CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube

4 posters

Go down

Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube Empty Love Me Some Henna, AOHSR & Kimmaytube

Post by WarriorPrincess 10th April 2010, 9:55 am

Did my second henna treatment last night. My first was done in January. In January, I got all elaborate and added lemons, orange juice, and a couple oils to the mix. I beat it with an electric beater. Good result; I liked it and could tell a difference. But this time--OH MY! All I did was mix about half a pack of my Jamila Henna and some bragg apple cider vinegar. I let it sit for approximately 12 hours. Then I put it in last night at about 9:30 pm and washed it out this morning around 5:00 am and my curls were absolutely poppin and gorgeous. I love how they looked and how my hair felt--my goodness! My hair felt and looked so conditioned. I finished my conditioning treatment with AOHSR (Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose) conditioner. It is still marinating on my head over 3 hours now. I have been using AOHSR conditioner for the past month--love this stuff. The smell I adore and the thickness is a must for my hair.

So this will be my henna mix...nothing but ACV. And my conditioning treatment will be AOHSR (my regimen is normally to deep condition in the sauna & steam--great way to kill two birds w/ one stone--spa junkie). Finally my last love Kim of Kimmaytube--Luv Naturals. Who here has heard of her or already follow her informative youtube channel? I know I am johnny come lately to hot information around here. Anywho, this young lady is da truth. She has a new video out today on PH balance. I be waiting for her videos--she's that thorough! I used a few of her techniques last night. And this will be my new regimen--So here is what I did:

1. Sectioned my hair 4 parts
  2. Saturated each section with olive oil (Kimmaytube technique) helps with hair shedding (it works)
  3. Detangled my hair wet while olive oil still in my hair (wide tooth and my modified denman brush)
  4. Then..applied my clarifying shampoo(Paul Mitchell)--washing hair one section at a time
  5. Then per Kimmay, wrung out the suds and while poo still in my hair--I applied more olive oil on top to counteract the stripping of the poo, then rinsed that section clean. In her tutorial, Kimmay, used conditioner. But I didn't have enough to do that w/ it too. My AOHSR is a precious commodity. Like that living room furniture you only sit on for special occasions. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But this is a very smart technique (Kimmay's smart [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]) as it immediately remedied the squeaky stripped clean feel (which is good to create a new baseline of product/cone free hair)
  6. Once all was rinsed, I applied my henna, let sit over night. Now deep conditioning with AOHSR!
  7. And whalla-- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll try to provide a pic--hoping my dry hair will look as gorgeous as my damp hair!
And to Nikki--you've changed my "natural hair life"! Love you and what you've done and are doing here!

Last edited by Tisha on 10th April 2010, 10:14 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
WarriorPrincess
WarriorPrincess

Back to top Go down

Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube Empty Re: Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube

Post by Lynnieluve 10th April 2010, 11:09 am

We all love Kimmaytube. I've been watching her close to a year now. She has taken YouTube videos to another level.

I've used her buffering technique too and Roxie (my hair's name) is loving it!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube Empty Re: Loving Me Some Henna, Aubrey Organics HSR Con & Kimmaytube

Post by QuietButterfly 10th April 2010, 9:05 pm

I agree. I love Kimmaytube as well. I found out about Giovanni products (which I now love) by watching her videos. She provides the best information. You can see that she really does her research.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 10th April 2010, 9:18 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:We all love Kimmaytube. I've been watching her close to a year now. She has taken YouTube videos to another level.

I've used her buffering technique too and Roxie (my hair's name) is loving it!!

Right?!? I can't even edit videos. Here she is talking through microphones, drawing pictures, and all this other cool stuff. *jealous* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th April 2010, 11:04 pm

SN: NikG, I am loving that avatar!!! A's hair is so beautiful and thick!!! I want Roxie to like A's hair when she grows up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorPrincess 15th April 2010, 10:33 pm

appreciate your comments ladies. Thanks for stopping by and that Avatar is gorgeous? Is that someone's real daughter?
WarriorPrincess
WarriorPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 10:37 pm

Yep, that's NikG's daughter. Check out her blog to see more pics. www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down