CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hair texture story

3 posters

Go down

hair texture story Empty hair texture story

Post by gigihaitiancurly 12th October 2010, 3:12 am

So today while I was in class I came to awestruck realization: my hair texture has changed!!!

How am I realizing that after 1+ year of being natural, dont ask! I really don't know. Or maybe I'm really not paying attention.

How I came to this realization is different.
I was in Fluid mechanics class when a strand from my puff fell on my face (i don't have time to comb my hair in the morning so my edges always look crazy and ready to fall out of line) I picked it with my fingers and started playing with it while taking my notes. Without paying no mind to what I was doing to that strand of hair, i involuntary started twirling it around my fingers creating a coil out of it.
and BANM!! that's when I realized it. My texture has changed!!!! Last year when I had my TWA and early syndrome of HIH i would always play with my hair and make random coils with little pieces of hair, and they would stay coiled until i took them apart. But today when I was doing the same thing to that strand, all it did was twist around itself and fall back into "cotton ball" position
Suspect ! what!?
I don't get it. All I've been doing is taking care of my hair and moisturizing it, and the proof shows: all I hear my friend say is "oh my god your hair grows so fast!!"
So why this change in texture??? I have no clue.

Have you had that happened to you, that the more your hair grows the more the texture changes??
If so please share your experience.

Smile
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

hair texture story Empty Re: hair texture story

Post by curlya 12th October 2010, 10:40 pm

I notice a change, but I thnk it is because my hair is growing and the longer it gets the more defined the texture is. The tiop middle of my hair has no curl. The sides have a type "curl" and the rest is the pen tight coil type curl. But in the beginning after the BC it appeared to all the same. Now, not so much. Neutral

I have learned from asking quesitons and reading this forum that my sides require additional moisturizing and if I forget that while getting ready in the am. I notice it about 11:00 am and I am int he bathroom 'watering' my hair. Cool
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 13th October 2010, 2:46 pm

@gigihaitiancurly: are you an engineering major? that's one hard class, let me tell ya!
Anywho- i have noticed that my hair has gotten softer but that's it...(i'm a year into my journey as well)..
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 13th October 2010, 4:03 pm

Yep I am an engineering major.... trust me this class gives me chills just thinking about it! lool
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down