CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Envy

4 posters

Go down

Hair Envy Empty Hair Envy

Post by AngiePie 1st January 2011, 8:00 pm

I often find myself with hair envy. I know this is wrong and one of my resolutions for 2011 is to stop worrying about what other people got; and focus on myself. That goes for hair and other things as well.

But as I'm looking a photos of all of you lovely ladies with your natural styles, I really can't find anyone who has the same hair texture as me. I start looking at natural hair styles and then after a few seconds I'm like, "Wait a minute, I can never achieve that! She clearly has a different hair texture.

I don't want to get caught up in whether I'm a 4A/B/C/ I suspect I'm a 4 C or a B. I just really want to find someone who has my same texture and use them as a hair role model-- to see what is and is not possible with my hair.

So do any of you here have the same hair texture as me? Or can you point to any pics of people who have the same texture as me?

My hair in June 2010
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My hair in December 2010
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I stopped relaxing my hair in January 2010; so it's been a year. I didn't realize the progress I made until I looked back on the pics.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing my hair role models.

Cheers,
Angie
AngiePie
AngiePie

Back to top Go down

Hair Envy Empty Re: Hair Envy

Post by cluelesscurl 3rd January 2011, 10:48 am

Go on youtube and search there are alot to choose from. Prettydimples01 and soon to make a comeback mahoganycurls are just a few the list goes on and on. Patience is key as well. I know how you feel we've all been there. HTH

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 3rd January 2011, 11:30 am

I completely understand your frustration, Angie! I get SERIOUS hair envy on this site ... yet I'm still addicted to it. I do like you ... look at styles and then realize my hair will likely never look like that. Hubby sits with me and he'll be like "babe, that's cute" and then I have to break it to him that based on what I'm seeing so far, my hair won't look like that.

Black Girl with Long Hair is another good natural hair blog.They don't have the helpful forums that you see here, but there are a lot of articles and spotlights of different naturals on the site. Anyway, my point is that there seems to be a stronger presence of the "more texture, but less curl" (for lack of a better term) types. So, if you're looking for photos to stalk, that might be another option.

JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovnit85 12th January 2011, 2:08 pm

Hey Angiepie,
Congrats on your journey! I can understand your struggle with hair envy but I think finding your hair type would be the best start for you. From your picture I really can't tell what your hair type is. It's easier to tell when wet. If your hair is curly when wet you may be a 4a orb, if its more cottony and shows no visible curl then you are probably a 4c (like myself). Now I know hair typing is controversial but I have found that for especially the hair textures in the 4 category it's helpful as a guide and protects you from hair envy. Once you find your hair texture try to limit your exposure of styles to imitate to your hair twins. It's fine to find support from everyone in the natural community so I'm not saying we should separate ourselves we just need to realize that what works for a 3b is not going to work for a 4b! The other thing is once you accept what your hair can do and how to promote its health, you will love it more and the envy will disappear! Everyone's natural is beautiful.

Lovnit85
Lovnit85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down