CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco-styler gel

+12
cdawnlujan
bambiix2
Niqui36
Sequoia
Penni
DvaAuNaturel
Russet
BohoStreet
C.
nikkinixnicole
Ekaette
coilykinks
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eco-styler gel Empty Eco-styler gel

Post by coilykinks 6th March 2010, 1:39 pm

I love the eco-styler gel to define my curls, but it makes my hair hard. I use herbal essences long-term relationship as my leave-in and then the gel. But its still hard and crunchy. I heard something about using oil under the gel, but I am sure what will work or maybe I need to try a different conditioner.

Please help. Any suggestions are welcome.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Eco-styler gel Empty Re: Eco-styler gel

Post by Ekaette 6th March 2010, 4:26 pm

You could mix the eco with oil or condish. Or layer it underneath a thicker leave in. Another alternative could be trying to see if you can achieve the look while using less gel.
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 6th March 2010, 4:28 pm

Try using olive oil with your gel. Sometimes I get tired of using gel and i just use a generous amount of leave-in in my hair (Herbal Essence HH), which doesn't leave it stiff
Hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 6th March 2010, 4:50 pm

i have the he hh. it can be used as a leave in????

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 7th March 2010, 12:59 am

ok-thanks. I will try and see what works and report back with the results.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 8th March 2010, 1:00 pm

Kinda_Curly_Cassie09 wrote:i have the he hh. it can be used as a leave in????

YES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .. I found this out on tightlycurly.com and gave it a try and I like the results. Apply the conditioner and then comb through your hair with a denman brush. Its great for wash-n-go's!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 8th March 2010, 4:50 pm

Oooh, ima have to try that!!! where did you buy your denman brush? i heard that they come in different numbers (or something like that) for different textures??

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by BohoStreet 8th March 2010, 6:59 pm

My friend tried this on my hair and used glycerin as the base. My hair wasn't crunchy and it defined my curls.
BohoStreet
BohoStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 8th March 2010, 9:48 pm

Ok-I will def try the glycerin.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 8th March 2010, 10:34 pm

i dont really know anything about curl definition as i am still transitioning, but for flexi rod sets i use eco styler olive oil gel, hh long term relationship, evoo or coco oil, and proceed in that order. my hair is extremely soft and bouncy.

hope that helps!
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 9th March 2010, 2:07 pm

Kinda_Curly_Cassie09 wrote:Oooh, ima have to try that!!! where did you buy your denman brush? i heard that they come in different numbers (or something like that) for different textures??

I just went to a hair store and picked one up lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .. without looking at the number, etc. I found this website: http://www.denmanbrush.com I believe mine is a D4 or D5. Trust me, once you go denman, there's no going back LOL.
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th March 2010, 8:22 pm

I just started using eco styler gel. Under my TIGI Moisture Maniac w/jojoba oil my hair was very stiff and crunchy. Then I tried oyin honey hemp as my leave in, then olive oil, and then eco. Worked like a charm. My hair was firm but not as stiff and crunchy. I think it is the olive oil. Plus I remember in one of MahoganyCurls you tube videos she said the eco doesn't work well under all leave in's.

@ladyjones try the EVOO with the eco. You will find the right mix. I was determined to make the eco work. You can't beat the price.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 11th March 2010, 8:42 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I just started using eco styler gel. Under my TIGI Moisture Maniac w/jojoba oil my hair was very stiff and crunchy. Then I tried oyin honey hemp as my leave in, then olive oil, and then eco. Worked like a charm. My hair was firm but not as stiff and crunchy. I think it is the olive oil. Plus I remember in one of MahoganyCurls you tube videos she said the eco doesn't work well under all leave in's.

@ladyjones try the EVOO with the eco. You will find the right mix. I was determined to make the eco work. You can't beat the price.

Sorry to go OT but tigi moisture maniac seems so heavy to use as a leave in. I use it as a DC. Does it give you flakes/dullness as a leave in? How much do you mix? Thanks in advance!
Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th March 2010, 9:03 pm

Ekaette wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:I just started using eco styler gel. Under my TIGI Moisture Maniac w/jojoba oil my hair was very stiff and crunchy. Then I tried oyin honey hemp as my leave in, then olive oil, and then eco. Worked like a charm. My hair was firm but not as stiff and crunchy. I think it is the olive oil. Plus I remember in one of MahoganyCurls you tube videos she said the eco doesn't work well under all leave in's.

Sorry to go OT but tigi moisture maniac seems so heavy to use as a leave in. I use it as a DC. Does it give you flakes/dullness as a leave in? How much do you mix? Thanks in advance!

The TIGI is rich and creamy...just the way I like it. It doesn't feel heavy to me at all. I typically use just one pump when I use as a leave in. I never saw any flakes or dullness. I have never tried it as a DC but will have to try. But maybe what you are saying may be the reason it didn't work under the Eco.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Penni 4th April 2010, 8:01 pm

I used the eco this morning......my hair is also hard. Just thought maybe I used too much. My hair appears to be 4a/4b. I do have the the s curls in the back the z curls in the front and I just don't know what's going on with the sides. LOL!!! I would like to know do I put in a leave in conditioner then some oil or just skip the leave-in all together?

Penni

Penni

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th April 2010, 9:56 pm

Penni wrote:I used the eco this morning......my hair is also hard. Just thought maybe I used too much. My hair appears to be 4a/4b. I do have the the s curls in the back the z curls in the front and I just don't know what's going on with the sides. LOL!!! I would like to know do I put in a leave in conditioner then some oil or just skip the leave-in all together?

Penni

Don't skip the leave-in, I would suggest use the leave-in and then the oil and gel.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 5th April 2010, 6:10 pm

For my first wash n go, I used my water/glycerin mix as a leave-in, coconut oil, and then the ecostyler gel. My hair was super soft and not crunchy at all! I think the glycerin makes the difference.
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 5th April 2010, 7:45 pm

Penni wrote:I used the eco this morning......my hair is also hard. Just thought maybe I used too much. My hair appears to be 4a/4b. I do have the the s curls in the back the z curls in the front and I just don't know what's going on with the sides. LOL!!! I would like to know do I put in a leave in conditioner then some oil or just skip the leave-in all together?

Penni

I second what coilykinks said
Leave in makes a world of difference
Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 5th April 2010, 8:08 pm

How do you get second day hair with the ecostyler gel? I styled my hair with it and loved the results (although it was pretty stiff). But the next day it was all matted. I tried spritzing with water but that made it worse! lol.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th April 2010, 8:40 pm

I would just pat water into my hair as I showered and then scrunch. my hair with my hands (I hope that makes sense).
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 6th April 2010, 9:28 pm

I'll have to try that. I don't like having to totally rewet my hair everyday.....it hasn't gotten nice enough out for that yet. lol. After my 2nd day hair got messed up I just put my twists back in. Now I'm good for about 2 weeks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th April 2010, 11:55 pm

Niqui36 wrote:I'll have to try that. I don't like having to totally rewet my hair everyday.....it hasn't gotten nice enough out for that yet. lol. After my 2nd day hair got messed up I just put my twists back in. Now I'm good for about 2 weeks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok-I wish i did my twists well enough to wear them out without a hat for 2 weeks.
Maybe once I get more length.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 7th April 2010, 12:22 am

Try glycerin , shea butter or Long Aid Gel. If you try the glycerin .. mix it with 3 times as much water and put it in a spray bottle.
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 8th April 2010, 11:34 am

Mix some olive oil into the gel, and then after your hair dries, add a moisturizer (I use Elasta QP Olive OIl and Mango) and it will not be hard and crunchy! Oh and put your gel on soaking wet hair...
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 8th April 2010, 12:21 pm

Does it have to be soaking wet? I don't want to have to cowash every day in order to achieve a more defined look. Can I just mist my hair with a homemade spritz, apply leave-in, oils and gel? Or is the gel applied before the oils?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next