CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question for all the CG's

4 posters

Go down

A question for all the CG's Empty A question for all the CG's

Post by SwirlyCurls90 26th October 2010, 7:28 pm

How long did it take for your hair to get "used to" not shampooing? I've tried in the past but had to shampoo because my hair started feeling weird by week 2. I'm at that point again on my millionth attempt. I cowashed this morning and my roots are very soft and defined, but the rest of my hair feels more brittle than usual. Does it take time to get used to not shampooing or is it something that you'll know right away if your hair doesn't like?

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

A question for all the CG's Empty Re: A question for all the CG's

Post by CurlyNMixed 26th October 2010, 8:08 pm

If I have a lot of build up, I still use castile soap, but I've only been doing that maybe every two weeks to once a month.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 27th October 2010, 2:22 pm

I've been using the CG method for at least 5 months or longer and my hair loves it. I think it does take time for your hair to adjust. You have to make sure you're using the right conditioner, which may take time for you to find what works the best. I really don't recall having any problems when I first stated the CG method. I would say just give it time.
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 27th October 2010, 7:05 pm

what is the curly girl method?
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 27th October 2010, 8:03 pm

To AllNaturalBeauty, thanks! I will definitely stick it out and try to find a conditioner that works. I think a problem may be that I have been using a conditioner with silicon. I was trying to do just a modified version of the CG at first. To blkbeauty2010, the curly girl method is a way of taking care of curly/kinky hair without the use of sulfates and silicons. Sulfates, found in most lathering shampoos, strip the hair of moisture, and some silicons don't allow for moisture to penetrate the hair shaft. There is a book on it by Lorraine Massey.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 29th October 2010, 11:27 am

Your welcome SwirlyCurls90, I'm sure things will work out. The only conditioners I use are from Trader Joe's and then also the Suave Conditioners.
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down