CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three strand twist not braids...TWIST

+13
TMS
ChrsLvsBks
R2D2
poeticlyspkng
EllaMomi2002
NikG20
MsJay1121
C.
lumii
Mzbush
SheeTacular
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
17 posters

Go down

Three strand twist not braids...TWIST Empty Three strand twist not braids...TWIST

Post by Lynnieluve 14th April 2010, 12:52 pm

Here is a great tutorial on three strand twist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS71kyJTOOQ

Hope this helps someone.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Three strand twist not braids...TWIST Empty Re: Three strand twist not braids...TWIST

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 12:56 pm

This is a GREAT tutorial!!! It was so helpful Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Three strand twist not braids...TWIST Empty Re: Three strand twist not braids...TWIST

Post by SheeTacular 14th April 2010, 2:15 pm

I love three strand twists!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 14th April 2010, 2:25 pm

I haven't found that 3-strand twists last much longer than 2-strand twists do but they look pretty cool and a bit more neat!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 14th April 2010, 4:08 pm

Really great! Have been hearing about 3 strand twists for a while but never really got it.. this was kind of easy though.. I'll definitely do it for my twist challenge
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 14th April 2010, 5:34 pm

wow, i just tried it along with the video and it looks so nice, but my hair is too short Sad

but i will definitely try again in ike 2 months. and MzBush is right- they look and feel waaaay neater than regular 2-stranders

thanx Lynnieluve

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 14th April 2010, 7:05 pm

I try, and try, and TRY.... and then I start braiding.... lol!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 14th April 2010, 7:12 pm

curliecutes- instead of bringing the pieces to the middle you just carry them over to the opposite side. think of it as a line. the person in front (left piece) goes and walks around to the back of the line, the second person (what was previously the middle piece) does the same thing, now the third person (previously the last piece/the one you havent moved yet) goes around to the back of the line and the first person (the very first piece) is first again and you start all over.

hope i didnt confuse you, but this is how i think of it

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 14th April 2010, 7:15 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I try, and try, and TRY.... and then I start braiding.... lol!

lol. Another member said she did this until I gave her some simple instructions. I mean, people make it sound SO complicated but it's really not.

Take three strands...
Cross right strand all the way over left strand
(Repeat) Cross right strand all the way over left strand
Again, cross right strand all the way over left strand
Repeat, repeat, repeat.

It's kind of like your middle strand isn't there. I made a video but I feel like the instructions are so much easier. Then again, videos have never really been helpful to me. Back when I was trying to learn to cornrow I watched every video on youtube and never got it until I found cornrows.uk website. lol

The colored yarn is helpful.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 14th April 2010, 10:47 pm

Thanks for the video. I kept wondering why people were calling braids a 3 strand twist. I had no clue, thought it was kinky curly lingo, lol
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th April 2010, 11:11 pm

kindacurly- thanks. I found it confusing with the yarn. Made me googly eyed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I tried it the way you stated and it made sense. Thanks!

Thanks Lynnie for the video!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 14th April 2010, 11:16 pm

What's the secret to preventing twists from unravelling? Every time I've done it, they unravel!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th April 2010, 11:31 pm

I think this will help me. I have to save it, thanks a bunch Lynnieluve.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 15th April 2010, 1:25 am

r2d2- maybe you're not twisting them tight enough. i did a test twist but it didnt unravel and i have a twa..

aww, thanks poeticlyspkng [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 1:46 am

@ curliecutes - What helped me was to not look in the mirror while I am twisting....when I look in the mirror, I start braiding my hair.....weird, I know. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 1:47 am

R2D2 wrote:What's the secret to preventing twists from unravelling? Every time I've done it, they unravel!

It's probably your texture. I have coily hair and it curls on it self anyway so I dont have a problem with it unraveling. Maybe ChrsLvsBks will chime in. She has a looser texture.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 15th April 2010, 2:21 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
R2D2 wrote:What's the secret to preventing twists from unravelling? Every time I've done it, they unravel!

It's probably your texture. I have coily hair and it curls on it self anyway so I dont have a problem with it unraveling. Maybe ChrsLvsBks will chime in. She has a looser texture.

Yes, I wondered if it was that. I use henna and that has loosened the texture somewhat.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 15th April 2010, 4:02 pm

@Lynnieluve - Thanks for posting the video. I went home last night and tried the three strand twist on my barbiehead* and did it on my first try. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*I bought the barbiehead to re-learn how to style hair. I've been rockin' the twa forever.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 15th April 2010, 4:26 pm

This looks like it might keep your ends covered (literally). Might have to try this some day.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 16th April 2010, 7:11 pm

OH I get it...I get it!! LOL!
Thanks Kinda_Curly and NikG20 for the simple explanation Smile
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 16th April 2010, 11:02 pm

I twist my ends around my finger when I cannot twist them anymore. I will twist them with shea butter on the ends only.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th April 2010, 11:25 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I try, and try, and TRY.... and then I start braiding.... lol!
exactly!!! Razz
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 20th April 2010, 12:31 am

@ sweetdrk1 - The new avi is too cute. Man, your hair is really growing.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down