CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Growth

4 posters

Go down

Hair Growth Empty Hair Growth

Post by BeautifullyMehh 17th September 2010, 7:37 pm

Okay, so I've been transitioning since March. It seems like the middle of my hair is growing slower than my edges. I want to big chop soon, but how can I if everything is so uneven? Plus, it seems like my hair has so many textures in different spots that I'm confused. I have no idea what to do with my hair (style wise). I want to big chop and continue to get braids over and over again [is that smart lol?]
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Hair Growth Empty Re: Hair Growth

Post by mverde3 17th September 2010, 8:09 pm

I'm the complete opposite- the middle of my hair grows faster than my edges lol. I big chopped and my hair is so different everywhere that I know I don't have one "hair type". It's your hair. If it's easier for you to big chop, go for it. If you prefer to transition longer, again it's your choice. I know people who have chopped and then get braids right after. As long as you're happy with the decision you make. We all can give you advice and suggestions but in the end, you have to be happy with it Smile

Happy transitioning! Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 18th September 2010, 12:11 am

My edges grow a a bit slower than the middle of my head. If you want to transition with braids, take them out, and then put right back in then that's cool. That's actually what I do and I've been transitioning for 15 months now thanks to the twist extensions. What I love the most besides not having to worry about styling my hair everyday is taking out the twists and seeing how much my hair has flourished in the two months the twists has been in. I always notice a change in growth each time I take them out without having to measure.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyMehh 18th September 2010, 2:10 pm

@mverde3... I've heard that your edges growing slower is more common than what i'm experiencing. I have so many hair types! lol. Thanks :] ! I am very happyyy.

@Tmochava... With your whole transition and everything with your braids, have you trimmed or cut off alot of your relaxed hair? I'm just wondering because I was wondering if the amount of relaxed hair people still have effect their growth?? Idk. I agree with the not having to style at all because I go to boarding school and I honestly have no time for my hair. Thanks!
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 20th September 2010, 11:55 am

I haven't trimmed a lot, maybe once or twice. Having relaxed ends doesn't affect the growth of your hair, at least in my opinion. I have about 7 or 8 inches of natural hair since I started transitioning last year so this is why I don't believe it affects it at all. Its more or so the split ends that will affect retaining length but since I keep my hair in braids I don't have much breakage.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 20th September 2010, 12:46 pm

Some months ago there was a thread asking if relaxed ends affect natural hair growth. Some said yes and others said no. Then a natural stylist came on there and explained how it does affect the growth. Me personally, I think it probably affects length retention because of fighting with the two textures.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down