CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But...

+5
kbelle
Bun_Ana
Lynnieluve
Cnicoles6
BlackSpade31
9 posters

Go down

I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But... Empty I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But...

Post by BlackSpade31 27th August 2010, 11:06 pm

Hello All,

I BC'd June 12, 2010. I have never personally dealt with my hair in its natural state.( The natural innocence was taken at an early age.) So I was surprised to find out that my hair in the front to the top of my head has a looser curl pattern than the rest of my characteristically 4b/ 4c hair. Anyone have any tips on how to manage that area. It looks like the hair is still permed when I apply anything to it.

Thanks in advance,
BlackSpade31
BlackSpade31
BlackSpade31

Back to top Go down

I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But... Empty Re: I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But...

Post by Cnicoles6 27th August 2010, 11:15 pm

I know exactly what you're dealing with. To camoflauge my basically straight hair I do flat twists and then curl or bantu knot my ends. With you having a twa, pinning your hair back may work, or lose headband so you don't damage your edges.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But... Empty Re: I know that ppl can have more than one hair texture, But...

Post by BlackSpade31 27th August 2010, 11:36 pm

Thanks!
BlackSpade31
BlackSpade31

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th August 2010, 10:32 am

I have the same issue. My texture on top is looser. As it gets longer, it gets better. But when I had a TWA, I wore twist outs (still do...my signature style)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 28th August 2010, 4:58 pm

Twist outs and braid outs usually hide this.

When doing a wash and go, while my hair is still wet, I grab little sections from the front of my hair (which has this really weird wavy pattern scratch lol) and twirl it around my finger. Kinda like a finger coil. This sorta blends my many textures.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th August 2010, 8:43 pm

Yep! That's me too in the same area. I almost BC'd too much in that area because I just knew it was relaxed but it wasn't. Now that it's grown out, it's actually more of a wave pattern but the rest of my hair is coily.
Now a days I actually part my hair in that area so it will just fall to the side and blend with the rest (like my avatar).
To make it even better right a good chunk of area above my ears is super course and wiry so I tried to blend like the other ladies said with twist and twist outs, etc. With WNG's I may have to manipulate both of those areas and then totally don't touch it until it dries so it will look uniform with the rest of my hair.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 28th August 2010, 10:49 pm

I feel your pain sistergirl. I am recently discovering that i have wavy hair on top, TINYTINY waves in the back, rough sides and front, and TINY coils in the back on the sides. WHAT THE?????

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th August 2010, 4:39 am

The texture of my hair is looser on top also and I've always used braidouts and twistouts to blend the textures.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpade31 29th August 2010, 9:08 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions and input. Its good to know that I am not alone in this! Smile
BlackSpade31
BlackSpade31

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 29th August 2010, 11:24 pm

chynadoll8799 wrote:I feel your pain sistergirl. I am recently discovering that i have wavy hair on top, TINYTINY waves in the back, rough sides and front, and TINY coils in the back on the sides. WHAT THE?????

That's me as well, exactly!!! I've just been rocking it with the different textures. I just did some finger coils and they hid the different textures. As my TWA gets longer I'll try some twists and that should help as well. I think my hairdresser cut too much off the top as well, thinking it was relaxed and it's just REALLY wavy.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 2nd September 2010, 1:25 am

Im glad I read this, I am going through the same situation. I will try all the advice given. Thanks!
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down