CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

4 posters

Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by DanyelleLoves 21st November 2009, 3:45 am

(also posted in the transitioning section)
Hello lovelies!!

I need a little help in the product department, specifically homemade ones I guess. See I plan to get zillions soon. I have had them before many times, but now that I am transitioning I am paying more attention to my hair when in braids. I want to try to make some sort of moisturizer or maybe a good deep condtioner.
Here's a list of what I have:
1. Shea butter
2. Organic, unrefined coconut oil
3. Herbal Essence Hello Hydration condish
4. Organix Tea Tree Mint condish (haven't tried it yet, but can't wait)
5. Jojoba oil
6. Peppermint oil
7. Rosemary oil
The last 3 are all EO's from a health food store, so I do know not to use them alone.

I know all of this stuff is beyond awesome, I think I just need a little help as to what to use and how to use it. Hopefully I can make something out of all this to keep my scalp and hair happy because I have a really, really, REALLY itchy SCALP! Any suggestions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DanyelleLoves
DanyelleLoves

http://smartmouthme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Re: Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by NubieNatty 21st November 2009, 11:21 pm

i have about all of ingredients u have listed and more, lol.

add castor and vitamin e to your list too, i also got lavendar and tea tree EO too! since u wanna create your own, u should get some plastic bottles and spray bottles; i got mine from target (travel essential section) for like $1.

what i do is mix some vitamin e and castor w/a few drops of rosemary, tea tree and jojoba and oil my scalp with it for overnight. u really dont need much either cuz the castor is thick and the mixed oils coat really well. sometimes i add a dash of the peppermint eo, just becuz. massage throughout and voila! what i did was baggy it overnight and it came out nicely moisturized in the am.

in the am i fluffed w/unrefined coconut oil on my fingertips and massage my scalp. i added hair butter (made from a local lady who makes her own hair and beauty line w/natural products-subtle essence) for moisture and spritz lavendar oil mixed w/water and im out!

the oils alone moisturize and coat ur hair really well. although my HH moisturizes alone but since its winter time and gettin cold my hair definitely needs extra moisture so i add any kind of oil w/ the HH mixed in my plastic bottle and let it sit and marinate then rinse n go!

an itchy scalp for me mainly means i need to keep my scalp greased. i havent had an itchy scalp or dandruff since goin natural (almost 2 months now). the tea tree mint condish u have should relieve that pretty good. i love anything tingly on my scalp, giovanni has tripe tea treat poo/condish too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Re: Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by frenchie 22nd November 2009, 12:31 am

So I have no idea if these ingredients are a good combination for others, but I used it on my hair for a deep conditioning and my hair came out amazingly soft! I used olive oil, baking soda, honey, and conditioner. I let it sit in my hair for a half hour then I rinsed it out. Super soft results!

frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 22nd November 2009, 12:59 am

I've just recently experimented with making whipped shea butter but I've been mixing things for nearly a year now. You can take the shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and whichever essential oil you prefer and mix it all together with a hand mixer until it has a whipped cream appearance. I did this yesterday and it came out great. It wasn't that exact mix but you'll want to to try different things anyway.

As far as a deep conditioner mixing your HH conditioner with a little coconut oil, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil. Warm it either in the microwave or by putting it in a glass bowl and sitting it in some hot water. Slather it all over your hair and gently comb it through and baggy overnight. When you rinse it out in the morning you should have really soft hair. It works for me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Let me know what you do and how it turns out.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down