CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curl envy

+3
Curlykid78
Madeaj
elleeccentric
7 posters

Go down

curl envy Empty curl envy

Post by elleeccentric 3rd October 2010, 11:59 am

Hellooo curlies,

I dont know if its just me but sometimes i find myself experiencing major curl envy. When i'm on a natural hair blog online or if i see a curly out and about. I love being natural and I love nebula (my hair) but when i see another curly i often think "I wish my hair was that long, thick, shiny..." the list goes on.
Can anyone else relate to this feeling?
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

curl envy Empty Re: curl envy

Post by Madeaj 3rd October 2010, 12:53 pm

Oh yes, I can

I posted earlier about vowing to accept that I have frizzy hair. I love my hair, multi textures and all. But sometimes I'd look at someone else's curly hair and wish mine were longer, smoother....etc.

The posts by Megafaith and Cherry reminded me of one of the reasons I went natural in the first place. I was tired of trying to force my hair to be something it wasn't. So I am embracing my frizzy edges that no amount of gel and scarves will make lie down.

I am going to continue to admire others hair, but I am going to enjoy mine too. woot!
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlykid78 15th October 2010, 11:11 pm

Hey I think that we all have those days. However my biggest issue is when other naturals try and make me feel like my hair is not difficult at times. Or I hate to have someone assume what a product does for there hair will happen to mind.

Other thing is that I hate it when another baby natural thinks that products create my curls...like I force my hair to be the way it is...
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 16th October 2010, 12:10 pm

I have 2 kinds of curl envy. The good kind that motivates me to continue with my natural journey and the kind that bullies my hair and figuratively pushes it around the playground. When the second kind of curl envy comes around I just remind myself that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and everything about me (curls included) is perfect just the way it is Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 16th October 2010, 2:25 pm

That happens to me quite often....but i think it keeps me going...

@elleeccentric: looking at your hair definitely gives me curl envy...loooool.
But as mentioned above...i think it is the good kind....which makes me want to keep doing protective styles so my hair can be long one day...
quick question...do you have a color in your hair?! looks realy nice...

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 16th October 2010, 4:37 pm

Definitely.. but more in a positive way. When I see a woman with a huge afro I'm always like calculating in my mind how long it'll take for me to also rock my hair in that length
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 16th October 2010, 4:49 pm

Oh yea girl. I just started going back natural so at times when I see another curly with the same curls but just shinier and healthier looking I always say boy I wish I had her hair.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down