CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review

+17
BlakButterfli
LaToya28
Fleur
sweetdrk1
Sebastain13
MsKayDee
ChrsLvsBks
Shaynatural
jeanlouisangel
krazy coils
naturallynola
TwistedKurlzz
freckledmom4
Free2Be
curlya
letha
Renny
21 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review Empty Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review

Post by Renny 25th October 2010, 10:41 am

A few weeks ago I won some DB products on a blog contest. The Deep Conditioning Mask was one of them. I was really excited because I've been looking for a protein free dc. I also really want to give most of my curly business to a small sister-owned business, so DB had been on my list of products to try.

Last night I dc'ed with DB DC. I deep condition weekly and have mostly used ORS Replenishing Condtioner and ORS Hair Mayo (I used it just to use it up. I can't say I was a fan). I've also done some homemade mixes with various conditioners, honey, oils, eggs and mayo, etc. The reason I'm saying all this is to say that I do DC as part of my regimen and I know how my hair responds to a DC treatment.

I opened the DB's and upon sticking my fingers in the jar I knew this was going to be something different. This conditoner smells incredible and it feels like no product (hair or body) I've ever felt before. All I could think was there's no way this stuff couldn't do an awesome job on my hair. I divided my hair into four sections and applied it liberally. It felt like heaven going onto my hair. The consistency is extremely creamy. It's heavy, but not dense and it feels silky.

I normally DC by sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes or so, but I had a conference call that I knew would take over an hour, so I decided to just bag my head and then wrap it with a towel and let my body heat do the job. I ended up being on the phone for 2 hrs and when I was done I couldn't wait to wash out the conditioner to see what my hair would feel like.

There are no words...(shaking my head). My hair was so soft, my ends were like brand new. It had a very nice sheen and it just felt like silk: seriously, silk. I thought what do I do with it now that it's in this incredible state at 11 pm. Shocked I wished so badly that I had her leave-in. I wanted my hair to continue it's DB's journey, but the leave-in wasn't one of the products I won. All I had was the Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Cream (her heavier styling cream/leave-in). My hair and shea don't get along, so I didn't want to risk using it and dry my hair out. Instead I chose to use Donna Marie's Coca Hemp Styling Milk since I was going to apply Donna Marie's Miracurl in the morning. I twisted my hair in about ten plaits, put some of the DB's Organic Palm Fruit and Cherry Kernal Butter (another product I won and LOVE) in the parts and on the ends of the plaits, let it air dry some and went to bed.

This morning I untwisted the plaits and can I tell you I'm in love with this hair. I haven't styled with the Donna Marie's yet, because I just don't want to.I have HIH syndrome something fierce. My hair is so soft and moisturized and my ends, I don't know how to describe what this product did to my ends. They're so smooth. They've never felt this way.

I am pleased and I can tell you, I will have no problem paying $20 for this conditioner. It is worthy of all the favorable reviews and she definitely gained a new customer with that giveaway.

Here are the ingredients:
Ingredients: Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, BTMS ( a mild emulsifying conditioner), Manketti Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Marula Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Shea Butter, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Organic Kelp, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, & Patchouli Essential Oils and a paraben-free preservative.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review Empty Re: Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 10:57 am

Great Review and I've heard nothing but great things about this conditioner.. This is something that I hope will be on her Black Friday sale because I really want to try it.. Maybe I should just break down and order it so I can know if it will work for me or not.. Then I can stock up.. Very Happy

That shea butter Moisturizing Cream is another one I would love to try.. The products I have tried so far I love it and I will most def be ordering from her again.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review Empty Re: Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - My review

Post by curlya 25th October 2010, 11:03 am

Okay; feels like silk and your ends feel soft? I'm ordering it right now... bounce
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 25th October 2010, 11:31 am

I'm sitting on my hands trying not to order some right this second. Great review! I don't think I've done a real DC this entire year, but I want to try now.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th October 2010, 11:37 am

Thanks for the review. I have the Coiling Jelly and the Transitioning Cream and LOVE them. Maybe I'll splurge and get the Condioning Mask as well.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 11:45 am

Free2Be wrote:I'm sitting on my hands trying not to order some right this second. Great review! I don't think I've done a real DC this entire year, but I want to try now.

I already have mine in the cart and just wanted to know how much shipping would be all I have to do it hit the submit button.. Embarassed Not sure if I want to wait unitl Friday or not.. Surprised
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th October 2010, 1:30 pm

Try the codes: coilskinkscurls or queens to see if you get a discount.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 1:36 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Try the codes: coilskinkscurls or queens to see if you get a discount.

I tried queens it didn't work off to try the other one..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 25th October 2010, 1:37 pm

@freckledmom4 thanks for posting the codes.

I said that I wasn't going to buy anymore products, but here I go again lol dance
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 25th October 2010, 1:39 pm

@letha the coilskinkscurls worked when I entered it.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 1:40 pm

coilskinkscurls works.. Its still in my cart have not hit the order button yet.. Embarassed Gor $3.00 off

Thanks Freckledmom4

Thanks TwistedKurlzz Ok now I have to decide if I am going to get it now or wait until Friday..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:50 pm

I knew it! There is no way that list of ingredients could fail! She has cleansing, moisturizing, and lubricating in 1 product! Renny, thanks for doing the review. I was about to call Sage and order 2 container and of course, they are closed today and tomorrow, darn it! Well, I will pick them up Friday or Saturday. Thanks again for a great review!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th October 2010, 2:29 pm

I'm sorry to get you PJ's filling shopping carts, but I'm telling you, this stuff is the truth.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 25th October 2010, 2:35 pm

@Renny, it's okay with me, because I have been doing good for months without purchasing any new products. I ordered their avocado and wild plum twisting cream last night, but I have heard so many good reviews on their deep conditioner, so I had to order their daily leave-in conditioner and their deep treatment mask. Now, my husband is going to think that I am going crazy lol (sorry hubby) lol!
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th October 2010, 2:51 pm

LOL. Hubby will be alright. Smile I'm itching to try that wild plum cream, but I'm going to wait until my hair grows longer and I start twisting. I just want to smell it. LOL. Laughing
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 25th October 2010, 2:55 pm

LOL yeah he will be alright. I think he has been proud of me for not going on a product haul in months. I hope that the wild plum cream works on my hair, but I will let you know how it works for me. Oh lawd, please help me not to buy any more products (for a while at least) lol
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th October 2010, 4:12 pm

Thanks for the review, this is definitely on my list for Black Friday!

@Renny - I have tried the DB leave-in and I love it, its really moisturizing.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 4:27 pm

I hate to even get a package now because mine keep telling me I am going to get you a tractor trailer to store all those deliveries you been getting.. I never even thought he noticed.. lol He sees the products but never said a word until lately.. I am going thru my products now and giving things away to my family members and a co-worker because she needs somes items for her hair.

Making room for Black Friday woot! woot! dance run

All I have now are conditioners and maybe 1 bottle of shampoo I have my Amala Cream rinse to cleanse so after I use up my clarifying shampoos I won't get anymore.. I have my DC's and hair butters and protein products..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 25th October 2010, 5:09 pm

My husband hasn't said anything yet. He use to just look at me and shake his head, but since I have not went on a hair product shopping spree lately, then I know that he will be glad. I have only purchased 5 other products to try within this last year. Darcy Botanical's will probably be the last product that I will purchase this year (keeping my fingers crossed) lol.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 25th October 2010, 9:54 pm

Oh Twisted and Letha, I too have the hubby who shakes his head wondering when I am going to just give up on products Embarassed What patience he has..cuz it is never going to happen..lol..but I just got Qhemet Biologics and I am very happy with the moisturization the heavy cream gives. Havent really dug into yet, but I will once I wash. I need, however, a DC. So Renny you did an awesome job with that review. I may be ordering once more before Black Friday dance
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th October 2010, 10:12 pm

If you really think about, hair products aren't that bad. We could be buying handbags and shoes. Shocked Well, I mean unless you doing that too. Very Happy
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 11:37 pm

Renny, that's so funny. How do we have money left for shoes and handbags? I think I make out pretty well b/c I have had the good fortune of trying a number of products from WF. If I don't like them, I return them and get something else. So, not much money gone. I just keep flipping products. I did keep KC products, my aloe gel, and the Dr.Bronner's peppermint. I have exchanged so many times, its a wonder they allow me in the door- LOL

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural 26th October 2010, 2:33 am

I just need to know where to buy this!!!!!
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 26th October 2010, 7:34 am

Shaynatural wrote:I just need to know where to buy this!!!!!

http://www.darcysbotanicals.com/

Different places sells her products even curlmart just not sure if they sell the DC..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 26th October 2010, 7:36 am

Renny wrote:If you really think about, hair products aren't that bad. We could be buying handbags and shoes. Shocked Well, I mean unless you doing that too. Very Happy

I use to be bad with shoes not anymore but for some reason I do love small appliances so you know when an infomerical comes on with a new appliance that is out and we are watching it together he looks at me and say don't even think about it Laughing

But the Nuwave oven was a good purchase and he even enjoyed that and especially the food and this one really does what it says.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next