CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimmaytube leave in mix...

+4
Curlock Holmes
jackiej
ShortNSassie
aj72crane
8 posters

Go down

Kimmaytube leave in mix... Empty Kimmaytube leave in mix...

Post by aj72crane 13th August 2010, 4:05 pm

Hello all...I have made my 2nd batch of this leave in using Giovanni Leave-in, instead of the KCKT, and I still have not noticed any changes. For those of you who also use her leave in, tell me exactly how you use it??? What I mean is, do you wash or co-wash first, do you use only the mix after washing or co-washing, do you seal with an oil after using the mix, do you use a gel or anything after applying the mix?? I am 1 month post BC and still dont have this DRYNESS under control. Please help!!

aj72crane

Back to top Go down

Kimmaytube leave in mix... Empty Re: Kimmaytube leave in mix...

Post by ShortNSassie 13th August 2010, 5:02 pm

there is a long thread on this topic, so i bumped it up for you.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 13th August 2010, 5:07 pm

Hi, I was out today and after trying a good few ranges thought that the Kimmaytube leave in mixture had to work for me. No it did not!
I washed my hair, deep conditioned it and then applied the leave in mixture, it did exactly what eveything else does which is at first I think great, then 15-20 minutes later my hair had dried out and this time I was left with oil sitting on my head which I used to grease my ashy legs!

Although I am transitioning I too have an extreme dryness issue, sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 13th August 2010, 7:44 pm

You should be applying it after you have washed and conditioned your hair, and before you go to style it (ie, you won't be rinsing it out). I don't co-wash so I use her leave in after shampooing and a deep treatment. You definitely need to seal your hair after using it as well.

It sounds like you've used KCKT and didn't like it? Or did you just use it in her leave in mix? I think to get the best results with her leave in, you need to use a product that your hair already likes. My hair wasn't impressed by Giovanni's Direct Leave In, so I didn't bother buying another bottle just to make the leave in. Try sealing and using a condish that you KNOW works for you.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th August 2010, 1:17 am

After I wash/condition/deep conditon/rinse/ACV/plop, I apply the leave in. I section my hair in 4 parts, take a dime or nickel size amount in my palm and apply to each section in downward motion. I concentrate on my ends mostly. Then I follow it with an oil (jojoba or EVOO), then I style with my shea butter mix and seal with castor oil.

I use her exact ingredients and portions. Does your hair agree with aloe based ingredients?
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th August 2010, 1:23 am

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZyKinks 14th August 2010, 3:55 am

Seems that all us newbie naturals have experienced or are experiencing the same thing..thirsty hair. Through my info seeking I've learned moisture is essential!

Have u tried not pooing and co-washing? Are u using a regular towel to dry your hair? Try using an old t-shirt/terry cloth. Have read the ingredients of your products?

The list can and will go on..trust me, I learn something new just about everyday,lol.

I began using curl activator as my sole product. Then my hair ended up feeling sticky due to build up *yuk*. So I was excited to try SM curlie smoothie, not a good outcome (for me). Then a light bulb went off, I mixed the activator with the SM and added a small amount of pink oil moisturizer *shazaam* it was wonderful ( still is). Now I've continued to use this concotion until recently I made an adjustment due to "information".

Apparently acitvator does keep the hair moistureized, however over long periods of time some dryness happens (why/how I dunno).

I figured this out when I used over 1/2 bottle conditioner ( I dc prior to rinsing). So.., I've since upgraded my conditioner (hello hydration, herbal esscense) and concocted a new product. Shine curl activator with africa's best hair and body oil.

Leaves my hair feeling soft, well defined curls too, oh and it smells good. If your hair is thirsty like mine this could help lots...the worst thing would you'd be out a total of $5

Shine curl activator $3 family dollar
Africa's best hair and body oil $1.29 family dollar

Keep it afrolutely nappulous!!
CraZyKinks
CraZyKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 14th August 2010, 6:38 am

Ok, so what is it I am doing wrong cause based on this thread and the other one on this leave in I should be getting fab results (though I know everyones hair is different).
The one ingredient I substituted was the waterbase/creamy leave in, I don't have Kinky Curly and to be honest can't keep buying products and so used darcy botanical coconut and lemongrass tranisitioning creme. Could this be the problem?

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by aj72crane 16th August 2010, 7:00 pm

What I am doing is using Giovanni Leave In instead of KCKT in the mix. I have not tried the KCKT so I dont know how that will work. So far I haven't found anything that works with this dryness. I also have not experienced the "rave" about it yet...not that I dont think that it works but so far for me NOTHING has worked for this dryness. confused

aj72crane

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 17th August 2010, 5:17 am

aj72crane, what I have found that seems to be working is curl activator, Softsheen Carson Care Free Curl Lite Gel Activator Lite you know the one you would use if you had a jerry curl. This has been the only thing to date that leaves my hair soft, manageable and hydrated the ingredients don't seem to bad either they are
Aqua (Water) , Glycerine , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Propylene Glycol , Aloe Barbadensis , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Diazolidinyl Urea , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Methylparaben , Parfum (Fragrance) , Propylparaben , Wheat Amino Acids.

I hope this helps.

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by aj72crane 17th August 2010, 3:25 pm

jackiej wrote:aj72crane, what I have found that seems to be working is curl activator, Softsheen Carson Care Free Curl Lite Gel Activator Lite you know the one you would use if you had a jerry curl. This has been the only thing to date that leaves my hair soft, manageable and hydrated the ingredients don't seem to bad either they are
Aqua (Water) , Glycerine , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Propylene Glycol , Aloe Barbadensis , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Diazolidinyl Urea , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Methylparaben , Parfum (Fragrance) , Propylparaben , Wheat Amino Acids.

I hope this helps.

So exactly when do you use the Activator, after a leave in (as a styling gel) or in place of a leave in?

aj72crane

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 17th August 2010, 9:47 pm

Hello,

Maybe the issue is porous hair or hair that needs protein. Maybe you could change some of the other products like what are you shampooing with and what is your conditioner. There may be other problems that are causing you the issue. I found out my hair loves aloe vera but not all products are good. it really is a trial and error. I did not get rave reviews with her leave in, but u could find another conditioner that you like or try a hot oil treatment??
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 18th August 2010, 7:33 am

aj72crane wrote:
jackiej wrote:aj72crane, what I have found that seems to be working is curl activator, Softsheen Carson Care Free Curl Lite Gel Activator Lite you know the one you would use if you had a jerry curl. This has been the only thing to date that leaves my hair soft, manageable and hydrated the ingredients don't seem to bad either they are

I hope this helps.

So exactly when do you use the Activator, after a leave in (as a styling gel) or in place of a leave in?

I mix a little activator with my leave in which is from the Komaza care line, then finish with the Califia moisturizing spray (also from the Komaza care line) which contains shea oil and jojoba oil.

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down