CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2011, 6:00 pm

got dmn jlo...did u get a raise or something???? Shocked let me know how u use the UD smoke out pencil cuz the blending side feels like concrete and the liner side is nooowhere near as smooth as the gliders Evil or Very Mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 6:12 pm

NubieNatty wrote:got dmn jlo...did u get a raise or something???? Shocked let me know how u use the UD smoke out pencil cuz the blending side feels like concrete and the liner side is nooowhere near as smooth as the gliders Evil or Very Mad

lol! I WISH! & Ooooh noooo about the smoke out pencils. I dont need concrete rubbing against my eyes lol I'll def keep ya posted though. I cant wait to get the gliders. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I cant wait to use them as liner under my neutral looks. I love the neutral with a pop of color look...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 6:41 pm

I love the gliders!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th January 2011, 6:46 pm

@jlow - you've been having having fun with the makeup (lol).
Ladies I've also seen some people using the sponge tip applicators to pack the eyeshadow on.

@KNH - whenever you decide to purchase any MAC brushes in my opinion the only ones you really need are the two blending brushes which are the 224 and the 217 brushes. They really help to blend but the other ones can easily be substituted by cheaper brushes.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 9th January 2011, 7:04 pm

Thanks to brandi, I just spent $25 on cherryculture.com lol tryina get my lip gloss to pop like you!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:30 pm

krazy coils wrote:@jlow - you've been having having fun with the makeup (lol).
Ladies I've also seen some people using the sponge tip applicators to pack the eyeshadow on.

@KNH - whenever you decide to purchase any MAC brushes in my opinion the only ones you really need are the two blending brushes which are the 224 and the 217 brushes. They really help to blend but the other ones can easily be substituted by cheaper brushes.

Hey KC...

I know that's why I haven't bought any yet....I am using some I have from Mary Kay (which are too soft but a couple really work for me) and the other by Sonka (sp) that I got from target. I do have one MAC brush I think its 190 (foundation brush) but I will so hold off and look for substitutes!!! Yes ma'am don't want to pay $20 or more for a brush, but they sure feel good...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:34 pm

jlowman1 wrote:@brandi: Very pretty! I love your haircut too!

My latest makeup buys:

Urban Decay: Naked Palette, Summer of Love Shadow Palette, 24/7 Jackpot Liner Set, 6 pigments and 2 Smoke Out Eye Pencils (Maui Wowie and Green Goddess) from Hautelook
Stila: Sapphires Smoky Eye Palette
Sigma Makeup Brushes: Pencil, Large Shader, Eye Shader, Flat Top Kabuki and 2 different Tapered Blending
MAC: Alum, Paparazz-She and Spectacle of Yourself (shadows), Gold Deposit MSF, Flesh and Chai (Lipglass), Snob and Siss (Lipstick) and Melba (Blush)

No more makeup for me for a looooong time! pale

So this is your latest buys!! LOL Reveal you stash Jlow, reveal your entire stash!!! lol!

I've been hearing a lot about Sigma Brushes....guess I'll go research those!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:37 pm

NubieNatty wrote:umm brandi...do u know people pay good money for your lips!!! u and knh with those full lips aka "soup coolers" **cue martin** it looks like my pink friday Very Happy

@jlo; i was thinkin the SAME thing, here i am gettin ready to toss em n here she come wit the new-new!!

Brandi......girl people would die for our lips. Don't know about you, but I went through HS wishing for smaller lips...not I love them!!

Girl your lip gloss is poppin!!! Looking good!!!!

@Nubie...I think I told you this before, (maybe I didn't) I use to date a guy that called my lips soup coolers.... lol! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Been stalking this thread and FINALLY put some make up on!

My sister told me to put the highlights in the corner of my eyes.

So here is the side by side-
highlights in the corner and NOT. Yall be kind this is the FIRST TIME, I ever put any eye make-up on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was watching this drag-queen--Yall know, I love RU!! The you tube guy's make up tutorials are so informational. Used him as my guide because, I have alot (scarring) to cover up because of a car accident.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 9:44 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:@brandi: Very pretty! I love your haircut too!

My latest makeup buys:

Urban Decay: Naked Palette, Summer of Love Shadow Palette, 24/7 Jackpot Liner Set, 6 pigments and 2 Smoke Out Eye Pencils (Maui Wowie and Green Goddess) from Hautelook
Stila: Sapphires Smoky Eye Palette
Sigma Makeup Brushes: Pencil, Large Shader, Eye Shader, Flat Top Kabuki and 2 different Tapered Blending
MAC: Alum, Paparazz-She and Spectacle of Yourself (shadows), Gold Deposit MSF, Flesh and Chai (Lipglass), Snob and Siss (Lipstick) and Melba (Blush)

No more makeup for me for a looooong time! pale

So this is your latest buys!! LOL Reveal you stash Jlow, reveal your entire stash!!! lol!

I've been hearing a lot about Sigma Brushes....guess I'll go research those!! LOL

lol! I need to get some kind of organization going on. The makeup bags arent gonna work anymore. lol...Im trying to replace my ELF brushes. They are decent but I want something with a little more quality but not the prices like MAC brushes. All the brushes I got were $9 excluding the kabuki, it was $16 which is not bad at all! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 10:12 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:oooooh knh... Shocked hot dmn girl. i enlarged that pic n it was like BAMMMM!!! u are lookin gorgeous, its like PERFECT!!! the browz n everything are just on point, the lashes look like babydolls and wow, im just loving ur whole...everything!! FEEEE-HOSS (fierce)
I couldn't have said it better!

Thank you Sweet!!

****************************************************************************Okay ladies...

So, after church I decided to go to Ulta because I had a 20% off coupon, and I bought a couple of things. I bought this BrowDuality by Anastasia and a lipstick by NYX. I didn't realize that Anastasia specializes in eyebrows Shocked and this dual highlighter pencil is the bomb!!!! (I've tried it since I've been home couldn't resist) Now the NYX lipstick I bought was only $4.99...I was looking for a nude lipstick and I got this color IRIS #501. I kinda like it!!! It looks nube, but I don't know...check it out and let me know what y'all think. (not a fancy picture at home chillin watching Madea Big Happy Family, washing clothes and playing with my make-up)

I remember Dva asking questions about highlighting under her brows, and this dual highlighter pencil is perfect for that!!

Sorry for such a long post y'all. I've decided that I'm going to try to do make-up on a budget. I want to try different colors and different things, so I'll be looking for sales, hitting the BSS and doing some online shopping for bargins!! Oh I did look for UD's Naked Palette at Ulta, and they've been sold out for two months. No
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 10:17 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Been stalking this thread and FINALLY put some make up on!

My sister told me to put the highlights in the corner of my eyes.

So here is the side by side-
highlights in the corner and NOT. Yall be kind this is the FIRST TIME, I ever put any eye make-up on

I was watching this drag-queen--Yall know, I love RU!! The you tube guy's make up tutorials are so informational. Used him as my guide because, I have alot (scarring) to cover up because of a car accident.

Hey NylaC!!!

I love the side by side, and both looks are awesome. I like the highlights in the corner....it really makes brings you eyes out!!!

So who is the guy that is doing make-up tutorials? I would love to visit his channel. I see guys in MAC and Sephora that put us to shame with their make-up skills!!! No I wonder how did they get so good at it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th January 2011, 11:07 pm

Here is the one on contouring that I really did like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_633380&v=6DEkv7DycT4&feature=iv

His name is Petrilude.
I did use some of the stuff that he talks about as far as powders and concealers are concerned.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 11:17 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Here is the one on contouring that I really did like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_633380&v=6DEkv7DycT4&feature=iv

His name is Petrilude.
I did use some of the stuff that he talks about as far as powders and concealers are concerned.

I loooove Petrilude. I've been subscribed to him for a couple months. The man can do some makeup, even better than some women I've seen. His special effects stuff is amazing as well. Its so interesting looking at his process from start to finish.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 11:45 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Here is the one on contouring that I really did like!

His name is Petrilude.

Hey NylaC....

Thanks for sharing!!! I'm going to check him out right now!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th January 2011, 8:49 am

welcome nyla woot! thanx for joining us!!

love the highlights on the inner corner, reminds me of the past work of putting the white color in the "tear duct" (did i get that right, lol) not bad for a first timer! now all u gotta do is add some eyeliner to make them eyes pop!!

****BREAKING NEWS****
the UD naked palette is IN STOCK at bounce wait for it....wait for it....
**whisper** Ulta!!!

so knh, u got the ana dual pencil, this one???

or this one....

ive heard of ana years ago but i clearly didnt care about my browz, she has her own brow salon in NY too but im SURE it cost about $50 for a shape or tweeze! so im gonna work on my browz more often n the first thing i wanna do is learn to highlight...so tell me how YOU do it????

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th January 2011, 10:34 am

Welcome Nyla, don't lurk anymore (lol). I'm also a Petrilude fan!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th January 2011, 12:12 pm

Thank yall for the compliments. I got to try the eyeliner. I went out yesterday and bought alot of the items, that yall have been talking about.

I found this blog and would love to try this look.

http://www.makeupbuzz.com/2009/04/a-rose-romance-look-of-the-day/?preview=true&preview_id=3133

Not sure abt the eyebrows, The Volum Mascara works really good on my eyes!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th January 2011, 2:33 pm

when i really step my game up i'll attempt to add lashes **biting nails** i'd mess around n glue them shyts to my dmn eyeball No
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 3:54 pm

Hi Ladies, I'm back! Lol.

Y'all have been busy over here! Everyone's make-up looks beautiful! I'm glad that some of the lurkers have started to post! I will make a more concentrated effort to post on here more. I'm starting to get back into wearing make-up daily (mascara, shadow lip gloss) and when me and the GF go out.

Right now I need to clean out my personal make-up kit as well as my pro kit. I have too much OLD make-up and some dupes that I want to get rid of. Product wise I am looking for sheer coverage liquid and powder mineral foundation, translucent powder/oil absorbing powder for everyday, to replace my Ben Nye Lumiere palette, and get some more concealer. All this is for my personal use. My pro kit needs: more foundations, a 2nd set of brushes, translucent powder, blotting papers, more blushes.

Newest FAV purchases: UD Naked Palette and Maybelline Falsies mascara. I also purchased two new nude lipsticks from Sephora: Dolce Nude and Innocent Beige.

This is my look from NYE:

I used:
Face:
Sephora Mattifying Compact in D40
MAC Cream Blush in Pleasureful
NARS Blush in Sin

Eyes:
UD Primer Potion in Original (for eyelids and as undereye concealer)
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights (the 2nd color in palette)
MAC Shadow in Beauty Marked
Maybelline Falsie Mascara in Black Drama

Lips:

NARS Orgasm Illuminator

I'm definitely going to be over here more in 2011!

FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 10th January 2011, 4:06 pm

Thanks yall!! Well I had planned on going to Ulta today to look for a train case but we are snowed in!!! Well I am bored... off to play with my eyes!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 4:19 pm

Hey Ladies!!!

Here are a couple of looks i did this weekend.

This one i did with Mac quad that has these four colors a warmer white on the inner eye, Grey in the crease and Waft (blue color)on the lid

My lipe is a red lipstick by NYC I got from the dollar tree store

This one is just cranberry eyeshadow and charcoal eyeshadow both by MAC

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th January 2011, 4:31 pm

ooooooooooh nik Shocked for a quick sec i almost got jealous of all that hair cascading down ur back but i had to snap out of it and stay FOCUSED!!!

@femme- thanx for joining us, i love ur NYE look and im such a fan of NARS blush, i just wanna stalk em!

@brandi-what train case u lookin for?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th January 2011, 10:42 pm

NubieNatty wrote:welcome nyla woot! thanx for joining us!!

love the highlights on the inner corner, reminds me of the past work of putting the white color in the "tear duct" (did i get that right, lol) not bad for a first timer! now all u gotta do is add some eyeliner to make them eyes pop!!

****BREAKING NEWS****
the UD naked palette is IN STOCK at bounce wait for it....wait for it....
**whisper** Ulta!!!

so knh, u got the ana dual pencil, this one???

or this one....

ive heard of ana years ago but i clearly didnt care about my browz, she has her own brow salon in NY too but im SURE it cost about $50 for a shape or tweeze! so im gonna work on my browz more often n the first thing i wanna do is learn to highlight...so tell me how YOU do it????

I got a gift card as a gift over the holidays!! Woooo Weeee!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th January 2011, 10:43 pm

Femme I LOVE that look!

NikC I just can't get over that hair! Amazing!

Looking good ladies!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next