CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have split roots!?!

3 posters

Go down

I have split roots!?! Empty I have split roots!?!

Post by Labrat 27th October 2010, 12:40 am

Hey ladies,

Now I have of course heard of split ends, but I have been experiencing split roots. I didn't even know this was possible and the first two times I saw this, I just thought it was some weird fluke, but I have seen it enough times to send me to forum to ask whether anyone else has experienced this??

I know for sure it is the root because I am transitioning so part of the strand is curly and the rest is straight. The split part happens at the curly end. Oddly enough, I don't really see any split ends.

So my question is 1) has anyone had this same problem, 2) do you know how to eliminate this problem and finally 3) should I be concerned.

The whole thing is just weird!

Labrat

Back to top Go down

I have split roots!?! Empty Re: I have split roots!?!

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 9:13 am

I have been experiencing holes in the middle of my hair strand which I guess essentially is a split end. I just got them out when I see them, but if the split is that high you might have to just wait until it grows out to cut it.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 30th October 2010, 9:28 am

This sounds like hygral fatigue damage. Hygral fatigue happens "when hair is saturated with water and swells and then subsequently dries via natural or thermal means, it undergoes what is known as differential drying and differential deformation (because each separate type of molecule within the overall structure dries and deforms at differing rates). This leads to moisture-induced stress on the hair, which can lead to delamination (cuticle layer stripping off), breakage, fiber fatigue, and rupture."

Pre-poo with coconut oil is among the best forms of prevention for hygral fatigue. Read more at Natural Haven: http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/coconut-oil-knowledge-from-our.html
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down