CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair

4 posters

Go down

Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair Empty Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair

Post by tracie0305 21st September 2010, 12:27 am

Hello,

I have been going natural for over a year now and started off with my hair cut completely off so I have no relaxed hair. I decided to go to the hair salon and have my hair flat ironed straight for a different look and to see how long it had grown. Now I have hair on both sides of my head that will not curl back after washing it and it looks retarded. I am so confused as to why this has happened and I don't know what to do. Any help or advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

tracie0305

Back to top Go down

Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair Empty Re: Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair

Post by CurlyQueso 21st September 2010, 5:52 am

You can try a beer rinse. Use jojoba oil and warm, flat beer (supposed to be old, like a year old. But you can either make it sit out for a couple days until all the fizz is gone or you can pour it from cup to cup or if you have time and patience, get a spoon and swirl it around in the beer). Basically, no fizz at all.

Bellow is a link of a woman on youtube named PrettyDimples (I love her. I always look for new styles on her videos) doing a beer rinse on her flat ironed hair and her curls pop right back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnl57aBg-8c
HTH!!
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair Empty Re: Don't know what to do abt my curly and straight hair

Post by Lynnieluve 21st September 2010, 9:11 am

The reason this happened was because the flat iron was too hot for your hair. Try what CurlyQueso suggested and then condition, condition, condition.

If it doesnt revert back, then you have heat damage. You will either have to grow that part out and cut it little by little or you could just cut it all at once.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 21st September 2010, 8:24 pm

Yes, I agree with both posters. I know sometimes when I flat iron my hair it takes a couple of washes for it to go back to its true curly state. Usually by the second wash things return to normal. Hopefully it will be a temporary thing for you too.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down