CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 36 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th January 2011, 2:05 pm

Question to the Pros:

When you buy nude lipstick - are you looking a color to match your skin? That's what I want - nude lipstick/gloss. And something to lengthen my eyelashes.

I don't wear make-up - just something on the lips. Can someone help me.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 36 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by Pretty_Vee 4th January 2011, 5:01 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:
Pretty_Vee wrote:I'm glad you posted that pic Nubie..that is definitely on my "to buy next" list

ok yall I did this look over the holidays while visiting my bfs family in NY...I used my coastal scents palette..I forgot to take a closed eye shot *ding dong* but I used 3 different colors on my eyes..it almost looks like a sunset. I thought it was really pretty but I think I should have packed on more color.

We were going out that night for dinner and I wanted to keep it nice and subtle though so i guess this did the trick. on my lips I only wore my sephora lip gloss in "sugar coat"

https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/16/00/39/13/img_3210.jpg" alt="" />

This looks very natural - I like it a lot.

I love your brows too - do you do them yourself?

Aww thanks...yes, i just started doing them myself last month after i started looking like a muppet..i couldnt take it anymore so I determined not to F-them up...I'm getting better at it each time I do it

as far as nudes for the lip..I was reading..in order for it to look natural that you should get a shade that is no more than two shade lighter or darker than your natural lip color and that's "your nude"

I ended up finding "my nude" on at Walmart..Maybelline has a great selection of neutrals if you're looking for something under 8 dollars
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th January 2011, 6:20 pm

FYI: The Urban Decay Naked Palette is back in stock on the Sephora website if anyone is interested!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 4th January 2011, 7:42 pm

krazy coils wrote:@ Nubie - gorgeous looks, I love how the Nars orgasm blush looks on you!

@CMN - Love your looks and how the colors are blended. Are you and your family moving back to the states?

Thanks a bunch krazy, yes we are moving back to the states. We are going to Tn. That should be so not exciting ! But I will get to walk in an American store and go shopping. Lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th January 2011, 10:43 pm

@jlo-i peeped how the naked palette would be back on the 4th...EEEK!!

@BBD- u better be careful...first u talkin bout a nude lip n mascara n the next thing u know u got a full fledge diva face BEAT honey **snaps** my nude shades consist of MAC c-thru lipglass, buxom in sandy and another one i picked up from NYC in target for like $2. i wanna perfect those first then try to find some nudes wit a pink hint in em (unless i just make my own) as far as mascara, maybelline falsies have been a big hit, i have their volume express that i like...and covergirl lash blast ORANGE tube, cuz i didnt like the purple tube.

i have to say...i definitely envy vee's browz Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 4th January 2011, 11:10 pm

ok so I said i was going to do one of the looks that i had posted earlier but... that didnt happen. I took this pic Monday on the way back from Atl. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In think I have a problem yall!!! I caint stop buying makeup!!!! this is getting out of hand!!! I just got my other order in from CherryCulture plus I spent 35 at the bbs in Atl. HELP ME PLEASE!HELP ME PLEASE!!(in my best Pop's voice) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by brandiitneka on 5th January 2011, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 4th January 2011, 11:18 pm

oh i forgot... I need a good mascara. one that does not clump on the lashes but adds volume and length. I have one from Mary Kay, its good but could be better. I just bought one by Maybelline, the colossal volume in the yellow tube but it clumps so bad!!! What do yall use? I am gonna try and do some swatches of the lipstick and gloss I bought sometime this week.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 11:27 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
FYI: The Urban Decay Naked Palette is back in stock on the Sephora website if anyone is interested!
thank you!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th January 2011, 12:03 am

affraid brandi....omg...i just cant wait. did i tell u i made it official to go back to my amber rose for my bday (jan 26), what color do u have in ur hair? and how often do u color it?

ok so i need to know...what are those purple glosses? u got em from the bss? i cant judge cuz i got a makeup bag FULL of lip glosses, sticks n more No i got a palette i barely touch n yet i still buy more...EEEK!! actually im waiting on my 2 loose powder UD order from hautelook now and im still contemplatin that dmn UD naked palette pale so umm brandi...**singing** u are not alone...im a pj too...although ur far away, we buy makeup everydaaaay!!

and those browz... Cool FIYAH!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th January 2011, 9:02 am

@ brandi - lol, sorry I can't help you because I have a problem myself. Any store I go into where beauty products are sold I'm always looking for something new.

:Sigh: No -yeah I ordered that Naked Pallet because I got an email saying it was now available
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th January 2011, 11:02 am

My lips are like mauve color? I need to go get a consult I guess.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 2:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Happy hump day by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

See my hot pink lips!

*saying to myself* I don't need the UD naked palette, I don't NEED the UD naked palette! Shelbey gave you a naked palette for Xmas!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th January 2011, 2:25 pm

Nubie, Sweet & Brandi....y'all are looking good.

Brandi I know what you mean. I set a budget, but I keep going into Sephora, Target and Ultra. SMH

Sweet that pick looks good on you!!! Did you try the NYX eye pencil yet?

UD naked palette...I have one from ELF, and I think I'm going to order the one from Coastal Scents. I just love my Prism Palette!!!

See....this has got to stop. Embarassed

Oh...y'all really need to try Maybelline's Falsies mascara!!! That is the best mascara ever!!!! I have lashes and no clumping!!! dance
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Myeka33 5th January 2011, 3:11 pm

oh yes Maybelline's Falsies is good for real....you ladies are looking good Smile
can anyone of you ladies recommend a drugstore concealer that covers dark spots? I'll go to MAC and buy theirs unless i really really cant find a drugstore brand....also do you put concealer on before foundation or after? thanks in advance
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 11:07 am

I'm getting better y'all! I used the NYX jumbo pencil like KNH suggested

Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

I still need to get more comfy with packing the color on...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th January 2011, 1:42 pm

@Sweet - I see the eyeshadow, cute and I love the color of your lipstick too!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th January 2011, 2:09 pm

Myeka33 wrote:oh yes Maybelline's Falsies is good for real....you ladies are looking good Smile
can anyone of you ladies recommend a drugstore concealer that covers dark spots? I'll go to MAC and buy theirs unless i really really cant find a drugstore brand....also do you put concealer on before foundation or after? thanks in advance

I put on concealer before foundation. Don't know of a drugstore concealer I use MAC.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th January 2011, 2:13 pm

Hey ladies you guys are doing the dang thing in here. I have been having some great make looks but my iPod Touch I got for christmas doesn't take picture as well as my BB which has a flash. So the looks i have don't do the make up justice and are too dark. The girl I mentor got me a MAC quad with Blue, Black, Gray and White oh she knows me to well. I will be updating soon.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th January 2011, 4:12 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I'm getting better y'all! I used the NYX jumbo pencil like KNH suggested

Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

I still need to get more comfy with packing the color on...

Looking Good Sweet!!! Just pack it on!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th January 2011, 4:43 pm

Myeka33 wrote:oh yes Maybelline's Falsies is good for real....you ladies are looking good Smile
I use Black Opal’s full coverage foundation. I like it a lot. They have quite a few colors. I also like NYX’s concealer. I have the one in the pot and the ones in the tube.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 5:04 pm

Chrs I LOVE that new AVI you have there my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 6th January 2011, 5:26 pm

Ummm, nikcoils, totally un makeup related but ummm, I'm soooo jacking your hairstyle today. Seriously cute. I mean like right now I'm jacking it. It is officially my birthday hair do! I love you
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Myeka33 6th January 2011, 6:38 pm

thanks ladies for the help and love the avi Chrs!
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th January 2011, 10:47 pm

@brandi, you are doing it, yes, you are Smile! The lip color looks great on you. I am no help when it comes to purchasing makeup. I got it bad. I try to limit my visits to stores that carry makeup to once a week.

@sweet, look at you, hot pink lip pretty mama--work it work it! That cut on you looks so good!

@sweet & myeka, thanks a bunch flower .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 6th January 2011, 10:55 pm

Hi Ladies

First of all Happy New Year. You all are looking great. I haven't been so much into my make-up lately but I did get a gift certificate for ULTA so I'll be making me a trip there and I'm gonna get back into it.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next