CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisture loss

2 posters

Go down

Moisture loss Empty Moisture loss

Post by flossystar 27th September 2010, 8:45 pm

Hi everyone Im having trouble keeping my hair Moistureized through the whole day. I cut my perm off two weeks ago my last perm was may. My everyday routine is wake up co wash spray my aloe vera gel and water mix on put on my giovanni direct leave in and then i put oil on my hair to seal it. By the time 1 pm comes around my hair is dry and dry looking i dont know what to do.

flossystar

Back to top Go down

Moisture loss Empty Re: Moisture loss

Post by Lynnieluve 27th September 2010, 10:30 pm

That's normal after the big chop. I would suggest you try a few things...

What helped me when my hair was short was to add oil when cowashing. I would wet my hair, apply EVOO, then apply my conditioner on top of the oil and proceed to cowash like normal. I noticed a BIG difference after about a week or so of doing this.

Baggying will help you retain moisture too. At night you apply your moisturizer of choice (or conditioner and oil mix) and cover your hair with a "bag" or showercap, put on your scarf and go to bed. The next morning, rinse it out and style as usual or you can cowash then style as usual.

My last suggestion is to make you a homemade spritz. You could mix conditioner, water and a oil of your choice. When it gets dry, just spritz it.

I hope this helps!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down