CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with curly roots

3 posters

Go down

Help with curly roots Empty Help with curly roots

Post by BiologyGirl 24th September 2010, 9:21 pm

I am currently six months into transitioning, and really need help. I've been co-washing & roller setting w/perm rods twice a week. On the first day, my hair looks great and my natural hair makes defined little spiral curls, but by day two, my roots are puffy and look like I just stuck my finger in a light socket geek . It's so puffy and thick I've managed to break three headbands (while they're on my head...which is embarrassing when no one tells you you're walking around with headband pieces in your hair lol). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my natural hair defined and manageable without washing my hair every day? I know that my hair texture will change after I BC, but if I had to guess I'd say it's a 3c/4a. Thanks!!!!!

BiologyGirl

Back to top Go down

Help with curly roots Empty Re: Help with curly roots

Post by Naturally Esq 25th September 2010, 5:35 pm

Do you remoisturize after day one?

Do you twist your natural hair after day one?

What products are you using?

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by BiologyGirl 25th September 2010, 9:01 pm

I've been remoisturizing at night with Cantu shea butter leave in, and rolling my hair w/the wrap, snap & go brand rollers. I haven't tried twisting, since I always end up with relaxed end that go everywhichway. Very Happy

BiologyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th September 2010, 9:13 pm

Try twisting your hair and then roll just the relaxed ends. You can use small perm rods on the relaxed ends if you want a tighter curl. Repeat after day one and as needed.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 25th September 2010, 10:39 pm

How does your hair look at the end of day one from your rodset? I have found that when I re-roll my hair then I tend to lose the way the set looks initially. I do better by placing my hair in a satin bonnet and pushing all the curls upward towards the top of my head under the bonnet. This way I can sleep. In the morning I take down and fluff out my hair with a light oil. Another method is you can flat twist the front section of your hair and rodset the back. This way you will not have puffy roots exposed and you won't have to wear a headband. HTH. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down