CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3c/4a Twist Out Issues

+3
cutie_curli
Thinice
Curlykid78
7 posters

Go down

3c/4a Twist Out Issues Empty 3c/4a Twist Out Issues

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 8:49 am

Hi all. I am new to this site and so far I love it.

Winter will be here soon and I would like to have a nice twist out routine. I need step by step tips? Any advice is appreciated.
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

3c/4a Twist Out Issues Empty Re: 3c/4a Twist Out Issues

Post by Thinice 26th September 2010, 10:52 am

hi curlykid78. I am not an expert but here is what I do.
I wash and detangle my hair on Sunday. I put medium sized twists in my damp hair. I moisturize twice a day and sleep in a satin bonnet. I get knots easily and will rock the twist out on Friday and Saturday and repeat.

I suggest looking in the curl street journal board and reading lynnie love's journal. She rocks the twists.

Also you can search for twist out challenge and find what others did when they participated in the challenge.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 26th September 2010, 11:02 am

Curlykid I did a search adn found a thread entitled: How do you do your twist/twist out? it was posted by Naturalin2010 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 Good info in there . hope it helps you.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 26th September 2010, 7:09 pm

Since your hair is 3c/4a, I would advise you to use a styler that is gel based and to do twists on wet hair preferably. I have a similar texture and if I want my twists/twistouts to last I have use this method. I have gotten the best results thus far using wet hair and gel styler.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

3c/4a Twist Out Issues Empty Thank you

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 9:21 pm

Thank you very much for your input. I will def try that.

The first time I did a twist out, my hair was dry and I used at least 4 different products. So this time I will stick with one product(gel styler).

cutie_curli wrote:Since your hair is 3c/4a, I would advise you to use a styler that is gel based and to do twists on wet hair preferably. I have a similar texture and if I want my twists/twistouts to last I have use this method. I have gotten the best results thus far using wet hair and gel styler.
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

Back to top Go down

3c/4a Twist Out Issues Empty Thank you

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 9:22 pm

Hey. Thank you. I am going to search for that thread.

Thinice wrote:Curlykid I did a search adn found a thread entitled: How do you do your twist/twist out? it was posted by Naturalin2010 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 Good info in there . hope it helps you.
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 26th September 2010, 10:18 pm

What kind of look are you searching for?

I have the same texture hair as you and water and olive/castor oil works great for me. The results aren't as defined as if I used gel but I really like the "au natural" look that I get from these simple products.

If I want my hair to be more defined I use Kimmaytubes mixture and it works like a charm Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 11:05 pm

Well I would like a little hold. However, your combo sounds nice. I think that combo would make my hair very soft...
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th September 2010, 2:04 pm

I have 3c/4a hair and I do my twists on wet hair - I better definition and hold. I usually do mine on clean hair - either after a wash and DC or after a CW. I use Giovanni leave-in and then I use Koils By Nature Butter and KBN Gel to twist. If you check out my Curl Street Journal log you will see recent photos within last week of a recent set of twists using this method. I moisturize with a spritz every other day and lightly grease my scalp every couple of days as well. I trying to get to a point where my twists will last for at least two weeks. Right now I'm on Day 8.

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th September 2010, 5:27 pm

My hair has curls from the size of pencils shaped like spirals to loose curls/waves shaped like "S's". I prefer to twist on damp to dry hair. I cannot remember why but I know there is a reason.

My best twists were using either Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter & Ecostyler gel (clear) or Koils by Nature hair and body butter and gel. My twists lasted three weeks each time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 12th October 2010, 1:04 am

I usually twists my hair right after I wash and I use Jane Carter nourish and shine and curls scouffle. I prefer to twist them while they're wet. Don't like using gels for my twists out - they hold but dry my hair out after a few days.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down