CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

give em' hell!!!

+5
curlya
FalconTress
abba
rayray19
DreaDay
9 posters

Go down

give em' hell!!! Empty give em' hell!!!

Post by Guest 25th October 2010, 4:54 pm

i keep hearing, ur hair looks peasy, u should keep wearing a weave, wait til' ur hair grows out more, but i have pushed all aside and i am about to wear my small twa. i've also heard that my twa looks good and it's cute or what not, i don't care about the negative comments b/c at the end of the day, all that matters is i'm happy and i'm gonna give em' hell!! Cool it hasn't grown all that much, but i am so tired of wearing my weave (protective style) it only has adjustable straps and sometimes i am afraid it might not stay on like i would like it and it's just really uncomfortable. Sad anyway, i big chopped back in july of this year and i have been natural for 3 months now and i haven't been wearing my natural hair proudly due to length and all. Embarassed i have decided to wear my natural hair, despite rude ppl who stare like they have no good sense. however, ppl are going to stare, talk about u or whatever whether u have long hair, medium hair, short hair or just plain BALD!!! lol...ppl LOVE to pick and probe. Wink I'm ultra nervous, but i think that's mainly because i have a round face and i have a thick type physique. i have never had hair this short, but it's a first time for everything and i believe within the 3 months i have been natural my hair has only grown probably 2 1/2 inches?? maybe?? lol idk, but what have u ladies gotten as far as feedback on ur big chop??

Last edited by Indidiiamond on 25th October 2010, 5:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

give em' hell!!! Empty Re: give em' hell!!!

Post by DreaDay 25th October 2010, 5:03 pm

No one ever said anything really negative to my face...Smile Everyone who saw me was very supportive. I did have one person tell me I "should comb those naps out" (trying to be helpful). I told them they were very small coils and went on my way... I agree with you: All you can be is yourself. If others can't get down with that, oh well thats their problem. Glad you are confident in your choice to go natural. Very Happy

DreaDay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th October 2010, 5:10 pm

well that's good...and thank u on the kudos for me being confident to go natural cause i had to...chemicals were giving me hell!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 25th October 2010, 5:47 pm

YAAAAY!!! rock that TWA girl..Im super confident with my twa so i never hear negative comment..usually the only comments i get are "only you could rock that" or something like it..Its all about confidence..if you have confidence about your twa, and an attitude that says "i dont care what you think"..people will not feel the need to pick at you..sometimes my friend joke around and say something bout my "naps" but i just say "yall hatin"and in about a year my naps are going to big curly and beautiful and they really going to hate then!!

but remember to stay confident..let people know your confident..and spice up your TWA with a flower or headband time to time if you get bored

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by abba 25th October 2010, 5:56 pm

Girl, you should just ask them if your hair is paying them?? It amazes me how people worry about things that have nothing to do with them...
Keep doing you and be proud of what you got, cuz it will grow and flourish!!
afro
abba
abba

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 25th October 2010, 7:22 pm

Here's my universal reply to someone commenting on something that isn't their business:
When you make my __________ a line item in your budget, you can have a say in how I handle it.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 25th October 2010, 10:08 pm

@Indidiiamond - Do you, don't let anyone, (friend or foe, family or lover) stop your flow...
Walk tall, stare them in the eyes, smile and DO YOU!!! afro
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 26th October 2010, 12:32 am

@Indidiiamond- wear your hair like you are all that and then some honey! When you wear your confidence people can sense it and if you aren't confident people can sense that too! Get you some cute head bands and do the darn thang!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those pics were in March 2010

Here's my hair now
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2010, 12:58 am

ty for all the advice and feedback everyone Smile much appreciated

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 27th October 2010, 3:36 am

giiiiirrrrllll i am so happy to hear you say this!!! for a minute there it sounded like you were slippin away from us &losin hope!! trust me, no persons opinion matters but your own! and when you rock it with that confidence, honey child!! you are gonna beam and exude ultimate beauty! confidence can do wonders for your apperance! wear your hair proudly with your head up & chest out!! and give us some pictures girl!!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceebia 27th October 2010, 11:23 am

Good for you! I BC'd at the end of August. I heard, "What did you do to your hair?" and "Why did you cut all of your hair off?" But I"ve also heard a lot of "I love your hair" and "how did you get it to curl up like that?" LOL! At the end of the day, I like it and that's really all that matters. Just understand that everything isn't for everyone, so not everyone will love your hair. But if you're happy with it that is all that matters!
Laceebia
Laceebia

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 28th October 2010, 12:56 pm

it trips me put when people think that their body type, bone structure or other physical feature wont "look right" with a natural do. My mother is a beautiful heavy set black woman... everything about her is round and she rocks a TWA like no other!!! She went from shoulder length processed hair to a knuckle length TWA (according to her b/c she was tired of spending so much for hair maintenance). She has a wonderful texture and chooses to keep it short because her TWA draws attention away from the style on her head to her natural features (high cheek bones, the orange undertones in her complexion, her smooth skin...). Keep in mind that God made every part of you, and no matter what you or other people think... you (all of you/us) and all of your round, tall, short, dark, light, black, brown, kinky, curly, wavy features go together just how God intended them too... PERFECTLY!!! Now if that aint reason enough to celebrate the natural you I dont know what else is.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th October 2010, 7:06 pm

well being i have a round face and thick...i didn't know how it would be b/c i have NEVER had hair that was like a boy hair cut. Surprised not trying to be negative about myself and the way i look or anything b/c i think i'm a beautiful young woman, but i just didn't know how it would be....the title of this post i thought said it all "give em' hell" b/c i got the balls to do something outside of the box and still rock it and not give a damn about what ppl have to say lol and ppl hate that.. (hince the title)....sorry if i didn't make that clear enough when i posted....and good for ur mom @blkbeauty2010 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down