CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About to give up

+3
ShortNSassie
freckledmom4
tresmom08
7 posters

Go down

About to give up Empty About to give up

Post by tresmom08 28th September 2010, 1:52 pm

LADIES I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!! I am starting to fall out of love with me hair. When I did my BC I loved it....then I did some yarn braids for most of the summer......loved it.....after taking the braids out and discovering some new growth......loved it....Now I just can't seem to do anything with it.....wash n go's clearly don't work for me braid/twist outs become frizzy fros.....I'm just so frustrated
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

About to give up Empty Re: About to give up

Post by freckledmom4 28th September 2010, 2:08 pm

Don't give up tresmom08! I'm right there with you. I think that as our hair grows we have to learn new styles because the old ones don't work with the new length and its is very frustrating to say the least-growing pains. I've been practicing twist outs for about a week and they are now looking anything like I want them to look, but I've been turning them into puffs or wearing my beanie. Just remember the reasons why you wanted to go natural in the first place and keep that as your focus. You may want to consider braids again until your hair grows to a different length. This too shall pass and hopefully you will be back to loving your hair in no time.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 28th September 2010, 2:11 pm

Thanks Freckledmom4....how long ago did you BC? I see your curls popping on your avatar pic.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 28th September 2010, 3:06 pm

Hey tresmom08 don't give up..I felt the same way. I did my BC in May of this year and I was really enjoying my TWA which I thought would last a lot longer than it did. My hair grows really fast and I was having a hard time on keeping up with it and learning new ways to style it...but you tube saved me. I watched alot of tutorials on how to 2 stand twist and coil my hair, so thats what i did. I also went to a stylist twice in Baltimore that was really great, she gave me alot of good advice on how to care for my hair and products. I could give you her info if you'd like. Also this site is full of encouragement. Alot of us spent so many years walking around afraid to touch our hair cuz we spent soo many hours in the salon getting it done. Now is the time to play with it, have fun and enjoy it. Again...Don't give up you can do this. flower
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 28th September 2010, 3:30 pm

You may need to clarify to remove product build up and balance your hair's pH, and change some of your products. Are you balancing moisture and protein? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 28th September 2010, 4:19 pm

Hey this is what i do. I cut out ALOT of natural hair stlyes from magazines, web, books whatever and i stick them on my bathroom wall ( you should see my bathroom Smile ) but i love looking @ natural hair styles and i can try any one of them. Some look good, others well lets just say still trying.

It helps and it keeps me focus of what i wold like my hair to look like.

Also, i keep a tub of relaxer and when i am frustrated with my hair, i just pull it out and smell it and i am convinced....Never going back to that suff No

But don't give up, it gets better, especially when you start to get compliments on your hair.

HTH
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 28th September 2010, 4:53 pm

tresmom08 wrote:Thanks Freckledmom4....how long ago did you BC? I see your curls popping on your avatar pic.

I bc'ed June 30, 2010. That picture was taken in mid August. I used ecostyler gel, but I had to do a lot of finger styling to get them just right. Now the mornings are too cool to go out with a wet head so it's back to the drawing board. I've been living on yt lately-trying to do some new things.

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 28th September 2010, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 28th September 2010, 4:54 pm

Don't give up, you can do it!!!
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th September 2010, 6:47 pm

dont give up tresmom u CAN DO IT!!! and ur in MD so u need to check on the dmv meetup to keep u company and motivated. we've all been there before, patience is the key Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 29th September 2010, 2:12 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:You may need to clarify to remove product build up and balance your hair's pH, and change some of your products. Are you balancing moisture and protein? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I checked the link and from the self tests my hair is balanced. I just don't know how to style it...I used to spritz in the morning and my cantu leave in and oil and go.....but now it is much cooler in the morning so spritzing is out of the question....
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 29th September 2010, 2:23 pm

NubieNatty wrote:dont give up tresmom u CAN DO IT!!! and ur in MD so u need to check on the dmv meetup to keep u company and motivated. we've all been there before, patience is the key Very Happy

For instance your avatar pic is FIYA!!!!! How would I attain and maintain that style? I will def check out th DMV meetup as well. Thanks for the tips
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 29th September 2010, 2:31 pm

Thanks to all ladies for your help, tips, and encouragement.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down