CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protectvie styling and transitioning hair...

3 posters

Go down

Protectvie styling and transitioning hair... Empty Protectvie styling and transitioning hair...

Post by BigLipTiff 19th September 2010, 11:02 pm

Hello all!

I'm just over 7 months into transition and I've been seeing a lot of talk about protective styling for the coming months. Is that really important for transitioning ladies since we intend to cut the ends off at some point? I don't intend on completely neglecting my ends or anything...but do I really have to make more of an effort to cover my ends knowing they'll be chopped off in the next 6-10 months? confused
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Protectvie styling and transitioning hair... Empty Re: Protectvie styling and transitioning hair...

Post by EagerCurler 20th September 2010, 5:20 pm

I do protected twist styles every 2 or 3 weeks just to give my hair a break from being out and twistng and manipulating. I feel like it helps with growth because I am not messing with my hair or playing with it when I'm sitting idle around the house and work...lol

N I am also very lazy abt my hair I dont like have to do my hair, retwist and co wash everytime I want my hair to look fresh. Sooooo I just do a protective style for a week... HTH
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Protectvie styling and transitioning hair... Empty Re: Protectvie styling and transitioning hair...

Post by BigLipTiff 20th September 2010, 7:48 pm

I'm just like you...I don't always have the energy to do something with my hair....sooooooo now that you put it that way LOL....it makes MUCH more sense! Thanks

BTW Cute Pic!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 21st September 2010, 12:05 am

I rely on protective styling for growth and retention. When I comb, brush, or heat style my hair too often then it breaks my hair off. Plus, when I wear it out all of the time people tend to play in my hair (boyfriend and daughter) and that tends to put extra stress on my hair. Protective styling (buns, twists, braids, etc.) can reduce the tension on your strands. Sometimes I do get bored with protective styling and opt for low manipulation styles like rodsets or rollersets. Even though you will eventually cut your ends off you probably want to help protect the rest of your hair. HTH.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down