CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

3 posters

Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by DanyelleLoves 19th November 2009, 1:15 am

Hello lovelies!!

I need a little help in the product department, specifically homemade ones I guess. See I plan to get zillions soon. I have had them before many times, but now that I am transitioning I am paying more attention to my hair when in braids. I want to try to make some sort of moisturizer or maybe a good deep condtioner.
Here's a list of what I have:
1. Shea butter
2. Organic, unrefined coconut oil
3. Herbal Essence Hello Hydration condish
4. Organix Tea Tree Mint condish (haven't tried it yet, but can't wait)
5. Jojoba oil
6. Peppermint oil
7. Rosemary oil
The last 3 are all EO's from a health food store, so I do know not to use them alone.

I know all of this stuff is beyond awesome, I think I just need a little help as to what to use and how to use it. Hopefully I can make something out of all this to keep my scalp and hair happy because I have a really, really, REALLY itchy SCALP! Any suggestions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by DanyelleLoves on 19th November 2009, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a little something.)
DanyelleLoves
DanyelleLoves

http://smartmouthme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Re: Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by naturallydestined 20th November 2009, 5:37 pm

Sounds good. I just made a yogurt DC last night. I found a yogurt recipe somewhere and decided to tweak it by adding my oils, honey, and what not. Oh it was awful! I walked around with yogurt dripping off my head under this plastic cap. It made my hair like straw. Yuk! Note to self: dump the yogurt. I'm still searching for an all natural DC so hopefully others will post. I'm curious and need ideas too.
Oh, Tea Tree stuff works great for itchy scalp.
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..?? Empty Re: Making Deep Conditioner/Moisturizer..??

Post by suesue710 20th November 2009, 8:07 pm

No one had itchy scalp like me ( i couldn't even be in hot weather to long, it itched so much ).. The best thing for this horrid problem is APPLE CIDER VINEGAR... part hair into sections and work the vinegar onto scalp. leave on for a few minutes, then wash as normal... your scalp will feel refreshed

peace

suesue710

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyelleLoves 21st November 2009, 3:37 am

Thank u ladies for the replies!
@sue And I heard of acv rinses. Do u have to mix the acv with anything else though, or do u use a particular kind?
@destined I wondered how the yogurt thing and honey would work the first time I read about it.
DanyelleLoves
DanyelleLoves

http://smartmouthme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down