CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replace eco styler

+2
freckledmom4
Free2Be
6 posters

Go down

replace eco styler Empty replace eco styler

Post by Guest 21st October 2010, 12:09 am

i'm currently using eco styler olive oil gel as my styler whenever i do wear my twa, but i need something that wouldn't make my hair crunchy. i mean, my hair isn't super crunchy when i use it, but u can tell it has a hold, there is shine, and my curls are well defined. however, i need a few pointers for something that will make my hair soft when it dries, will define my curls and won't leave a residue....also i hate shrinkage Mad lol, but that's more than likely to happen with my 2 inch twa......i hear kccc does just what i am asking for, but i am not trying to spend alot of money for a little jar No ...any one have any suggestions?? by the way, i love moisture, hold, defined curls, little hold ( not a 10 hold like most eco stylers ) Cool

Back to top Go down

replace eco styler Empty Re: replace eco styler

Post by Free2Be 21st October 2010, 12:32 am

Have you tried scrunching out the crunch once your hair is dry by using oil or butter? That's what works for me with any gel.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2010, 1:38 am

ok...i might try that as soon as i get me some coconut oil or something lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 21st October 2010, 2:36 am

Yeah, just try it and see. I'm not promising it will work (lol), but that's how I get rid of the crunchy factor. That and also depending on what I use as a leave-in I am sometimes able to use an oil or butter before using the ecostyler and that keeps it from drying hard in the first place. But I think everyone who uses gel, no matter who it is, has to deal with the crunchy stuff.

Good luck. Let me know if it works or not. I'd love to know I gave some useful advice. LOL
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st October 2010, 12:10 pm

I spray my hair with coconut oil while it is still wet and theat helps to reduce the crunch. Although it has better ingredients, KCCC has been known to leave hair crunchy as well-I think that's just one of the trade offs of using gel.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 21st October 2010, 12:33 pm

I use the eco-styler with giovanni's direct leave in and I don't any crunch.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2010, 12:45 pm

yea...ty for the advice everyone!! I'm going to try something, but everybody's hair doesn't work the same w/ everything, but I'm going to weight out my options b/c i like soft curls...not crunchy dry curls lol

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 21st October 2010, 4:35 pm

i prefer the brown ecostyler over the one with olive oil, but a lady at sally's suggested this product to me. i like it alot. not as cheap as ecostyler, but it holds while drying soft & gives shine. it's sort of clear & doesn't have that icky reg. let's jam scent.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/ampro-gel/AMPRO9,default,pd.html
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st October 2010, 4:36 pm

You can try Herbal Essence's Set Me Up gel, LA Looks gel, Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, Elasta Care Feels Like Silk Control Jel, Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel, Yes to Cucumbers daily conditioner, TIGI Bedhead Moisture Maniac conditioner or your favorite conditioner. I personally like YtC & Feels Like Silk.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2010, 5:21 pm

About the Elasta QP...i've tried it before and it's kind of gooey, but then again I tried it on a weave, but i will try it on my natural hair...ty for the advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th October 2010, 7:02 pm

Using oil didn't help me with crunch. I echo Chrs's suggestion of Herbal Essence Set Me up gel. I'm using Donna Marie's Miracurl now and I love it, but I can get it locally here in Atlanta.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th October 2010, 8:01 pm

yea..idk i'mma weight out my options but thankz ne ways for the advice everyone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down