CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castor Oil

+6
kim
cluelesscurl
BajanPrincess82
krazy coils
Nali1987
C.
10 posters

Go down

Castor Oil Empty Castor Oil

Post by C. 27th October 2010, 1:49 pm

I just watched a video on youtube by nikki mae in which she used castor oil to slick her hair back instead of gel. In the comments, others also mentioned how they do the same thing and the castor oil works just like a gel in that regard. So of course now I want some Razz

My problem is I dont know where to buy it from. The same thing happened when I wanted to buy Aloe vera (juice and gel)... couldnt find the real stuff anywhere.

So does anyone know where I could purchase castor oil? I am not entirely sure if JBCO is better than the white, however I feel as though the JBCO might be better because it seems the most unrefined (still has color, and scent [from what I've read]). Where can I find this oil: Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Eckerds, Walgreens, beauty supply stores???

Also what brands and what has been your experience (if just ONE person has experienced hair loss of any sort from using this oil I may not buy it--emphasis on MAY Very Happy )

C.

Back to top Go down

Castor Oil Empty Re: Castor Oil

Post by Nali1987 27th October 2010, 2:14 pm

JBCO, Filled in my (Naomi Campbell) edges wonderfully. I have no idea where they sell it in America. Amazon.com sells it, you can google for more places!
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th October 2010, 2:33 pm

You can find the regular castor oil at any health food store, Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe. You may have to order the JBCO online.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th October 2010, 2:40 pm

I get my castor oil from Whole Foods. I have used it on my edges and it has helped them to fill in. But, as for slicking my hair down like gel...NOT. lol. That definitely does not work for me. My hair just curls right back up. Gel is a must for me when it comes to slicking!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 27th October 2010, 2:49 pm

I'm with bajanpricess. My hair is the same way.

@Nali1987 LOL you are so wrong for that Naomi Campbell comment don't let her see you ROTFLMAO

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 27th October 2010, 5:50 pm

okay thanx. About the hair slicking, I think she tied her hair down with a scarf and let her wet/damp hair dry; that probably helped it lay down.

@Bajanprincess, what brand do you use? I ve heard that a lot of people use Home Health Brand. Have any of you used the NOW brand?

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th October 2010, 5:56 pm

You can use any brand really. The brand that I use is Home Health. When I run out of this bottle I'm definitely going to comparison shop. Whole Foods is usually so expensive...going to see if I can find it at Wal Mart or a drug store.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 27th October 2010, 5:59 pm

thanx for responding Bajanprincess, I think Im becoming a PJ, well in my head Rolling Eyes, I always see and hear about things i wanna try, but I usually think that it wont work for me so I end up not buying it. this time however, Im gonna buy something and if it doesnt work, I'll know for next time. Im gonna get the NOW brand, when it becomes available in the next few days from iherb.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 27th October 2010, 6:29 pm

I have been using the now brand for over a year now and it works like good ole castor oil from back home in Jamaica without the scent.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 28th October 2010, 10:54 am

I have been using the now brand for over a year now and it works like good ole castor oil from back home in Jamaica without the scent.

Thank you for posting this comment.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th October 2010, 3:46 pm

ditto what falcon said. im gonna order the NOW brand from iherb as soon as they have it back in stock whenever that is. When i get it, i'll post an update.
My edges arent thin, I dont have massive breakage or shedding (thank goodness), but my hair is dull (my natural hair color; ashy/dull brown) but i wanna see if it can improve the condition of my hair esp. the ends

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 28th October 2010, 5:06 pm

I use white castor oil from whole foods for my daughter. It may slick her edges when i first do her hair but they don't stay slick, LOL. It has helped her hair fill in where she lost it to cradle cap though. And I am loving it has a sealant for fall.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 28th October 2010, 5:11 pm

I have used the clear castor oils from Walmart, Walgreens, Home Health, Palma Christi and a dark castor oil called Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil. I prefer the Home Health for herbal infusions. I used all of the aforementioned castor oils to seal, oil my edges and do oil rinses. All of the castor oils were effective in oiling my hair before ayurvedic treatments (amla, cassia, henna). I have not used JBCO.

I have used all of these COs in ayurvedic formulas. I have also blended them with coconut oil to make shealoe. Please note that Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil is NOT a pure castor oil. It contains a blend of oils: Sunflower Seed oil, Sesame Oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Almond oil, Wheat Germ oil, Shea oil, Jojoba oil, Tea Tree oil, Hemp Seed oil extract, Rosemary seed extract, and Vitamin E oil.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 28th October 2010, 6:38 pm

mountainroseherbs.com. hey have a great selection of stuff, but alot of their oils only come in big bottles, like 8 or even 16 oz the smallest size for some products. They have castor oil and 100% pure aloe vera gel, plus essential oils, butters, containers, herbs, carrier oils, extracts, etc. and giovanni and aubrey organics products. this site is the bomb.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down