CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How wet is your hair when you braid/twist

+7
BlondeByDesire
prettybrown213
Kez
simplysloan
Lynnieluve
Naturally Esq
chynadoll8799
11 posters

Go down

How wet is your hair when you braid/twist Empty How wet is your hair when you braid/twist

Post by chynadoll8799 26th September 2010, 4:17 pm

My braid outs are becoming a HOT MESS!
should i braid while my hair is wet and let the dryer set it?
I usually cant do that. there isnt enough time. ill take it out and it will stil be wet!
I usually let my hair dry halfway, then ill rewet it with some organix leave in, THEN braid. sleep on it, and it wil be dry in the morning when its time to go to work. It looks WONDERFUL in the morning but by the end of the day its a HOT MESS!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

How wet is your hair when you braid/twist Empty Re: How wet is your hair when you braid/twist

Post by Naturally Esq 26th September 2010, 4:33 pm

Are you using a styler such as gel, foam or creme?

I twist my hair in the evening, when it is damp and it is dry by the AM.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

How wet is your hair when you braid/twist Empty Re: How wet is your hair when you braid/twist

Post by Lynnieluve 26th September 2010, 5:40 pm

It takes my hair a long time to dry when I do braids too (my hair is THICK). Even when I twist on damp hair, depending on what styler I used, it still may not be dry by morning.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 26th September 2010, 8:23 pm

I do my braid outs on washed or co-washed hair, so it's wet, but not dripping. I use eco and shea butter to braid. it's usually slightly damp in the crown when I wake up, so when I take my braids out i take out everything but the front and crown and fluff, then take down my crown and front and leave them alone. The crown will swell a bit, but I usually last a few days in this style. Just remembering to braid or retwist at night so as to keep the curls from getting smushed at night.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 28th September 2010, 11:08 am

Hey Chyna,
I have same problem, my braid outs are disaterous (pics in my CSJ!)
I have tried more and less products but still no succes - only success is 2strand twists with bantu knots - so im gonna do that with braids, knot them after - on wet/damp hair, but not dripping wet, will wrap in towel and then leave to air dry for few mins after as my hair takes too long to dry and dont wanna go under dryer (avoiding heat as much as poss) - i think its harder as im transitioning so ends need more effort!
I will let you know how I get on as this is my weeks mission!
Good luck!
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 28th September 2010, 11:44 am

For me, my hair comes out better when it is wet. I've tried braid outs, twist out and bantu knots on dried hair and was left with a frizzy, limp mess!!! No bueno.
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th September 2010, 2:00 pm

I like to do my twist on wet hair - better definition. I love to use Koils By Nature Butter and Gel. Right now, I have in 8 day old twists that are still holding their own. This will be my protective style for winter months.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th September 2010, 2:12 pm

I do twists on damp hair and braids/braidouts on wet (not soaking) hair. You get better definition with braidouts when they're done on wet hair. Also are you using a styler such as a hair butter or cream to help set your hair? The Organix leave-in may not be heavy enough to get the look you're going for.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 28th September 2010, 10:22 pm

I have to do mine doaked becuase my strands are thin and they clump better when wet. I tried it dry and it was pretty but it did not last long, maybe 2 days tops. When I do it soaking wet, I can get a week out of it twisted and then an additional 3 days of a twistout if I can't wash it.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 6th October 2010, 1:23 pm

I gett better result on my twists when my hair has air dried, and I use minimal product. They're fuller and so much prettier that way.
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 6th October 2010, 2:42 pm

sjoyreed wrote:I gett better result on my twists when my hair has air dried, and I use minimal product. They're fuller and so much prettier that way.
Hey Sjoyreed,
I have found that too, drier is better for me too though still not quite perfected yet!!! Xx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 7th October 2010, 11:05 am

My 4a/b fine, porous, and coarse hair takes forever to dry when I braid so I usually do twists. If I do it on wet/damp hair it shrinks up more. My twist-out in my avatar was done on wet hair. Twist-outs on dry hair results in more elongated twist-outs like this (scroll to the bottom). Now that it's getting colder I'll probably do more twists on wet hair simply because I don't like the blow dryer.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down