CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 37 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by queenshakirah 7th January 2011, 1:53 pm

I just purchased the Naked palette from sephora. Anyone have any pics of ways to use it while I wait on mine to arrive in the mail? Surprised
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 37 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by krazy coils 7th January 2011, 2:06 pm

@ queenshakirah - I could post some links to youtube vids I've found for this pallet a little later. I'm at work and youtube is blocked so I can't do it now.

Last edited by krazy coils on 7th January 2011, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 7th January 2011, 2:11 pm

krazy coils wrote:@ queenshakirah - I could post some links to youtube vids I've found for this pallet a little later. I'm at work and youtube is blocked so I can't do it now.
Cool! Thanks.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th January 2011, 9:04 pm

queenshakirah wrote:I just purchased the Naked palette from sephora. Anyone have any pics of ways to use it while I wait on mine to arrive in the mail? Surprised

Here are some vids I mentioned before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MUChQM2mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKw8AS54fJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8jhgtGe-z0
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 7th January 2011, 9:53 pm

NubieNatty wrote: affraid brandi....omg...i just cant wait. did i tell u i made it official to go back to my amber rose for my bday (jan 26), what color do u have in ur hair? and how often do u color it?

ok so i need to know...what are those purple glosses? u got em from the bss? i cant judge cuz i got a makeup bag FULL of lip glosses, sticks n more No i got a palette i barely touch n yet i still buy more...EEEK!! actually im waiting on my 2 loose powder UD order from hautelook now and im still contemplatin that dmn UD naked palette pale so umm brandi...**singing** u are not alone...im a pj too...although ur far away, we buy makeup everydaaaay!!

and those browz... Cool FIYAH!!!

Nubie, So you are doing a BC, I caint wait to see it!! The color I use is Dark Brown by Clairol Textures and Tones. I usually color every 3 months but I have noticed some gray coming in!!! I want to let mine grow but the brush cut has grown on me. Most of the lip gloss that I purchased came from cherryculture.com. The purple colors are Yearning(dark purple) and Lilac(light purple) by SinfulColors, and one from L.A.Colors is Blazing Violet.(it would work great over a purple lip stick) Another real pretty color by Sinful is Italian Ice, it is a pinkish color with gold tints to it. Sinful has really great colors and they show up really good. The bbs in Atl that I go to sells them. If you go on cherryculture they have alot of them too but the colors on the site do not do justice!! They look a lot better in person. I am suppose to be going back to Atl next weekend, I am gonna do everything I can not to stop at the bbs!!! Lord give me strength!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th January 2011, 7:04 pm

queenshakirah wrote:I just purchased the Naked palette from sephora. Anyone have any pics of ways to use it while I wait on mine to arrive in the mail? Surprised

I hope you like the UD Naked palette. I love mine. Here is a look I did the other day using it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a YT video of one of my FAV YT makeup guru's using UD Naked palette. She actually does 3 looks.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 8th January 2011, 7:11 pm

Thanks Dva! Very nice lip color too!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th January 2011, 7:54 pm

Looking good ladies, all your looks are soooo nice!

@Dva... Thanks for the post, I just ordered the Naked palette as well and needed to see a few looks with it. I'm a sucker for neutrals so this will probably be my go-to palette for everyday looks!

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th January 2011, 8:45 pm

@DVA - thanks for the post of songbirddiva, I was wondering if she had any tutorials for this pallet but I overlooked this one.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 12:28 am

I still haven't purchased the Naked Palette....I am going to fight the urge...LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 12:44 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I still haven't purchased the Naked Palette....I am going to fight the urge...LOL!

I tried to fight it too Sweet but its stronger than the both of us! lol! Knowing good and well that I have more than enough shadows and pigments and all sorts of stuff. I just had to have it though.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 1:47 am

jlowman1 wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:I still haven't purchased the Naked Palette....I am going to fight the urge...LOL!

I tried to fight it too Sweet but its stronger than the both of us! lol! Knowing good and well that I have more than enough shadows and pigments and all sorts of stuff. I just had to have it though.
lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 9th January 2011, 3:23 am

uh...ok. well, i recently got the elf 32 shadows palette (5 bucks!) since i'm an eyeshadow (and makeup) noob. my mom also got me this 7 piece brush set that has a foundation brush, powder brush, multipurpose blending brush, eyeshadow brush, domed eyeshadow brush, shaped blending brush, and an angled eye shadow brush.

even though i have all this, today i just ended up putting this cool color on my eyelid with my finger! hahaha i have NO idea what to do with all of this. any tips? something? help! lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 10:49 am

okay....I am so fighting the urge to buy this UD naked palette. So I go to Sephora yesterday and I did buy a new foundation and concealer. I didn't get the UD naked palette, because I checked my make-up stash before I left home and discovered that I have two neutral palettes; one by Two-Face and the other by ELF.

Then I get home and see songbird4life's video posted by DVA and now I want the UD naked palette. She made putting on those colors a breeze. I'm beginning to think that the key to great eye shadow application are the brushes...**sigh** I touched a couple of MAC's brushes last week, and I'm telling you I want to invest in some MAC brushes so bad!!! However, I am bound and determined to learn how to use the different brushes first before I spend that much money!

So I tried my ELF neutral palette last week and this is how my look came out...

I really like this look. I used my NYX Milk eyeshadow pencil before I applied my eyeshadow. This big pencil makes my colors more visible!!

So help me y'all....what's the difference between naked and neutral? It is the same thing right? Help...I'm so trying NOT to buy that UD Naked Palette!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2011, 10:57 am

@karyn- i just did a post for makeup nubies like myself cuz my friends kept askin me "how to" that 7pc brush set, u wont even use half of it cuz YOU better NOT be using foundation and i'll LET YOU use the powder brush to apply blush ONLY Mad yes im over protective of you too cuz i dont want u lookin too grown!!

so everyone once again bought up the naked palette's cuz they are officially SOLD OUT!!! i would start callin local sephora stores but i dare not set foot up in that place til tax time!! EEEK!!

so i was home pa-roozing the channels n came across hsn (ok ok ok its set for my fav channel Rolling Eyes ) and Anastasia was featured...the brow wiz set

http://beauty.hsn.com/anastasia-brow-wiz-value-set_m-10054529_xp.aspx?webp_id=6285108&web_id=6285108&sf=bs&dept=bs0001&attr=7704&ocm=BS|bs0001|7704&prev=hp!sf!dept!7704&ccm=BS|bs0001|7704

its actually a pretty good deal for $29 oh wait $5 for shipping! but it includes the brow wiz, brow gel (which i wanna try) and some tweezers (which ive always been deathly afraid of)

speakin of tweezers...what do yall prep ur brow wit to tweeze n is there any way to make it less painful? i wanna tweeze in between gettin em done but i always stop after...my first pull silent
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 11:00 am

Karyn wrote:uh...ok. well, i recently got the elf 32 shadows palette (5 bucks!) since i'm an eyeshadow (and makeup) noob. my mom also got me this 7 piece brush set that has a foundation brush, powder brush, multipurpose blending brush, eyeshadow brush, domed eyeshadow brush, shaped blending brush, and an angled eye shadow brush.

even though i have all this, today i just ended up putting this cool color on my eyelid with my finger! hahaha i have NO idea what to do with all of this. any tips? something? help! lol

Hi Karyn...

I am not one to give advice..but check out YouTube and you will find a wealth of videos with instruction on how to apply make-up using your brushes. I've included a Guide to Make-up Brushes video by makeupgeek. This video answered a lot of my questions...this is a start hope it helps!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2011, 11:00 am

oooooh knh... Shocked hot dmn girl. i enlarged that pic n it was like BAMMMM!!! u are lookin gorgeous, its like PERFECT!!! the browz n everything are just on point, the lashes look like babydolls and wow, im just loving ur whole...everything!! FEEEE-HOSS (fierce)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 11:15 am

NubieNatty wrote:oooooh knh... Shocked hot dmn girl. i enlarged that pic n it was like BAMMMM!!! u are lookin gorgeous, its like PERFECT!!! the browz n everything are just on point, the lashes look like babydolls and wow, im just loving ur whole...everything!! FEEEE-HOSS (fierce)

awwwww Embarassed You are too kind. I'm having so much fun with this make-up for real. I'm glad Chrs started this thread, and I came over at the right time. It takes my focus off of hair products. I finally got my process down. I get up take my shower..do my morning routine. Then I put on my moisturizer, then I do something else then put on my primer. Then I put on my clothes...then I start with my eyebrows, eyeshadow, foundation then my blush. I put my mascara and lipstick on in the car. I love, love, love, love, Maybelline Volum'Express "The Falsies" is the best. I have no clumping and this is a first. My mom even when out and got this mascara!! Okay...she wouldn't tell me it looked good...(hater...LOL) but she went right out and bought this baby!!! LOL

Y'all I'm sure you know what this mascara looks like, but if some of you are slow to move on things like I am let me give you a visual...

I will never and I say never pay $10, $12 or $16 dollars for mascara again!!!!

Thanks Nubie....for the encouragement and the love!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2011, 1:51 pm

i have the yellow tube but i will be sure to pick these up!!

@knh, u are more than welcome! i just cant help givin props when there due. im studyin ur eye like how can i do that scratch i have been peepin eb's yt vids where she's usin the sponge applicators to pack on shadow n then blending em out!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 4:25 pm

NubieNatty wrote:oooooh knh... Shocked hot dmn girl. i enlarged that pic n it was like BAMMMM!!! u are lookin gorgeous, its like PERFECT!!! the browz n everything are just on point, the lashes look like babydolls and wow, im just loving ur whole...everything!! FEEEE-HOSS (fierce)
I couldn't have said it better!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 4:38 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i have been peepin eb's yt vids where she's usin the sponge applicators to pack on shadow n then blending em out!

I have been thinking the same thing. I was like hmmmmmm, that aint no regular brush she got goin on there. She made it look so easy. All this time I have despised those sponges and she comes in and shakes up things! Laughing

@KNH: I love your look, very pretty. Everything is on point! Im with you on the Falsies. That stuff is amazing! I havent even looked back at my old fav Maybelline's Pulse Perfection.

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 9th January 2011, 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] this pic does no justice for my lipgloss!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th January 2011, 4:55 pm

umm brandi...do u know people pay good money for your lips!!! u and knh with those full lips aka "soup coolers" **cue martin** it looks like my pink friday Very Happy

@jlo; i was thinkin the SAME thing, here i am gettin ready to toss em n here she come wit the new-new!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 5:17 pm

@brandi: Very pretty! I love your haircut too!

My latest makeup buys:

Urban Decay: Naked Palette, Summer of Love Shadow Palette, 24/7 Jackpot Liner Set, 6 pigments and 2 Smoke Out Eye Pencils (Maui Wowie and Green Goddess) from Hautelook
Stila: Sapphires Smoky Eye Palette
Sigma Makeup Brushes: Pencil, Large Shader, Eye Shader, Flat Top Kabuki and 2 different Tapered Blending
MAC: Alum, Paparazz-She and Spectacle of Yourself (shadows), Gold Deposit MSF, Flesh and Chai (Lipglass), Snob and Siss (Lipstick) and Melba (Blush)

No more makeup for me for a looooong time! pale
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 5:40 pm

Very pretty Brandi! Dang Jlo you have a ton of stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next