CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!! Empty Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!!

Post by EagerCurler 20th September 2010, 3:47 pm

Hello all,

Ive been transitioning for 9 months... YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! BUT I am getting a little self concious about my styles none of them look as good as they used to and I'm being hard on myself and my attractiveness!!! I know its all about self love but I just can't get my signature styles to look good anymore.

I even bought a box of hairdye to spruce up the look... Too scared to color anyway I like my natural color!!!

I don't know if I am looking for new techniques or answers... I think I just needed to vent...

Thanks for reading...CURL ON!! pale
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!! Empty Re: Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!!

Post by Ms.Fenty 20th September 2010, 7:02 pm

First, congrats on making it to 9 months!

I'm having a similar but different issue, lol. My usual style looks fine when its done, but it keeps taking longer and longer, and getting more and more difficult to do. So I feel your pain/frustration, I think I would have cut everything off (and then cry like a baby) last weekend if the weather wasn't changing.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!! Empty Re: Nothing is looking good anymore!!!!!

Post by BigLipTiff 20th September 2010, 7:56 pm

I'm with you ladies! Every weekend I feel like grabbing a pair of scissors and cutting it off but, I know I'll be sooooo PO'd at myself it I did! LOL. This hair is taking an emotional toll on me!!!!!!!! LOLZ
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 21st September 2010, 1:17 pm

Well just last night I cut some relaxed ends off!!!!! Just for the HECK of it!!! I really don't know what to do with it anymore.... I am going away this weekend and I want a curly style with less shrinkage... Ive been trying to find some good youtube videos for transitioners but no luck yet...

Im just getting frustrated with the norm... uggh!!! I just want all NATURALE!!!!
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 21st September 2010, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the congrats @MS. Fenty!!! I have been transitioning from a short hair cut so I am proud of my progression... Ur hair looks awesome by the way...

@ BIGLIPTIFF Ur almost there...can you please let me in on the color in ur hair... I heart mucho!!!
Wink
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 21st September 2010, 10:18 pm

@EagerCurler, Thanks! I wish knew a new a name I could tell you, but my BFF is a stylist and she colored it for me. I used to color it myself with Clairol Textures & Tones "Flaming Desire" and it's pretty close to that...weeellll more like a faded version of that LOL Laughing
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 22nd September 2010, 11:07 pm

The same thing happened to me when I was almost a year into my transition. I transitioned using rollersets and bantu knots. Well, after awhile my bantu knots were unpredictable when it used to be a staple style. It was taking forever to dry because my natural hair takes FOREVER in a day to completely dry and my sets would still be wet in the a.m. even though I sat under a dryer for forever in the night. I had to change up my styling routines. I did a lot more buns then discovered that I could do twists and occasionally I would braid my hair. Now further into my transition I have gone back to rollersets and rodsets and they work a lot better with a lot of my relaxed ends chopped off.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 23rd September 2010, 11:31 am

@ naturallyyu.... Thanks!!! I have tried twists, flat twist, curl formers and nothing turns out good with these relaxed ends... The only style that has been working is bantu knots and like you I have had the same issue in drying and unexpected outcomes...

How long have you transitioned?
What do you do to stretch out ur curls and refresh at like day 4?
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 23rd September 2010, 12:09 pm

I have been transitioning for almost two years. If I am doing a rodset or rollerset then I usually don't touch the style after undoing the rollers. The style usually lasts for a week and I usually put some kind of oil (coconut oil, olive oil, etc) on the set by placing the oil on my fingers and in the morning running my fingers over the curls. I sleep in a satin bonnet every night and push the curls in an upward motion towards the top of my head so that I will be able to sleep. If the curls start to droop by day four or five then I gather all of my hair into a curly ponytail or textured bun by spraying the perimeter of my head with water, brushing the perimeter of my head into the ponytail (don't brush all the way through head) and placing oil and aloe vera gel on my edges. I place on my scarf and in the morning my ponytail is curly and all of my edges are slicked down. This gives me another hairstyle that I can go for a few additional days until wash day. HTH. Let me know if you have further questions. Us transitioners have to stick together. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down