CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out

+13
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
jlowman1
TMS
CocaColaCutie
C.
Peachtree
HAMPTONSFNST
Lynnieluve
TwistedKurlzz
CocoEuro
NikG20
chocolate-kinks
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out Empty I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:24 am

Well for months I've been killing myself to find a way to get an awesome braid out. When I did my braid outs, I parted from up and down. After braiding and making it set for the amount of time, I always had to camouflage the parts. This could be sometimes annoying because by the time i'm finished, I already messed up the definition. I remember one time I braided my hair to the side and left it in for a while. I loosed out the braids and to my surprise, the braid out was FIERCE. I was so impressed. From then on, I continued to braid my braid out like the norm and still was not happy. Anyway fast forward. Well today I have box braids in the front of my hair and in the back and I wore my half a wig. I have the braids in the back braided to the side because I noticed that it was easier for the half a wig to get into the braid. So today while re-braiding the braids in the back, my mind clicked. I remembered how bomb my braid out was when I braided my braids to the side. I realized this was because when its braided to the side as the braids are aloosed, the hair covers the part below. When I take this out I am going to try a braid out with this method in my entire head . This is what I mean by to the side. https://2img.net/h/i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/chocolate-kinks/PC260005.jpg?t=1272863949 . By this method you reduce the use of the pesky parts that by fixing will mess up your braid or twist out.

Braid out with initial vertical lines https://2img.net/h/i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/chocolate-kinks/P9140042.jpg?t=1272864499

Braid out with braids to the side https://2img.net/h/i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/chocolate-kinks/PC280008.jpg?t=1272864644 (sorry for the bra, I just love my vest sorry)
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out Empty Re: I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out

Post by NikG20 3rd May 2010, 3:31 am

Very cool! I will have to try it someday. Your hair looks GREAT! I have not heard of this particular braid out method so I'm sure someone who is struggling with their braid outs may find it very helpful.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out Empty Re: I found a way for a better braid and flat twist out

Post by CocoEuro 3rd May 2010, 4:46 am

Oh pretty awesome!! I despise part lines too!!! I will definitely try this!!!

Last edited by cocoeuro on 3rd May 2010, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 3rd May 2010, 9:17 am

I will have to try this also. I would have never thought to braid my hair like this to cover up my parts. Thanks for posting this information.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 9:56 am

That is great info.....now all I have to do is learn how to braid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd May 2010, 9:58 am

Great idea. Now if only I could cornrow or 2-strand flat twist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 3rd May 2010, 11:21 am

I must agree, ear to ear (side) cornrows and side 2 strand flat twist truly hide pesky parts.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 11:25 am

I can two strand flat twist....and especially going sideways (Not so great going straight back). I will definitely being giving this a try the next time I do them.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:45 pm

You welcome ladies. It's so much better Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:46 pm

NikG20 wrote:Very cool! I will have to try it someday. Your hair looks GREAT! I have not heard of this particular braid out method so I'm sure someone who is struggling with their braid outs may find it very helpful.

Thanks so much Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:47 pm

cocoeuro wrote:Oh pretty awesome!! I despise part lines too!!! I will definitely try this!!!

Smile lines are tooo annoying
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:47 pm

TwistedKurlzz wrote:I will have to try this also. I would have never thought to braid my hair like this to cover up my parts. Thanks for posting this information.

No prob
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:48 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Great idea. Now if only I could cornrow or 2-strand flat twist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They have plenty of youtube videos, so you should try those.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:49 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:That is great info.....now all I have to do is learn how to braid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Youtube Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd May 2010, 2:49 pm

Peachtree wrote:I must agree, ear to ear (side) cornrows and side 2 strand flat twist truly hide pesky parts.

Yep
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd May 2010, 3:01 pm

this is great. i stumbled on this while twisting my hair some months ago. I can twist sidways alot faster than i can going straight back and the horizontal twists always look waaaaaaay neater and make for better twistouts w/o me having to do anything. for me the sidways twists make my hair look extra coily [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but the vertical ones just make it look wavy

thanx for sharing

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 3:01 pm

wow great idea! thanks for sharing!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd May 2010, 3:26 pm

Thanks for the great info.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd May 2010, 4:12 pm

Great idea and method, I definitely have to try this out!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 4th May 2010, 1:59 am

You welcome ladies Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th May 2010, 2:29 am

WOW, GREAT IDEA. NOW I HAVE TO TRY THIS FOR MY 2 STRAND FLAT TWISTS. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 9:14 am

very nice results indeed!!! i need to try it Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th May 2010, 1:26 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:very nice results indeed!!! i need to try it Smile

Thanks Wink
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 5th May 2010, 10:00 pm

Thanks for the information and the pictures! Very cool idea, I'm going to have to try this method. Very Happy

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th May 2010, 12:24 am

nikismiles wrote:Thanks for the information and the pictures! Very cool idea, I'm going to have to try this method. Very Happy

Nooo prob Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next