CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 35 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by Pretty_Vee 30th December 2010, 1:33 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here is a blue look I did this morning. Please note I used the facial retouch feature to the first and second photos. If you are interested in what I used to create the look, or any recent look, let me know.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is yesterday's look--I think it is very girly.

Hey Chrs...

I love all of the looks, but the last picture is my favorite. How did you create this look? What colors did you use?

yes..i need to know how you created this look and what you used..its SO darn pretty! (i'm LOVING blues right now)

you did a great job on this!!!

and the second look, what did you use there as well..this one seems work friendly and looks very soft and pretty
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 35 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by krazy coils 30th December 2010, 1:37 pm

The pictures are appearing large from my computer also.

@PrettyVee - Thank you! I used Deep Truth by MAC which is the blue and I blended with Shadowy Lady a dark purple in the crease area.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 31st December 2010, 7:13 pm

Chrs, what tools (brushes, etc.) did you use?
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 9:18 pm

does anyone highlight their eyebrows (shadow/pencil) to define them?~

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 1st January 2011, 10:04 am

Happy New Years laydeez!!! 2011 im gonna ATTEMPT to be more daring wit makeup n just wear it more often even if its a simple look!

@strawberri- im lookin for more info on highlighting period so i'll be waitin on those tips...

@knh- for the blush, i initially had the sephora chick match my tone which was NARS "lovejoy" and i took a chance on Orgasm and LOVE ITTTT!! the shimmer is a nice touch. With nars u must be usin it like a scardy cat cuz it doesnt take much to show, lol. i take the brush and swirl it TWICE and apply aka SWEEP it to my cheeks while smiling but i swirl it and brush it up like an upside down semi-colon on my face (yes look down on ur keyboard Razz ) i took my sister to sephora and yall are about the same complexion and the chick recommended NARS blush in "dolce vita" and it looks SOOO good. initially seein the color i thought...hmm this is for old people but it blends into her cheeks for a hint of color. go and try it...

@chrs- i can do the girly look all day honey, its my favorite for keepin it simple and quick. UD shag is my fav so i made sure i got it in that hautelook sale as loose powder too! dmn it missed out on the crown brushes but $40 aint bad on the site either. my mom has an old sam fine book around somewhere i need to find it, coutouring and highlightin HIS way is definitely outta my league-eeek!! i'd be in the mirror for hours on end.

@brandi-im gonna try the 2nd look to get me more used to wearin black, i need to stare at the pic more, lol.

@fleur- WELCOME!!! you'll love it here Very Happy and black honey is a classic!

@kc- i love to see you in bright colors, that way i can show my gf's wit darker complexions that its possible. u and npmo (where she at) defy the odds and look gorgeous doin it.

while i was off this week (and lovin it) i did a few looks:

more times than not, i always use UD shag all over my lid, added UD fishnet and zero on the outer corner. im tryin to perfect the eyeliner on the top lid to get as close to the line as possible (as u can see the hiccup on the left side) and my nude lip courtesy of applyin concealer FIRST then a nude color i cant think of right now wit a hint of MAC pink friday (which u can barely tell)

i wore a harajuku shirt so i thought of kingston/gwen stefani and did UD honey (gold) and graffiti (green); shouldve blended a tad bit more to clean it up on the right eye **sigh** and used NYX eyeliner in Moss (i think) and went over it with graffiti in the loose powder; lip was from red velvet in sephora's gloss and NARS orgasm blush. peep how i did a little better wit the black liner close to my lash line...

im tryin to branch out and do more bold lips too, so i need to also perfect the pouty lip **lookin at chrs** and i got the anastasia brow wiz in brunette that im gonna play around with today. its a skinnier tip than a pencil for lighter and more distinct strokes so stay tuned Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 1st January 2011, 5:37 pm

soooo i tried out my anastasia brow wiz (brunette) it has the little brush on one end and a teeny tiny tip on the other side for precision.

now yall KNOW i really just got into shaping and fillin in my brows and my little NYC brow pencils ($2) were servin me well...ummm they'll be takin a hiatus and a back seat to my anny pencil. i tried it not know what to expect so i played around with it at work. its soooo easy to use and i just used light strokes to fill in my sparse hairs. i didnt think the color was takin becuz i had the mirror up close n seen NOTHING Neutral but i didnt want to over apply so i just paused n pulled the mirror back...VOILA!!

i didnt even realize it cuz its so light, i mean light like i couldnt feel it light and its very natural looking! this $21 pencil is definitely worth it and im just in loooove I love you

excuse my messy wrap, lol but i was too excited to show yall...now i'll still use my NYC pencils but i'll use the trick of puttin some powder on to take away some of the shine so i also have this brow kit ($2 or 3):

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2011, 1:29 am

You worked those brows Nub! All of your looks came out nice! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 2nd January 2011, 12:08 pm

Happy New years Ladies , we made one more year ...THANK YOU JESUS FOR ONR MORE CHANCE !!

I know I have MIA but I have been busy getting ready to move . Y'all this is my last month in sasebo, Japan Crying or Very sad So its kind of bittersweet , I want to leave Japan but I don't want to go back to the states . But what can you do when you don't have a choice ?
Anyways I did not forget to take pic for my holiday looks for the parties I went to, here are a few Very Happy
thanksgiving day

husbands command Christmasas party

friends commands Christmans party
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd January 2011, 12:20 pm

heeeey curly me...good job! how do you (and chrs) mix and blend so many different colors where they still look seperate?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 2nd January 2011, 12:35 pm

Hey Nubie !! thank you and Happy New year to you and Mason !

How I do it , is when you apply a color on top of another color I concentrate it in just one paticular place and not fully over the other color and if I feel i have lost some of the color underneath I just go back and put more if what I lost and try not to cover the top layer, and I blend with a clean brush at the point where the two colors meet .
for example the the gold was placed first on the lid , then I applied the red from the crease to the brow bone and then I placed the black on the outer v and just blended in the crease till I felt it faded enough and if some of the red was lost I would go back and apply it and blend with a clean brush . Very Happy
Hope that makes sense .
watch this tut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRemAEbEvks
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd January 2011, 3:23 pm

@ Nubie - gorgeous looks, I love how the Nars orgasm blush looks on you!

@CMN - Love your looks and how the colors are blended. Are you and your family moving back to the states?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 2nd January 2011, 4:26 pm

thanks KC! I WILL be adding those to my ever growing collection!

OOOOOH! that orgasm blush does look great on your Nubie!
i'd looked at it a few times int he store and thought it might be too shimmery for me but you can barely tell. We're about the same complexion so I might have to try it! Love the looks!
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd January 2011, 6:09 pm

yeeea vee, i thought the same esp cuz i cant tell the difference between orgasm and SUPER orgasm scratch i dont even know the shimmer until i swipe it off wit my hands. i love it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 2nd January 2011, 11:07 pm

Nubie, Love the avatar!! I am going to try one of the looks tomorrow. not sure which one but just look for some pics sometime in the afternoon. Oh, HAPPY NEW YEARS LADIES!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 3rd January 2011, 11:56 am

I'm glad you posted that pic Nubie..that is definitely on my "to buy next" list

ok yall I did this look over the holidays while visiting my bfs family in NY...I used my coastal scents palette..I forgot to take a closed eye shot *ding dong* but I used 3 different colors on my eyes..it almost looks like a sunset. I thought it was really pretty but I think I should have packed on more color.

We were going out that night for dinner and I wanted to keep it nice and subtle though so i guess this did the trick. on my lips I only wore my sephora lip gloss in "sugar coat"

Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 1:22 pm

Hey Vee....

That is a very pretty look!! I like that lip gloss from Sephora!! So what blush did you use...I'm having a hard time with blush. I think it;s me because I don't put it on heavy, because I don't want to look like I was hit in my cheeks!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 1:47 pm

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays...

Thought I would share a couple of looks I tried last week..

I was going somewhere after work and I was wearing red so I tried this look to match what I would be wearing later.

Same red look.....

Can't go wrong with grey!!

So what I've discovered by way of a tip from a good friend is to used NYX (604 Milk) shadow pencil. I've been using this under my eye shadow and it has really made a difference to me.

Also, I finally got an Anastasia Brow Pencil!! dance I'm getting better with my brows...but I'm still having some issues with foundation and blush. I went to MAC NYE and I just can't wear their foundation. The young lady that was waiting on me looked like she wanted to tell me that, but she tried her best! **sigh** I did get the ricepaper eyeshadow and some more PRRR lip gloss!! Very Happy

So for now I'm sticking with IMAN's Perfect Response Oil Blotting Pressed Powder. The color I'm wearing right now is Medium...its working for me for now!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 3rd January 2011, 4:32 pm

i used two different blushes from my coastal scents palette (bottom row), I used the second and third blushes from the left.

Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 5:16 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays...

I was going somewhere after work and I was wearing red so I tried this look to match what I would be wearing later.

Same red look.....

So what I've discovered by way of a tip from a good friend is to used NYX (604 Milk) shadow pencil. I've been using this under my eye shadow and it has really made a difference to me.

Also, I finally got an Anastasia Brow Pencil!! dance I'm getting better with my brows...but I'm still having some issues with foundation and blush. I went to MAC NYE and I just can't wear their foundation. The young lady that was waiting on me looked like she wanted to tell me that, but she tried her best! **sigh** I did get the ricepaper eyeshadow and some more PRRR lip gloss!! Very Happy

So for now I'm sticking with IMAN's Perfect Response Oil Blotting Pressed Powder. The color I'm wearing right now is Medium...its working for me for now!!

I got a gift card to Ulta I am going to get that shadow pencil! Looking good Sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 5:18 pm

Pretty_Vee wrote:

I love it! Very pretty!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 5:45 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays...

Same red look.....

I got a gift card to Ulta I am going to get that shadow pencil! Looking good Sis!

Hey Sweet....do try it. You will see a difference in your color enhancement immediately I did.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 11:23 pm

ok I got two pencils the Milk and the brown. I am excited dance
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th January 2011, 12:03 am

i have the milk and have yet to use it for my eyes other than the tear duct part but let me say...ive been starin at ur pics like Shocked u are REALLY doin the dmn thang!! did u use ur ana pencil for the first pic? man i love that pencil, its like my new bestie!

@vee-thats a cute subtle look, im lovin the sugar coat too (on the list)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 1:11 pm

I think I am going to just go get a makeover..because I can't get the colors to look how I want them...so maybe I am picking the wrong colors?? scratch
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th January 2011, 2:02 pm

Pretty_Vee wrote:I'm glad you posted that pic Nubie..that is definitely on my "to buy next" list

ok yall I did this look over the holidays while visiting my bfs family in NY...I used my coastal scents palette..I forgot to take a closed eye shot *ding dong* but I used 3 different colors on my eyes..it almost looks like a sunset. I thought it was really pretty but I think I should have packed on more color.

We were going out that night for dinner and I wanted to keep it nice and subtle though so i guess this did the trick. on my lips I only wore my sephora lip gloss in "sugar coat"

This looks very natural - I like it a lot.

I love your brows too - do you do them yourself?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next