CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Envy

+7
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
bholmes87
jlowman1
curly+kinky+fierce
lexibugg004
calicoeyez
11 posters

Go down

Curl Envy Empty Curl Envy

Post by calicoeyez 13th February 2010, 1:56 pm

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED CURL ENVY? LIKE YOU SAW SOMEONE OR A PIC AND WERE UPSET THAT YOUR CURLS WERENT LIKE THAT OR WERE AFRAID THAT YOUR HAIR WOULDNT TURN OUT AS FABULOUS? I THINK ITS A GROWING PROCESS AND IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US. PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES AND VIEWS ON CURL ENVY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
calicoeyez
calicoeyez

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=777364621

Back to top Go down

Curl Envy Empty Re: Curl Envy

Post by lexibugg004 13th February 2010, 3:06 pm

i don't think i have ever had curl envy, where i envied a particular type and/or size of curl, but i definitely felt envious of those who wore their natural curls and had mastered the art of doing so, regardless of the type and texture. i have just always wanted to wear my hair out, big and curly!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th February 2010, 3:21 pm

oh yea! before i went completely natural i used to look and hope my curls were like other curlies....that quickly changed when i figured out that ppl liked my curls too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i love making what i have look good
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2010, 3:26 pm

ALL THE TIME! I always see the ladies on CN with big hair and Im so jealous. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had really thin hair when I was relaxed and Im afraid that when my hair TWA grows out, it wont be big like I want it to be. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by calicoeyez 13th February 2010, 4:46 pm

i think theirs always going to be some insecurities when starting a new adventure. im not really jealous as i am excited now. I see the pictures on this site and say wow because i never knew black hair could be so long,full and beautiful in its natural state.
calicoeyez
calicoeyez

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2010, 5:18 pm

It is gorgeous! All the different textures, lengths and everything! Its so diverse.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 7:43 pm

Girll yes I've had curl envy!!! I've looked at fotki pages and just sat there drooling because the curls were so luscious and shiny and springy and PERFECT!!!! I would hope that my curls would be just as amazing as theirs were, and you know what? THEY ARE! I don't think it's a problem to enjoy and fawn over other natural tresses. However, it shouldn't be to the point where you wouldn't want to go natural unless your curl pattern is like someone else's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We just have to enjoy the curls we have and be happy with them because they're all BEAUTIFUL!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But there's nothing wrong with admiring other curlies because the women on CN.com are just sooooo flyy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2010, 8:02 pm

I cant say I have curl envy but I do have styling envy. When I see some styles, I wish I was able to do them myself. I know with practice I will be able to achieve those looks one day. I have mastered the twist/twist out style. Now if I could learn how to cornrow and get some "creative hair juices flowing" I would be on to some. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th February 2010, 9:25 pm

LOL I won't call names but yes I have seen some naturals and wished my hair would behave like theirs...but the farther along I get the more I love my curls. I just appreciate my curls and drool over others!!! *whispers like Lynn's twists*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 13th February 2010, 9:59 pm

I'm still transitioning but I have a bit of curl envy. I think every time i see jlowman's twa or look at one of mahagonycurls youtube videos. i can't wait for my bc. I'm slowly working on the courage to do the bc myself. but still not sure. i'm definitely not going more than a year.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2010, 10:28 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:LOL I won't call names but yes I have seen some naturals and wished my hair would behave like theirs...but the farther along I get the more I love my curls. I just appreciate my curls and drool over others!!! *whispers like Lynn's twists*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Your have mastered the twist out!! When are you gonna do it again?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 14th February 2010, 12:18 am

I get curl envy all the time. Especially when seeing pics of ladies with NO FRIZZ. I just can't seem to get my hair to NOT be frizzy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 14th February 2010, 1:16 am

When I first started wearing my hair curly I wanted bigger curls and a smoother texture.My curls are the diameter of a drinking straw and they can get frizzy if I dont do my part.One day I had an aha moment and realized that I was looking for products to make my hair look like this one girl's hair at work.Once I realized what I was doing I stopped focusing on her texture and accepted my own.She still has a beautiful head of curls but so do I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th February 2010, 1:24 am

Deva_87 wrote:I'm still transitioning but I have a bit of curl envy. I think every time i see jlowman's twa or look at one of mahagonycurls youtube videos. i can't wait for my bc. I'm slowly working on the courage to do the bc myself. but still not sure. i'm definitely not going more than a year.

Aww, this makes me feel special [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! Thanks Deva! I cant wait until you BC, Im ready to see those curls girl!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by calicoeyez 14th February 2010, 7:07 pm

raina wrote:When I first started wearing my hair curly I wanted bigger curls and a smoother texture.My curls are the diameter of a drinking straw and they can get frizzy if I dont do my part.One day I had an aha moment and realized that I was looking for products to make my hair look like this one girl's hair at work.Once I realized what I was doing I stopped focusing on her texture and accepted my own.She still has a beautiful head of curls but so do I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I find myself thinking about this all the time like what if my curls dont turn out the way i want them. or if i dont like the way my hair will look once i cut all the relaxed off. but its all apart of the process i guess. i wont fully be able to accept whats not there yet sent im still in transistion. Wink
calicoeyez
calicoeyez

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 14th February 2010, 9:44 pm

I'm feeling a little curl envy right now looking at sweetdrk1 and lynnieluve's avatar. LOL!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down