling Gel or Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 25th October 2010, 7:32 am

Thanks guys! I just used the eco styler gel and I'm very very pleased with the results!!! cheers On each section for twisting, I used the Kimmaytube leave in, a little melted raw shea butter and a little of the eco styler w/oo(plain, no custard) and my hair is so soft and the coils are tight when I untwisted, which is good, because it'll last me all week. Now, I'll be glad when my hair hangs downward. Kind of like yours @Niqui in your avitar. But one step at a time, right? LOL!!!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down