CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie in Need of Big Sis

2 posters

Go down

Newbie in Need of Big Sis Empty Newbie in Need of Big Sis

Post by Monnie 31st December 2009, 12:01 am

Hi!

I would love a big sis!

I am 8 weeks past my last relaxer and plan on doing my first transition style this weekend. What a Face I will make a run to the store tomorrow to pick up my products so I am studying all night for what I should purchase. I would love a big sis that did a long transition to take me on. I plan to transition as long as possible (about 2 years at least). Since I am new to this, I have no idea what my hair type is because, although my first relaxer was at 12, I always had some type of "softener" or "texturizer" in my hair, but it looks like I am heading in the direction of 4a (all my mother can remember is that my hair had a lot of curls and that she had issues with my hair tangling, thus the texturizers and softeners). I have been using phyto relaxers for the past 2 years, and I cannot remember what relaxer I used before that (I always went to the salon). My hair is kind of thick and falls a little past my shoulders and I have no color.

Can anyone help, please?
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Need of Big Sis Empty Re: Newbie in Need of Big Sis

Post by nekajack 31st December 2009, 2:29 am

I USE HERBAL ESSENCE TOTALLY TWISTED (SHAMPOO) PROFECTIV DEEP CONDITIONER AND OLIVE OIL FROM PALMER'S (DETANGLER IN THE SHOWER) PANTENTE PRO-V FOR RELAXED HAIR (HAIR MASK)FOR A DAILY ROOT CONDITIONER APHOGEE ESSENTIALS FOR HAIR MIXED WITH OLIVE OIL.AND I SEAL MY ENDS WITH COCONUT OIL. AND I USE JUST FOR ME AS A DETANGLER AFTER SHAMPOOING AND FOR MY EDGES (DR. MIRCALE TEMPLE AND NAPE BLAM FOR ME EDGES IT HAS MADE THEM SO THICK HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 31st December 2009, 3:48 pm

Thanks Nekajack.

There are so many products out there that I just took note of many of them that interest me. This is what I have come up with based on my "just pick something already method." I only plan on going to Target (and Walgreens), so I am only trying things I can find there.

Can you look at my list below and tell me if you (and anyone else, please feel free to chime in) have had any experiences using these? It seems like a lot, but I want to make sure I have fallback options in case I get to the store and they don't carry the below. I got a lot of these ideas from Stargazer613's fotki.

-Shampoo - Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo (there's a place that sells CD's products near my home) or Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo. I would like to try the Giovanni Tea Trea or Tea Trea Tingle Shampoo if I can find it. I think I will try the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo or Naked Natural Fortifying Shampoo for clarifying later.

-Conditioner - Jason's Biotin Conditioner or Nature's Gate Conditioner (Henna or Kemp)Aubrey Organics Honeysucke Rose. I will definitely try Trader Joe's Balance Moisture Nourish Spa once I feel like stopping by Trader Joes again. I also plan to try the Herbal Hessence Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted and perhaps the Aussie Moist if the first few choices don't work for me.

OR

Yes to Carrots Moisture Mud Mask

-Deep Conditioner - Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner and perhaps some Naked Natural Shea Buttter/Avocado Smooth Conditioner (all mixed with Jojoba Oil).

-Leave-In - Eulence MB or Aussie Moist Conditioner.

-I also plan on picking up some shea butter as well as some jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil (or an oil that already has these ingredients, which I believe I already have at home with my Kera Care Essectial Oils), aloe vera and a good heat protectant.

-I also want to try some KBB or Carol's Daughter Hair Milk on my next product run.

-I hear that the AO Blue Green Algae Conditioning Mask is good periodically as well, so I will try that later.

-I will also need to pick up some clips, rollers and other hair styling tools.

Whew! I felt like I just typed a mouth full! I think I will begin a fotki to journal my progress and products because I can already tell that this is going to be a roller coaster ride!
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 31st December 2009, 6:47 pm

ON THE SHAMPOO-Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo ,GIOVANNI AND NEUTROGENA ARE ALL GOOD PRODUCTS MY SISTER USES THE NEUTROGENA AND I HAVE THE CAROL'S DAUGTHER BEING SENT TO ME.

ON CONDITIONER- I HAVENT USED ANY OF THE ITEMS ON YOUR LIST BUT I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO TRY THE HENNA CONDITIONER TREATMENT SOON.

DEEP CONDITIONER- IVE USED SHEA BUTTER AS A CONDITIONER TO MY ROOTS I PLACE IT ON MY NEW GROWTH AND SCALP IT IS GOOD.

LEAVE IN-IVE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT AUSSIE MOIST ON HERE BY OTHER WOMAN BUT HAVENT USED IT MYSELF.
YOU ALSO STATED THAT U WAS WANTING TO GET A CONDITIONER WITH ALL OF THE OILS TRY:

APHOGEE ESSENTIAL OILS FOR HAIR IT HAS Safflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil,Vegetable Protein ,Silanteroil, Meadowfoam Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Shea Butter,AND Lanolin Oil IN IT.
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 1st January 2010, 12:32 am

Thanks!

I came home with BAGS of hair products and styling tools. It was sooo overwhelming in the stores; although I went to 3 different places, none of my first choices were anywhere to be found (except one of the conditioners). I am so glad that I walked in there with options already preselected. For all I know, the stuff that I purchased may work great on my hair. I created a fotki earlier todat that I am going to use to document my progress. I have already listed the products I purchased today along with some pictures (although I have not 100% figured out the whole picture thing yet.

For conditioners, I ended up getting Herbal Essence Totally Twisted, the Naked Naturals AND the Aussie Moist (I could not decide). I have always been crazy about conditoner so this does not surprise me. I could not find a leave in so I figured I can use a mixture of one of the conditioners and something else to make a good leave-in. Any ideas?

For shampoos, I ended up getting the Organix Passionfruit Guava and the Neutrigena Anti-Residue Shampoo. I could not find anything on my list.

I also got some oils. I could not find regular shea butterm so I got the Cantu Shea Butter Hair Dressing Premenade. It has petroleum listed as its first ingredient, which scares me a little based on the warnings to stay away from petroleum, but I bought it anyway. Embarassed
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 1st January 2010, 2:06 am

sorry u didnt find the exact products you were looking for but it looks like from your list you got some good products hope they do wonders for your hair
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 1st January 2010, 2:54 am

Thanks. I need to pace myself anyways. I'm in for a long ride.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 1st January 2010, 5:59 am

ur welcome
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content