CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dont know what to do with this hair anymore

+4
diego2memphis
LadyMika
meepmeep1101
BlacknGolden
8 posters

Go down

I dont know what to do with this hair anymore  Empty I dont know what to do with this hair anymore

Post by BlacknGolden 24th January 2011, 7:53 pm

Im stuck. Literally stuck in a routine of mini twists, deep conditioning, then back to mini twists and occasionally if I have the zeal I would take out my twists for a mega curly twist out. But what do I do now, Ive grown lazy with my hair. My twists are in for 3-4 weeks and I only decide to DC when my hair starts smelling (I know terrible lol). Its so cold in NYC that I cant really do anything cute to my hair that will not get destroyed by my furry hats.

Can someone help me with some words of wisdom and some uplifting thought? Very Happy
BlacknGolden
BlacknGolden

http://Fotki.com/BlacknGolden

Back to top Go down

I dont know what to do with this hair anymore  Empty Re: I dont know what to do with this hair anymore

Post by meepmeep1101 24th January 2011, 8:00 pm

You can always try a new product. Whenever I'm feeling down or lazy about my hair a new product makes me want to explore and play with my hair more. Try some flat twists, or bantu knots. You can get micros in or some beautiful seagalese twists. Smile

Your hair is beautiful! Think of others who would want it. haha. Make people envious.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

I dont know what to do with this hair anymore  Empty Re: I dont know what to do with this hair anymore

Post by LadyMika 24th January 2011, 8:22 pm

Wear a satin bonnet under your fuzzy hats so your hair won't get (too) banged up under your hat. And you can try a new priduct as MeepMeep suggested. Try ouy a new gel or butter or prowl Ricky's NYC for conditioner. They sell some conditioners and leave-ins that Duane Reade won't carry.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diego2memphis 24th January 2011, 9:08 pm

I agree with meepmeep, seeing your avatar, I think bantu knots or a bantu knot out would look incredible on you!
diego2memphis
diego2memphis

http://www.natural-ness.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 24th January 2011, 9:16 pm

u can always go to youtube and get ideas....i was just like u. I got tired of a twist out real quick. But since i found youtube and watch them girls do their head....life for me and Booski Luv (my hair) has been on easy street
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 24th January 2011, 10:31 pm

j. kinky wrote:u can always go to youtube and get ideas....i was just like u. I got tired of a twist out real quick. But since i found youtube and watch them girls do their head....life for me and Booski Luv (my hair) has been on easy street

Thats cute you name your hair!..hahah..I should think of a name..lol
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 24th January 2011, 11:32 pm

Check out this site for hair style inspiration:
http://www.naturalbeautifulhair.com/hair-style-gallery.html
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 12:05 am

maybe u should try something different and explore diff hair styles....maybe play around w/ her hair and see wut u come up w/???

Back to top Go down

Post by BlacknGolden 28th January 2011, 2:34 am

Thanks Ladies, Ill try this out. I havent done my hair in the past few days again so ill work on it tomorrow night lol. @tamtam7 I already have this site saved to my favorites lol. Arent the styles awesome!?!

Also I need a really inexpensive creamy kind of product (like conditioner) to use in my hair for when I am styling, its like a detangler and curl holder in one. Any Ideas?
BlacknGolden
BlacknGolden

http://Fotki.com/BlacknGolden

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 28th January 2011, 2:44 am

Garnier fructise (sp?) leave in cream is pretty good, and less that $5...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 28th January 2011, 5:29 pm

@BLACKNGOLDEN- Are you kidding me? from your avatar you have a gorgeous head of hair, woman...lol. I wish my hair looked like yours...

I would try frohawks, chunky twist outs, chunky braid outs....buns? you seem to have enough hair for a bun...
Oh man...i'd go wild if i had your hair...

As one of the ladies mentioned, you could try new products (not so good for your pocket but that could get you excited).....and yes- you tube has some good style tutorials...

You could try kinky twists...not sure how you feel about extensions...
you could try a wig...

There's that website called afroholic (i think) and it has tons of bad ass pics...that always get me excited... Smile

Anyways, it's obvious that whatever it is that you are doing to your hair, it's working...so keep it up!!!
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down