CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair)

+12
fanmnatirel
akaprincess00
pie
judik
Naturally Esq
tatertotz
rayray19
BrownSkinDiva
moonchild
Umph
psbest
IJustWannaKnow2
16 posters

Go down

4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair) Empty 4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair)

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 6th October 2010, 10:21 am

Hey 4b-ers, is there just ONE product that is good for our hair that:
doesn't require you wet your hair FIRST
you can wear EVERYDAY
doesn't require you mix it with anything else......
I am really curious to find out what you come up with. Do share!
TIA.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair) Empty Re: 4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair)

Post by psbest 6th October 2010, 10:42 am

Giovanni Direct Leave and Yes to Carrots I heard.
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair) Empty Re: 4B-ers: GREAT moisturizer for dry hair (don't want to wet my hair)

Post by psbest 6th October 2010, 10:46 am

i'm looking for great hair butters with scent besides shea butter for 4b's
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 6th October 2010, 11:11 am

It's not a 100% natural product, but Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner works for me. My hair is moisturized and soft.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 6th October 2010, 11:32 am

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th October 2010, 12:52 pm

Giovanni Direct Leave In
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th October 2010, 1:49 pm

I heard qhemet biologics AOHC cream is a great creamy moisturizer im going to order it soon
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 6th October 2010, 2:07 pm

I put Giovanni direct leave in on my hair daily and switch it up with Garnier sleek n shine leave in every now and then. Cantu shea butter's 'cones leave a dull film on my hair if i apply it too much...no buenoo
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 6th October 2010, 4:54 pm

I agree: it's Giovanni Direct Leave In. Sometimes, I might add a little Vatika Oil.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by judik 6th October 2010, 4:56 pm

taliah waajid protective mist bodifier is a spray and i absolutely love this stuff. They sell it online and at the BSS. Smile
judik
judik

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 6th October 2010, 5:36 pm

I've heard good things about Taliah Waajid's spray. I may try it since it's sold at my local CVS..........
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by akaprincess00 7th October 2010, 11:43 am

Hmmm, I've been using Giovanni DLI for over a year now & I've never used it without water. I've always mixed it with water & used in a spray bottle .Are you just applying it & then twisting/braiding it at night? I'm intrigued! I'm a serious lover of GDLI & I swear this was sent down from heaven just for me! Very Happy
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 7th October 2010, 1:03 pm

I'm 4c- so I don't know if this will work for u but Qhemet Biologics is the business used on wet or dry hair!
I think that was my gift frm heaven!!!
FYI, I used the olive & Alma heavy cream....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 7th October 2010, 3:37 pm

I also use Giovanni Direct leave-in and I love it!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 8th October 2010, 12:01 am

I like Hair Rules Hydrating Finishing Cream. I'm a 3c/4a, but its great, so I think it would work for everybody. It really gets the crunch of products out. Great daily moisturizer for refreshing a style. I also like miss jessie's curly buttercreme, but that costs an arm and a leg so i'd sample it if i were u. U don't have to wet your hair with either one! Hope that helps Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 8th October 2010, 1:17 pm

akaprincess00 wrote:Hmmm, I've been using Giovanni DLI for over a year now & I've never used it without water. I've always mixed it with water & used in a spray bottle .Are you just applying it & then twisting/braiding it at night? I'm intrigued! I'm a serious lover of GDLI & I swear this was sent down from heaven just for me! Very Happy

Yes, I use it on dry hair during the week to remoisturize. The first ingredient is water.

Sorry, but I must disagree: it was send down from heaven just for me, but I am willing to share. woot!

aka Ms. Giovanni
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 8th October 2010, 1:46 pm

Try shea moisture smoothie from target! Its amazing! Leaves the hair - soft- silky- and very manageable!
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th October 2010, 2:07 pm

I have used Giovanni Direct Leave In, SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk, Afroveda Cocolatte Moisture MAsk.. yea I'm a PJ. I use it all. Not at once tho. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by akaprincess00 8th October 2010, 4:47 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:Yes, I use it on dry hair during the week to remoisturize. The first ingredient is water.

Sorry, but I must disagree: it was send down from heaven just for me, but I am willing to share. woot!

aka Ms. Giovanni

LOL! We can share!
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down