CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rollers with twist and braid sets

2 posters

Go down

Rollers with twist and braid sets Empty Rollers with twist and braid sets

Post by naturallynola 29th September 2010, 7:27 pm

For the people like Nikki who do the twist and curl, I was wondering if you experimented with different types of rollers. I was thinking of buying some of the satin covered rollers because they should be more comfortable to sleep in than the rods I usually use or than the magnetic rollers. Also, does any one use drinking straws instead of the rollers at the end of your braids or twists?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Rollers with twist and braid sets Empty Re: Rollers with twist and braid sets

Post by naturallyu 29th September 2010, 7:50 pm

I typically use perm rods too. While I haven't used a different roller on my twists sets, I have done bantu knots on the ends before and that turned out pretty good. Plus, you won't have to sleep on hard rollers.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 29th September 2010, 7:57 pm

TNaturallyu that is a great idea. I will try that. Can you tell me what you use to do your twist sets? I am playing around with different products to see which one (gel, lotion, cream, pudding, etc.) gives me the best results. I liked the results with KCKT with KCCC, but I have to curb my "heavy handedness." Sometimes they look a little too "Jheri Curlish" to me, but I am getting there. I used the Super butter Creme by Donna Marie and that was pretty good, again I have a tendency to use a little too much.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 30th September 2010, 12:21 am

Usually I use clear ecostyler gel for my twist sets. I have used KCCC in the past and while I like that it has all natural ingredients it can be a little out of my price range. For some reason I cannot get good results with creams or conditioners; seems like I cannot get my sets to hold very long with creamy products and my hair takes forever in a day to dry with the cream based products. IDK why...
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down