CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Need help!

3 posters

Go down

Newbie Need help! Empty Newbie Need help!

Post by simplyshan 15th October 2010, 8:14 pm

[i]Ok i've been thinking about going natural for a couple of weeks and finally decided to through with it.Instead of cutting my hair for the 4th time i'm just going to transition,now i've been getting a relaxer for like 7 years my mom started me out young at the age of 12 and because of that i have no clue of my natural hair texture except it's thick,my hair was curly as a baby,and my new growth has a curl pattern to it.So does that mean my hair is naturally curly?
simplyshan
simplyshan

Back to top Go down

Newbie Need help! Empty Re: Newbie Need help!

Post by rubylouisedesigns 15th October 2010, 9:55 pm

simplyshan wrote:[i]Ok i've been thinking about going natural for a couple of weeks and finally decided to through with it.Instead of cutting my hair for the 4th time i'm just going to transition,now i've been getting a relaxer for like 7 years my mom started me out young at the age of 12 and because of that i have no clue of my natural hair texture except it's thick,my hair was curly as a baby,and my new growth has a curl pattern to it.So does that mean my hair is naturally curly?

Lol I wish that were true ..... I thought the same thing...
You have to think back to 3rd or 4th grade. Your baby hair transitions around that time. If u can't remember then look @ school pics.

My mom permed mine @12 tooo and boy was I in for a surprise ....lol

So needless to say i have super kinky 4c/b mixed hair that only curls when braided, twisted etc. I ended up texturizing it to get a looser curl but then I lost volume & body ......

So don't get tooo excited just yet ...Use this time practice good hair habits and focus on healthy hair. That way when you can properly identify ur hair type you'll already know how to handle it & what to expect sunny
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 15th October 2010, 11:14 pm

Maybe, but you will not know your true hair texture until you BC. During transition, your relaxed end weigh down your natural hair. My natural hair looked wavy during transition but when I BC it sprang into coils, that I love.

IMO: Try not to use heat during your transition, so that you can protect your new growth. Secondly, balance moisture and protein in your products. Here are some links to more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8GbJNJ2jM

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down